Live Tests on Seasonal Mode Matchmaking Start Today!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hi!

Starting today and for the next couple of weeks, our live operations team will be performing tests on the live version of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, overall our goal is to improve the quality of matchmaking. For the first tests we want to work on modes which are not determined by rank, like Seasonal Mode - we won’t be performing tests on ranked mode.

Here is what we’ll be doing with the initial testing:
  • implementing a new matchmaking process for players who just unlocked the seasonal mode
  • including similar factors as in ranked mode when matching opponents
  • taking into account player level when matching
If these tests prove successful, we will be performing more tests about which we’ll keep you informed in this thread.

Thanks!

Finaly! I would rather have better matchmaking in casual and leave seasonal as "crush prestige 0 players for easy Mastery contracts" mode, but better matchmaking = better experience for everyone. :cool:

implementing a new matchmaking process for players who just unlocked the seasonal mode

That is useful.

including similar factors as in ranked mode when matching opponents
What is this thing?
Do you use more things than the rank (or mmr in case of pro rank)?

taking into account player level when matching

This will not be really useful and will lead to a feeling of p2w among new players.
If you want to take something like "weight" it should be the cards between those of the faction that the player is using and the neutral ones, it is more consistent than the level. The history of old players with new accounts has been around for a long time and will not change.

@Pacifixer
Spoken like a person who has made many a player rage quit in seasonal mode.
Nah, i usually don't play it, unless it is required to complete a seasonal quest. Bear season was an exception though, i played lot more than usual, because of the additional seasonal trees and "kind of blitz" mode.

Top Bottom