Literally everyone plays Nilfgaard.

+
ChrisFromOz;n8755020 said:
2/10 rank matches for me are Nilf. Most are SK or ST. Haven't seen a NR deck in the rank 10 and above..

The problem here, and this is the same problem i suffer from, which is poor sample size. Last night i played about 15 ranked matches in the 2000 range, rank 12/13 and experienced 13/15 NG matches. This morning before work (just now) i played another 5 matches in the 2000 range, and had 0/5 NG. We simple don't have the sample size to judge if NG is as big of a meta game chunk as people think, from personal experience i would estimate NG is close to 50-60% of the total meta game in ranked matches. But because i don't have enough games played at enough ranks i can'[t say this for certain.

StrykerxS77x;n8742410 said:
I am very happy with my ST deck. Never used NG before but I will some day.
I'm the same I love my custom built monster deck, it's serving me well in ranked. Everyone plays against it wrong because they expect something different.

The worst part about playing v nilfgaard is how long it takes for them to complete their turns.

Dear CDPR,
You have to be quick or be dead.
EVERYONE, that has enough complexes to think it matters only to win and not play the faction you like, abuses NG and ruins the game, as NG is obscenely unbalanced and op.
If you don't fix this soon, no matter if the game is in OB and not "released" it will ruin the game. It is, in practice released as everyone can play it and get frustrated with it and away from it.
Start patching and balancing ASAP, or you will have a game with bad reputation for balance and once they say your sister is a .... you know the saying.
So, get the balance patches rolling with higher tempo or you will be dooming the game to a sad silent death before it's even "released".
Nerf NG!

pngpl;n8736350 said:
At first i was determined to succeed with ST.
Got frustrated and switched to NR.
decided to try NG.
Now I am part of the brigade and i am very happy about it.
I suggest you to do the same.

Do the no creature ST deck. Just as obnoxious.

I only play in casual and i try one or two ranked games a day. The majority of the games is against NG. Now, i don't begrudge people wanting to get their hands on the best deck possible. It's a card game after all. Lately though, i'm starting to get really sick of having to constantly think how to get rid of the cow dung instead of what would be my next best move. What all those people, who copied the NG deck from wherever, don't take into consideration, is that there are that many more people who think like them. So the odds are that,for the most part, they'll have to face opponents with the same op/meta/whatever you call it deck. How does that make you a winner? I would like to watch some matches between NG netdecking people. Sounds like fun.

Now, i'm sure there're some people who genuinely like the faction and are intelligent enough to figure out the best moves/combos and cards that work the best ( which isn't very difficult. Even i, with my limited experience, can tell that most NG cards are super good ), so they end up with a deck that looks pretty much like the meta netdeck. So when people flat out say: when i see NG i forfeit or i never give them gg, and things like that, they're being really unfair to those people, however few they may be.

All that being said, i must admit that i get the most satisfaction when i win against NG, more than any other faction, with my silly NR deck. I just despise the cow. Yesterday i won two matches against NG. Emyr and Morvran. Cards like Tibor, Cahir, Vattier and the like, you get the picture. In the first one i got hit by the cow 4-5 times! ( did i mention i hate the cow? ) I persevered and managed to win.
In the second, the opponent knew almost all my cards since the beginning. RNR barely did any damage and was countered immediately, i couldn't utilize my Igni and i only gained the measly 4 points, but in the end, by the skin of my teeth, i won by a point ( thank you Redanian knight-elect ). And to top it off, they were both really gracious. The game ended normally, no tantrum forfeits, we exchanged ggs. It was very nice.

A random question. I have the "chat" disabled. Is the opponent aware of that? In the odd case that someone says something nice, i don't want to look like a jerk because i don't respond.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hmm now that i think about it, the last match i played yesterday was against someone who threw me 5-6 cows during the match, had Tibor and RGR which today im reading so many complaints about, so i guess he was using a netdeck.

Still defeated him, with the 1st time i was using that NR deck (had just received Dandelion and wanted to try it out). My Golden Dragon burnt his boosted units, when he used RGR i just cleared weather from last row where all my units where with that bronze unit that does that, and i had the last turn, used it to call the boosted Reaver Hunters with Henselt.

Not writing to brag, just to prove that the infamous NG netdeck that is goin around must not be so great after all.

Since everyone just wants to copy NG meta decks, I started playing mine that is a variant of the meta. Now I'm countering the meta NG deck and the tears of my opponents are so tasty and delicious. They are learning a valuable lesson today. In predictable fashion, they will run to their monster deck which is even worse against this NG deck, resulting in more wins. This game is hilarious because the try hards are so predictable. I just bully them to thin the herd so that new players have a chance at an enjoyable game due to me making these try hards quit.

I've played 7 weather monsters deck in a row tonight. Obviously, i just put vanhemar İn my deck for weather but... i didn't count but at least 5 weather effects have been used per game. So, think a little bit about this and my frustration...

Nilfgaraard too strong against Skellige

with 3 bronze card or one gold card they can completely destroy your deck, it unfair

Hmm. It seems the sons of Nilfgaard are on the march. The White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies would be pleased.

Threads merged.

Agreed, it's tedious in the extreme but won't change until the devs address it. Still, very fun game (was) and will only get better/more balanced over time.

TheDyingScotsman;n8733060 said:
Yeah it's frustrating. I had milled all decks except SK and NR and got so depressed about being unable to create decks of the other factions that I scrapped all my cards and now am waiting for a reset. YES I KNOW IT's STUPID :D But you know, sometimes you get in one of those moods...

I highly doubt they reset at this point unless something goes gravely wrong in coding an update and thats rarely bad enough to make a reset 99% of the time it's just a roll back .

Guest 4139610

I personally like the game though the NG in 9/10 games is getting a bit annoying indeed. Be it ranked or even casual.

NG gets really annoying, with that endless back and forth, their choosing of cards, reuse of the leader ability, the ability to set resilent, etc.
Emissary, Ambassador and Vicovaro Medic should be limited how much they can be used. it's just ridicules how much NG is shuffeling throug the cards and can pick the best they can use. Well the "special" elves are not much different.

Fimbul;n8767070 said:
NG gets really annoying, with that endless back and forth, their choosing of cards, reuse of the leader ability, the ability to set resilent, etc.
Emissary, Ambassador and Vicovaro Medic should be limited how much they can be used. it's just ridicules how much NG is shuffeling throug the cards and can pick the best they can use. Well the "special" elves are not much different.

I agree.

Anyhow I would like to see V. Medics limited to bronze spies. That way it's a lot less powerfull but still of use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom