[MOD] Super Turbo Lighting Mod

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) you're not supposed to have the camera up to the sun when playing normaly, unless you intentionally look it, its an another issue that i left out and didnt have the time fix

2) you're skellige look broken with no fog, i used Asmodean lighting and they look nothing like that

---------- Updated at 08:03 AM ----------

yes i increased DOF slightly, you can disable it in the options

I'm not sure why you did this though ? Do you think it looks better ? This makes Geralt short-sighted ;) I deactivated it myself. No need for a DOF with your mod, but I would love to see it reduced. Your call obviously, just seems everyone hates it ;)

I like DoF but I do think its a bit much. Toned down to vanilla levels would be my preference.

Essenthy, you mentioned you forgot to remove some quen edits you did. Don't forget to remove it if you're uploading a new version with the skin fix. Just a reminder.

DOF is very good in Kaer Morhan, excellent in White orchard and Velen
-but in Skelige is just no good, Close Mountains are to much blured -while islands in distance are sharp.

I'm not sure why you did this though ? Do you think it looks better ? This makes Geralt short-sighted ;) I deactivated it myself. No need for a DOF with your mod, but I would love to see it reduced. Your call obviously, just seems everyone hates it ;)
I don't hate it. Looks good and is closer to real life.

I don't hate it. Looks good and is closer to real life.

If you're short sighted, if you see well, it surely doesn't look blurry even 10 km away, and if the game with that much DOF looks like real life to you, friendly advice : go see an eye doctor, he has something for you :p
Anyway, nothing to argue there, it's a matter of taste. I've seen so many complaints about it I assumed a majority didn't like it, but I may be wrong. We just turn it off, end of story.

When you focus on close objects, far off objects naturally appear blurry. (Unless you have bionic eyes and can focus on multiple distances at once.)

When you focus on close objects, far off objects naturally appear blurry. (Unless you have bionic eyes and can focus on multiple distances at once.)
Yes, but just like when you're outside, your eyes also focus on what you're looking on the screen, making additional dof not really needed. As mentioned multiple times in the thread already, it's optional and everyone who doesn't really like it can disable it (me included).

Remember, this is not a mod made by the community that complies with every single one of our requirements and wishes, this is essenthy's mod and it's made to reflect his personal preferences and his vision of how the game should look like.

I don't know if it is a bug, a corrupt save or else, but i got an lil issue where the fog go crazy and keep staking up till you can't see at 2m or enter a cutscene
(was using Asmodean World env, and i kept LodandFX waiting for a fix to the neckline)

Anyway, impressive work, still got room to improvement tho, like, the changing weather during cutscene (seems to clear up almost each time during CS and so you get suddendly much more reddish tones)

I literally shouted : "My God!", when I saw this for the first time:

@essenthy, I cannot thank you enough for the amazing work you did and all the hours you invested to achieve this truely amazing result.
So, thank you very much for this early Christmas present and I hope you'll find some other interesting topics for potential future projects ;)

Attachments

• STLM2_3.jpg
    STLM2_3.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 83
I don't know if it is a bug, a corrupt save or else, but i got an lil issue where the fog go crazy and keep staking up till you can't see at 2m or enter a cutscene
(was using Asmodean World env, and i kept LodandFX waiting for a fix to the neckline)

Anyway, impressive work, still got room to improvement tho, like, the changing weather during cutscene (seems to clear up almost each time during CS and so you get suddendly much more reddish tones)

you seems to have conflicting mods, i never encountered or heard any of these issues

---------- Updated at 05:18 PM ----------

I literally shouted : "My God!", when I saw this for the first time:

@essenthy, I cannot thank you enough for the amazing work you did and all the hours you invested to achieve this truely amazing result.
So, thank you very much for this early Christmas present and I hope you'll find some other interesting topics for potential future projects ;)

you're welcome !

you seems to have conflicting mods, i never encountered or heard any of these issues
Nice, i can claim royalties for discovering something xD
I'll try to test it further, maybe it's because i rarely restart the game (just alt-tab it) and never fast travel that cause that i keep the swamp fog in the middle of novigrad..

for the people asking if works with older version yeah it works im playing it with ver 1.08 and no problems (i also have the dark nighs mod and everything is fine )

Fog and shadows

@essenthy
I love your mod 2.0 but fog HAS to be reduced. We have some moments where the environment becomes completely orange or blue during the day.

Fog has to be reduced in Velen and Skellige.
Tell me if this is consistent with your visual on your computer. I am running everything on ultra in 2560x1440 with Gamma at minimum. Was your mod only tested in 1080p or should it not change anything?
Let me know if this is normal and if not how to fix it pls. Will you modify the fog values? because sometimes the shadows and fog combination makes the game very washed out.

View attachment 28306
Here shadows and trees are completely orange and sky (location skellige whale graveyard)
View attachment 28307
same as above
View attachment 28308
washed out blue across the pontar (oxenfurt harbor)

Let me know if this is normal (i remember 1.4 having a lot more fog reduction) if yes, will you tweak it? If not how can I decrease the fog?

Appart from that the mod is amazing.

Thank you sensei

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-12-15 18-34-39-96.jpg
    witcher3 2015-12-15 18-34-39-96.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 70
  • witcher3 2015-12-15 18-34-53-24.jpg
    witcher3 2015-12-15 18-34-53-24.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 82
  • witcher3 2015-12-15 18-38-10-44.jpg
    witcher3 2015-12-15 18-38-10-44.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 105