[MOD] Super Turbo Lighting Mod

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Essenthy,

I know that it's your vision, but I have only one question - is it possible to receive something between your screenshots and screenshot from E3 in aspect of shadows on the foliage? (above comparison screenshots). In your former mod version 1.0.4 foliage looks very pretty - the green colours are just fantastic. Will it be in the new version?

beside that, everything looks stunning. I know how many work it cost.

It's too bad we can't change the texture of the grass
We can though. I managed it:

---------- Updated at 03:49 PM ----------

bright shadows dosnt mean GI, the lighting system is more or less the same in vanilla and the old build, its just different settings art direction and color grading

and if you actually bothered to buy the game ( instead of shitting on it all day ) and play it you would have noticed that light pollution does work on shadowed area even in vanilla

I know that bright shadow doesn't everytime means GI. There is tons of method for mimic GI. I do not know what you mean with 'light pollution'. My English is not perfect. If you mean bright shadows you are right. But if you mean color projection from 1 object onto another under indirect light I do not see any of that in vanilla. What I see is black indirect light. Do not know exact global name of that method but I can get this kind of indirect lite in UE4 when I use Sky light. It mimics GI and the dark areas which is not lit directly, uses sky color for indirect light. Because of that for example we can't see green shadows under trees but instead of that the shadow with sky color. Exact same method I see in vanilla and with other mods. But in demo it was totally different like we can see that shadows under tree is not bright only but shadow color is green like how it must be when GI is enabled.

Do not be aggressive. For me buying the game means supporting the company. Playing the game without buy is work of bastard. I am not doing any of that so I will buy this game when I thing that everything is ok and I must not play full game again and again because of changing every little thing. I can play game totally from beginning if I like little change there. I am this kind of man. It is totally ok if you thing I am crazy.

While messing around with it, I doubles the texture resolution, and added a large amount of sharpening to give the illusion of a higher quality texture. It looked good, but it's no substitute for an actual high resolution texture.

Can you post a screen just to let us see how it feels??? Please! :)

While messing around with it, I doubles the texture resolution, and added a large amount of sharpening to give the illusion of a higher quality texture. It looked good, but it's no substitute for an actual high resolution texture.

But I guess you can't change how the lighting works on the grass.

Don't do anything like that. It won't improve ANYTHING, it will only eat a lot of VRAM. Leave the textures in the original size. After editing make sure that you've saved them as DXT1 1bit alpha (in situation when the alpha channel is simple shape, when the alpha has gradients etc - save them as DXT3 explicit alpha) and of course with generation of mip maps.

Maybe I could help with this, after the release of STLM's new version. Some grass textures are over saturated and they could have better color hue (in my opinion...).

Last edited:
Essenthy,

I know that it's your vision, but I have only one question - is it possible to receive something between your screenshots and screenshot from E3 in aspect of shadows on the foliage? (above comparison screenshots). In your former mod version 1.0.4 foliage looks very pretty - the green colours are just fantastic. Will it be in the new version?

beside that, everything looks stunning. I know how many work it cost.

foliage lighting was broken in the previous version, but the colors where more or less right, so am trying to achieve those colors while making the lighting work properly on them

No problem, essenthy. You have really nice feeling of overall scene, lighting, shadowing etc. It's very rare nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom