More concerns regarding tempo plays and coin toss meta...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
More concerns regarding tempo plays and coin toss meta...

This is a x-post from Northern Realms Tactician's Corner:
Besides these cards, NR lack tempo plays:

1. Henselt; limited to a single leader. Most builds are too easy to shut down.
2. Hubert; too easy to shut down a single card, also limited to Foltest. In fact, shares power with Foltest in that case; weak. Hubert's power is just borrowed from somewhere else... it's basically a 7 point silver card...
3. Dijkstra; too unreliable round 1.
4. Natalis; insufficient point value.

By tempo, I mean a single card which can be played and chained for 25-35 points in value, round 1.

This does not include cards like Iris, since she requires 5 units already on the board.

This does not include removals either, since they require the opponent to play points.

Neutral cards are fine, except removals, as long as they synergize with NR decks.

NR has some end-game potential, but lacks any sort of tempo, unless the opponent plays cards.

Even if they do play cards, the most you can hope for is what; Natalis into some machine? lulz.

I mean seriously, if it were up to me, I'd just remove all such tempo from the game, or balance it out. It just doesn't feel right.

Having to play 1-2 cards down because decks lack counters to 25-35 point swings in round 1 is just awkward...

Last edited:
Making duplicate threads is not allowed. If you want to make a suggestion, please create a new thread focused on just that topic and give an actual solution instead of just rehashing the problem. Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom