Lvl 3 just now, which cards should i craft first ?

+
Lvl 3 just now, which cards should i craft first ?

Well the topic says it all. Which cards should i invest in first, and are a must have's no matter what type of deck i play.

The only gold/silver cards I keep in all of my decks (all factions) are Decoy and Igni. As a beginner Ciri might be very useful for you too. Cards like Ciri an Decoy should be used to gain card advantage. But most cards depend on the faction and strategy you play.

What is your favorite deck? How do you use it? What is your strategy? And how much do you you have scraps?

If you like to use all decks, craft neutrals that goes together with every deck. I crafted all three Witchers at the very beginning and I was happy with those, but others may have different ideas.

If you want to use one specific deck, craft something that supports your play style and other cards in it.

There are very few cards that work with every deck. And you cannot only focus on neutral cards. You would want class specific cards also. This also really only becomes an issue with (expensive) legendary cards. In that case you might want to focus on getting a few neutral cards first, like Decoy or Igni. Though I would advise against creating legendary cards for now and just try out different decks.

Remember you can craft 4 epics for the price of 1 legendary and in the short term 4 epics > 1 legendary.

Ciri works in almost every deck and is a pretty good starter card for an epic.

You will get most bronze and rare cards from kegs, so crafting them would be a waste unless you really need a specific card now.

As for which neutral cards to use:
- First light goes in any deck (except Monster Weather)
- Scorch is a good destruction spell
- Commander's Horn is a good buff spell
- Depending on the focus of your deck you'll want either a few buff (potions) spells or a few removal spells (like venom)

Last edited:
If you want to mill other decks, I suggest milling only the commons. Rares have a very unfavorable mill ratio and if you mill leaders, you'll lose 150 scrap if you decide later that you'd like to try that faction after all.

as of patch 0.8.25 First light is good in every deck (even monster decks)

You already start with commander's horn and scorch so don't bother making extra copies because you can only use copy of each silver and gold card

Ciri is a very good choice. I still use her in almost every deck (even the one with 5 legendaries) She gives you card advantage if played right and card advantage is very important.

While decoy and geralt:igni are very strong cards, they are both legendary and 800 scrap for a single card is probably too expensive right now.

Dimeritium bomb (200 scrap) is also a very good choice that you'll stick in most of your decks

I disagree with 4RM3D about crafting commons and rares. While it's true that you'll get lots of them from kegs as you progress, playing without them will keep your deck weak and make it harder for you to earn those kegs. Try to identify 5-10 commons and rares that will make you deck(s) more successful and just craft them. You'll enjoy the game much more that way.

There's another reason not to craft legendaries at lvl3
I remember my first one (Grave Keeper) and since I only played Monster at the time I was very happy to get it and included it in my deck ofc. That's when I started getting matched up against other players with legendaries and I was completely unprepared for cards like Geralt:Igni and Borkh :)

Sunsibar;n7224440 said:
What is your favorite deck? How do you use it? What is your strategy? And how much do you you have scraps?

If you like to use all decks, craft neutrals that goes together with every deck. I crafted all three Witchers at the very beginning and I was happy with those, but others may have different ideas.

If you want to use one specific deck, craft something that supports your play style and other cards in it.

I dont have a favorite deck as of yet, and very little scrap, like i said, i just reached lvl 3 and haven't bought any packs.

Thank you for all the suggestions so far, looks like i have some thinking to do, as to where to start :)

gnarbrag;n7224860 said:
There's another reason not to craft legendaries at lvl3
I remember my first one (Grave Keeper) and since I only played Monster at the time I was very happy to get it and included it in my deck ofc. That's when I started getting matched up against other players with legendaries and I was completely unprepared for cards like Geralt:Igni and Borkh :)

Are you sure having one legendary like Caretaker (I guess you meant him) was the reason for being matched against stronger players ? That would mean that the matchmaking system does consider these cards, which could be a pretty relevant info for all new players.

devivre;n7225190 said:
Are you sure having one legendary like Caretaker (I guess you meant him) was the reason for being matched against stronger players ? That would mean that the matchmaking system does consider these cards, which could be a pretty relevant info for all new players.

