Make cyberpsychosis affecting V an option

+
I mean v could, but the game stops that by using humanity points to prevent it.

The game not letting you install a cybermod because it goes over the humanity point threshold is not lore friendly though. If there was a way for people to know if they would become cyberpsychos from installing one additional cybermod, then cyberpsychosis would be a preventable issue.

The game not letting you install a cybermod because it goes over the humanity point threshold is not lore friendly though. If there was a way for people to know if they would become cyberpsychos from installing one additional cybermod, then cyberpsychosis would be a preventable issue.

Neither is hit points if thats the angle you want to take mate.

You don't "snap".

It really depends on the disorder, and with mental diseases onset (and other things) can vary a lot from person to person.

Signs and symptoms
What are the early warning signs of schizophrenia?

The behavioral changes caused by schizophrenia can be difficult to identify in the earliest stages of the disease. Symptoms may emerge slowly, develop over time or occur suddenly, as though “out of the blue.”

Ok buddy, hp is a standard game mechanic. Cyberpsychosis is not. Plus your body gives a lot of immediate feedback on how injured you are, but not when you're about to snap into a mental disorder.

So which is it? Lore friendly or standard game mechanic?

Because in terms of game mechanics something like this is actually pretty standard, lol. and in terms of lore, game mechanics arent something that need to be lore friendly.

Which is expressed in arrogance and "flesh is weak" state of mind.

Not forcibly. What you describe is the last state of cyberpsychosis.

So, back to my first question, why V should care about installing cyberware?

Because V might be wanting to be able to talk his way out of things sometimes.
Post automatically merged:

Please enlighten me?

Cyberpsychosis slowly make the user less and less socially fit until, at the last state of it, only then he turns into a Cyberpsycho.

Of you know someone who have Alzheimer then you know that they are aware about what happens to them, until the point that they stop caring/knowing.

Last edited:
So which is it? Lore friendly or standard game mechanic?

Because in terms of game mechanics something like this is actually pretty standard, lol. and in terms of lore, game mechanics arent something that need to be lore friendly.

Well the OP wanted to implement cyberpsychosis on V because being immune to it would be not be "lore friendly" according to him/her. I just think that you can not implement cyberpsychosis on V and still be lore friendly. I don't consider it a standard game mechanic, because it's not standard in that other games do not have cyberpsychosis. Health bars in games are so ubiquitous that I do consider that a standard game mechanic.

Cyberpsychosis slowly make the user less and less socially fit until, at the last state of it, only then he turns into a Cyberpsycho.
Of you know someone who have Alzheimer then you know that they are aware about what happens to them, until the point that they stop caring/knowing.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. From my understanding cyberpsychosis is caused by cybermods. You wouldn't be able to tell precisely how many cybermods you could install before you become afflicted with cyberpsychosis. There has to be a point between a normal non-cyberpsychosis state (e.g. no cybermods installed), and a state of cyberpsychosis (after X cybermods installed). The part that I have a problem with is I can't think of a lore friendly way that some individual would know what number X is because everyone's susceptibility to cyberpsychosis varies widely.

Also, there could very well be a story reason why V can't get cyberpsychosis, and CDPR doesn't want to tip their hand as a reason why it's not implemented on V in the game.

Well the OP wanted to implement cyberpsychosis on V because being immune to it would be not be "lore friendly" according to him/her. I just think that you can not implement cyberpsychosis on V and still be lore friendly. I don't consider it a standard game mechanic, because it's not standard in that other games do not have cyberpsychosis. Health bars in games are so ubiquitous that I do consider that a standard game mechanic.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. From my understanding cyberpsychosis is caused by cybermods. You wouldn't be able to tell precisely how many cybermods you could install before you become afflicted with cyberpsychosis. There has to be a point between a normal non-cyberpsychosis state (e.g. no cybermods installed), and a state of cyberpsychosis (after X cybermods installed). The part that I have a problem with is I can't think of a lore friendly way that some individual would know what number X is because everyone's susceptibility to cyberpsychosis varies widely.

Also, there could very well be a story reason why V can't get cyberpsychosis, and CDPR doesn't want to tip their hand as a reason why it's not implemented on V in the game.

Its a standard game mechanic in that tons of games of mechanics in which whatever it may be called, limits you from installing to much of (thing) because of (factor) in order so the player can not break game/become op etc etc

it very much is a standard/common mechanic.

Not forcibly. What you describe is the last state of cyberpsychosis.

Because V might be wanting to be able to talk his way out of things sometimes.

