Making custom follower NPC and some insight into the process

+
Hey skacikpl, thank you for the great tutorial!

I have a question - how can I choose dofferent colors for my companion's clothes?

Guest 2364765

Hey skacikpl, thank you for the great tutorial!

I have a question - how can I choose dofferent colors for my companion's clothes?

Engine supports swapping colors via color masking, however @Sarcen mod editor doesn't support that functionality very well so there's no way to reliably swap colors. Only "viable" solution would be to rip the texture, color it as you want and use non-color masked material so it would be presented "as is".

Engine supports swapping colors via color masking, however @Sarcen mod editor doesn't support that functionality very well so there's no way to reliably swap colors. Only "viable" solution would be to rip the texture, color it as you want and use non-color masked material so it would be presented "as is".
Thanks for the reply!

Could you, please, still tell me where the color mask data is stored? I would like to experiment with it. I suppose it should be somewhere in the character's w2ent file?

Guest 2364765

Thanks for the reply!

Could you, please, still tell me where the color mask data is stored? I would like to experiment with it. I suppose it should be somewhere in the character's w2ent file?
Yes it's in the w2ent of each appearance item, however most of the time mod editor won't pick it up (unknown bytes) and even if it will, changes don't seem to apply so the support for this particular feature is just not there.

Hi skacikpl, i want to thank you for all the time and effort you put in modding the game and sharing with us !
Your work is impressive !!
I am currently working on a custom sword mod but i'm struggling with textures and materials.
I also want to add extra features for that sword but with no documentation scripting is very difficult !

So i request your help.

Top Bottom