More accessible rank 21

+
Rank 21?

Man i cant imagine how hard it is for people to reach 4300 mmr from 3900, i've been playing 3 days now and im going back and forth from 3900mmr, it feels like im not making any progress, why did they make GM so hard to reach, i mean im not a bad player but certainly i lose more mmr than i gain per match

Yeah, same here. :)

I made three roundtrips between 3950 and 4150 with three different decks, often without even much of a break in the direction (meaning having series of about 10 matches winning the vast majority following by a similar streak in the opposite direction). I've already given up on Rank 21 yesterday, was aiming for 4200 instead, but that's not gonna happen either.

Sometimes you just get hit by a bad series of draws, blue coin, or horrible matchups. My stubborn refusal to run the most broken decks of the patch or any kind of spy abuse probably also doesn't help. (that, and being a mediocre player :))

Last edited:
Try to go for win streaks instead of exchanging wins and losses. I mean 5-2 is better than 2-1-2-1-1. More importantly, play against the field, i.e. tech vs most prevalent decks. Then it won't feel as gruesome. I hope others will add if I forget anything. Good luck.

AleXiC94;n10960694 said:
Man i cant imagine how hard it is for people to reach 4300 mmr from 3900, i've been playing 3 days now and im going back and forth from 3900mmr, it feels like im not making any progress, why did they make GM so hard to reach, i mean im not a bad player but certainly i lose more mmr than i gain per match
it used to be hard to even get to 20... right now you can sneak into 20 on 50% winrate (at R19)... to hit 21 requires either being on the very front of the new season wave at that winrate, or having a more general winrate approaching 60% (probably ~55%+ at R20).

I thought I might sneak into GM on my current winrate with the midseason changes.... and was literally a game away from it at worst, and a single card away from it at best, multiple times

AleXiC94;n10960694 said:

Play better and / or play a better deck. There're hundreds of GMs already, and most of them didn't get there by grinding more than you.

Top Bottom