Cyberpsychosis is lore-unfriendly and self contradicts its own lore, because there are people walking around in the game lore with full body conversions that do not have Cyberpsychosis. This is unbreakable evidence that shows that there is no guarantee that Cyberware must automatically cause any form of psychosis in an individual with a normal state of mind.
This is why I think that Both Cyberpsychosis should be removed AND that V should also be able to modify themselves above and beyond even a full body conversion, and not be limited or face any consequences, unless they themselves choose that they want to role-play that psychosis.

How could a player roleplay cyberpsychosis? Choose all of the least social, meanest, angriest, most detached dialogue choices and choose to do very violent and irrational things constantly throughout the game. They can even roleplay various different levels of cyberpsychosis if they so choose, but this roleplay is completely dependent on the players actions, not some silly limiter or meter that suddenly punishes the player, or an inability to get more CyberWare.

But what about how Cyberpsychos meet their end? How can this be roleplayed by the player without anything being built into the game regarding cyberpsychosis? Well... The trailer shows this!

"Because V might be wanting to be able to talk his way out of things sometimes."
>Oh, you know, I have lots of Cyberware, so you know, I can't express myself and use words anymore... for no reason... :confused: :think:

Last edited:
Cyberpsychosis is lore-unfriendly and self contradicts its own lore, because there are people walking around in the game lore with full body conversions that do not have Cyberpsychosis. This is unbreakable evidence that shows that there is no guarantee that Cyberware must automatically cause any form of psychosis in an individual with a normal state of mind.
Nope.
It's just that each people humanity score is different, and humanity loss due to cyberware are random, and having full body conversion and staying "sane" is like winning at Russian Roulette while pulling consecutively the trigger 5 times.

>Oh, you know, I have lots of Cyberware, so you know, I can't express myself and use words anymore... for no reason... :confused: :think:

If you knew about Asperger Syndrome, you would know how being unable to instinctively understand people would makes you socially awkward, even if you try to understand them intellectually instead.

Last edited:
Nope.
It's just that each people humanity score is different, and humanity loss due to cyberware are random, and having full body conversion and staying "sane" is like winning at Russian Roulette while pulling consecutively the trigger 5 times.

If you knew about Asperger Syndrome, you would know how being unable to instinctively understand people would makes you socially awkward, even if you try to understand them intellectually instead.
Know about it? I have family members with it. I have it. In fact I probably have more than one kind. I don't have autism. I have 2 + types of autism at least.
So yes. I do know what it's like, and I think it would be incredibly silly for Cyberware to induce autism in someone who previously didn't have it. It's like "hey I have a robot arm, so now I like trains, sonic the hedgehog, and I also don't understand social cues all the time anymore" (and yes I actually like those things) It makes no sense at all that Cyberpsychosis and anything autism or aspergers related or anything otherwise should be connected somehow. absolutely no sense. It's one thing to grow up being instinctively able to understand people, and a completely different thing having grown up being instinctively unable to understand people and have gone through the effort of training yourself, and working hard to learn how to understand people better than they understand themselves. I wasn't born, I was built.

Last edited:
Know about it? I have family members with it. I have it. In fact I probably have more than one kind. I don't have autism. I have 2 + types of autism at least.
So yes. I do know what it's like, and I think it would be incredibly silly for Cyberware to induce autism in someone who previously didn't have it. It's like "hey I have a robot arm, so now I like trains, sonic the hedgehog, and I also don't understand social cues all the time anymore" (and yes I actually like those things) It makes no sense at all that Cyberpsychosis and anything autism or aspergers related or anything otherwise should be connected somehow. absolutely no sense. It's one thing to grow up being instinctively able to understand people, and a completely different thing having grown up being instinctively unable to understand people and have gone through the effort of training yourself, and working hard to learn how to understand people better than they understand themselves. I wasn't born, I was built.
Well, that's exactly how cyberware works in the Cyberpunk 2020 universe: the more Cyberware you have, the less you are able to think as other humans and to understand them, making you socially awkward to other humans.

You may find it illogical, but that's just how it works, just the same as any other kind of sci-fi magic from that universe.

Well, that's exactly how cyberware works in the Cyberpunk 2020 universe: the more Cyberware you have, the less you are able to think as other humans and to understand them, making you socially awkward to other humans.

You may find it illogical, but that's just how it works, just the same as any other kind of sci-fi magic from that universe.
I'm just not feeling or believing in these limitations or rules. I have no reason to, and no ideas why I should think that it works that way, no emotional investment, nothing. In order for a game or its lore to sell me an idea and a feeling of magic, it must be convincing. Currently, I am completely not convinced of the idea of Cyberpsychosis at all, and just saying "it just works this way" isn't really any more reason for me to accept that. If someone can provide a really really good argument with solid evidence as to why I could or should actually begin to believe that cyberware somehow makes someone less social, and then eventually go full cyberpsychosis, just like that, then maybe I would think about it and consider it.

