Loyalty to CD Projekt Red

+
Marcin_Momot;n9467411 said:
Thank you for all the kind words in this thread. We'll do our best to continue working the way we have over the past 10 years.

Thanks to you to put so much passion in your games, The Witcher 3 is an absolute masterpiece that will remain in the history of video games, and I'm sure that for Gwent will be the same!

I started playing the witcher 3 after I had upgraded my Hardware (just for witcher 3 and gta 5 actually) last year. 3 days and 27 hours played later, i decided to read the books. I found out the audiobooks were on YouTube, so I postponed buying the books and went with listening to them instead. I finished the entire series in 3 weeks, started playing witcher 1 to get the full story. I have to admit, i wouldve never played the first game had i not "read" the books. The gameplay is... bad to say the least, but the atmosphere the game created was 100% like the books. After finishing the game, i went on to witcher 2, which has the best storytelling of the three witcher games imo. I really enjoyed it, and finally i was free to play the witcher 3 again. I started a new game and loved the game and both DLCs. There are some flaws, and, as a hardcore lore fanatic, I dislike parts of the story. A lot of the time I just went from village to village approaching every single NPC looking for someone to play gwent with, so I was excited when I heard about gwent closed beta. I got a beta key, but didn't have much time to play untill open beta came along. My favorite characters from the books are now premiums in my collection(Vilgefortz, Bonhart, still waiting for the rats, vysogota and codringher). I finished the short stories about Geralt and season of storms a few months ago. Now we're here, and I have to thank CDPR and Sapkowski for this roughly 400 hour journey.

Now take my money and gimme that juicy starter pack premium!

Last edited:
Marcin_Momot;n9467411 said:
Thank you for all the kind words in this thread. We'll do our best to continue working the way we have over the past 10 years.
You do that and our pockets will remain open.

I like what they did with The Witcher 3 game - It is one of the best games ever created. I also like where gwent is going. It is a fun game with a lot of potential to become a competitive card game.

Nevertheless, the most important reason I love CDPR is they have a marketing vision that is consumer oriented. In a a period when most publishers/developers make their games completely against consumers, CDPR teaches them how things are properly made. The business model for witcher 3 and gwent are mostly perfect.. A GG to all CDPR and a special token of gratitude to the marketing team

I just think me discovering Witcher is perfect timing. Being a Metal gear fan, it was the one series I could always come back to, enjoy the lore and invest in it. With how Kojima "wrote" MGSV and how Konami rushed the game out, its future is uncertain.

With Witcher I found another series to really explore and look forward to.

*wink-wink, nudge-nudge* CDPR. Keep making good Witcher games. Also wouldn't mind a remaster of at least W2 for current gen.

I'm actually writing a game in my spare time with some of my friends. Every once in a while I think I might have gone a little too far in terms of having a branching storyline. Then I look at The Witcher series and decide I could probably add a few more branches. So thanks CDPR for being both an inspiration and a reason for justifying feature creep.

Top Bottom