My sample size isn't big enough but I don't think I've recently been matched against opponents without legendaries with my current deck (5 legendaries) so I'm inclined to think so

Ok, I played a few round with a super cheap deck (Geralt as my only epic and no legendaries) I still faced many epics and legendaries including Geralt:igni and Borkh. (I still managed to win against the deck with Borkh) Even though the sample size is very small, it seems to disprove my theory.

gnarbrag;n7225790 said:
Ok, I played a few round with a super cheap deck (Geralt as my only epic and no legendaries) I still faced many epics and legendaries including Geralt:igni and Borkh. (I still managed to win against the deck with Borkh) Even though the sample size is very small, it seems to disprove my theory.

Thnx for testing it :)

mareSLO;n7224960 said:
Thank you for all the suggestions so far, looks like i have some thinking to do, as to where to start :)

You may want to check out the Starter Deck synopsis link in my signature. If you are level three and have only a few scrap, I would start with getting 3 each of your common bronze cards for consistency (even when you get to having 6 Silver/4 Gold - a 25 card deck will still be 60% Bronze, and New players have much more, so consistency is important). Sure, 25 levels down the road you will have most or all Commons in the game, but if you want fun and consistent decks for the next 25 levels, it starts with the bronze commons you use most often. Then you can look at saving up for Rares and Epics you want. Not to mention that while you are saving, you may get a lucky Keg or two that spins your previous plan to the side so you can play with that great card you pulled from a Keg. Invest too heavily in one thing early and a great pull can feel like a let down because it doesn't match what you were already working on.

Hey Treamayne, already changed a few things around, like you recommended in your post. Does anyone know, is there going to be an erase, before the final release of the game ? What i mean is, will we loose what we earned so far ?

mareSLO;n7227690 said:
Hey Treamayne, already changed a few things around, like you recommended in your post. Does anyone know, is there going to be an erase, before the final release of the game ? What i mean is, will we loose what we earned so far ?

There's no final verdict yet, but I expect a reset before the game goes live (you'll get fresh kegs for the ones you bought will real money)
They may even decide to do a reset earlier as well depending the needs of the beta testing.

mareSLO;n7227690 said:

From the FAQ

[h=3]Do you plan on wiping progress during Beta in the future?[/h] It’s possible. However, should this happen, you‘ll be informed in advance.

gnarbrag;n7224590 said:
If you want to mill other decks, I suggest milling only the commons. Rares have a very unfavorable mill ratio and if you mill leaders, you'll lose 150 scrap if you decide later that you'd like to try that faction after all.

as of patch 0.8.25 First light is good in every deck (even monster decks)

You already start with commander's horn and scorch so don't bother making extra copies because you can only use copy of each silver and gold card

Ciri is a very good choice. I still use her in almost every deck (even the one with 5 legendaries) She gives you card advantage if played right and card advantage is very important.

While decoy and geralt:igni are very strong cards, they are both legendary and 800 scrap for a single card is probably too expensive right now.

Dimeritium bomb (200 scrap) is also a very good choice that you'll stick in most of your decks

I disagree with 4RM3D about crafting commons and rares. While it's true that you'll get lots of them from kegs as you progress, playing without them will keep your deck weak and make it harder for you to earn those kegs. Try to identify 5-10 commons and rares that will make you deck(s) more successful and just craft them. You'll enjoy the game much more that way.

Bomb is 80 scraps though :D

You should craft cards that will go with your type of deck. Control vs Aggro is one example. I've been playing with a Skellige wounded deck, and so far (lvl 7), I've only craft Savage Bear and a second Berserker.

But as it has been said, crafting special cards can and it will be useful, like D-Bomb

mundo_nico;n7237600 said:
You should craft cards that will go with your type of deck. Control vs Aggro is one example. I've been playing with a Skellige wounded deck, and so far (lvl 7), I've only craft Savage Bear and a second Berserker.

Have you crafted a second and third Priestess yet? Berserker into a resurrected Bear is great for wounding decks, but you will probably need three priestesses to make it consistent.

Top Bottom