But so far, I have never, not once heard a single reason why someone having a robot arm (CONSENSUALLY) should automatically begin to have cyberpsychosis. I could fully understand if cyberpsychosis happened to someone was was modified against their will and consent, 100% fully understand, but for someone who willingly chose to, and were happy to be modified or modify themselves, I can not accept that they will just magically automatically being to have cyberpsychosis.

It's just like someone walks up to me and says if I eat a potato that I will get potatopsychosis, and I ask them "okay why?" and they wont tell me why, and I just know it's fake. I am beyond the level of disbelief, and currently as a result of the lack of evidence am not unwilling, but actually incapable to hanging on to even a tiny shred of respect for the fully unsupported idea, no matter how hard I try to entertain it as a concept. I am willing to be convinced, but so far I have never heard a good argument that supports it, let alone even proves that it's even real in the first place.

All I see it as, is a very easy excuse to not let me modify my character to the extent that I actually wish to modify them to, under the false pretense that they are guaranteed to lose their minds for no reason, when clearly, other characters are completely fine and have full body conversions.

If anything, I think it's highly possible that Cyberpsychosis is actually a fake made up concept WITHIN the game lore, used by Mega-Corporations as a conspiracy to silence and do away with people they want to get rid of. THAT would be extremely fascinating because there is more evidence to support that Cyberpsychosis is clearly fake, and there are clear motives as to why the definition would be created by important figures (I mean NPCS inside Cyberpunk2077) Basically the bad guys say "Hey! That person has cyberpsychosis!" and basically get rid of anyone they want. (Basically a conspiracy theory inside of the game that the enemies use to just make good guys disappear. This very well fits the Cyberpunk2077 theme and lore too, because well, conspiracy theories. KEEP IN MIND, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT CDPR! I'M TALKING ABOUT INSIDE THE GAME just in case I'm misunderstood :))

That's what I think, Honest opinion.

Again, all I asked for in the original post, is that they implement Cyberpsychosis as an optional difficulty modifier (think something akin to "Survival Mode" or "Hardcore Mode" checkboxes) so that, when enabled, you would have to consider the amount of humanity cost associated with each and every piece of cyberware you're installing.

Go over the threshold and it'd be an additional and optional game over state ("You have succumbed to cyberpsychosis" -> "Reload from last save").

A fully fleshed-out cyberpsychosis (with all its implications and consequences) beyond the here proposed optional limiting gameplay mechanic, to just make it a bit more challenging and immersive if you want to, is NOT what I'm asking for.

Again, all I asked for in the original post, is that they implement Cyberpsychosis as an optional difficulty modifier (think something akin to "Survival Mode" or "Hardcore Mode" checkboxes) so that, when enabled, you would have to consider the amount of humanity cost associated with each and every piece of cyberware you're installing.

Go over the threshold and it'd be an additional and optional game over state ("You have succumbed to cyberpsychosis" -> "Reload from last save").

A fully fleshed-out cyberpsychosis (with all its implications and consequences) beyond the here proposed optional limiting gameplay mechanic, to just make it a bit more challenging and immersive if you want to, is NOT what I'm asking for.

Please explain how that is any different from limiting you from going 1 point over.

Because the way I see it, its exactly the same thing

All it does is remove the pointless "game over" screen waste of time.

letting you go over - "oh sorry gamer over, you went cyber psycho!" -leads to confusion

no letting you - "sorry this would make you go cyber psycho, you cant install it" - is easily understanable.

this is the difference you describe. There is no difference in difficulty or immersion.

either way you still have to consider the cost of what you install.

So again, to make your argument, I would like you to explain how cdpr putting up a "game over" screen instead of " sorry you cant install more" is different, except for confusing for more players.

Last edited:
Here's what you do if you want something like this: Take out a piece of paper and write down the arbitrary amount of cybermod points you think V should have available, and write down each cyberware and it's associated cost. Now when you install cyberware, check to see if the sum of the costs go over your arbitrary value. If it does then don't install it or reload last save or whatever.

There already exists a limit on which cyberware you can install based on which body parts you have modified. If you want more restrictions than this, then implement it yourself just as you would do in other games. Lots of single-player games have some sort of ability or combination of effects (yes, Witcher 3 had them too) that are op, so to make the game more challenging, just don't use that or mod abilities to rebalance it. I don't understand why it's such a big deal. I get that balance is critically important in multiplayer games because this is dictated for you, but you have complete control in a single-player game.

Top Bottom