Most REDmod mods work just fine without REDmod installed?

+
For the mod users that are having difficulties with REDmod or don't understand it: I found that unpacking a REDmod mod and placing the .archive part in the old ..\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\mod\ folder, works just fine. At least, when there is only an .archive file in it. Some REDmod mods have more then an .archive alone (or not al all).

I tried REDmod as mod user but I both don't really understand it and I can't get it to work. So I uninstalled REDmod and everything that came with it.
Two days ago I found a mod on NexusMods that looked interesting (it removes blurs from the transparant plastic curtains). That mod also needs a base mod that loads new materials and textures. Both of them are in REDmod format.
Out of curiosity, downloaded both the ZIP files, browsed to their .archive files and placed those two in the old ..\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\mod\ folder and it works great. No "deployment" or whatever, no running of GOG Galaxy or whatever: I run cyberpunk2077.exe directly and it all works.
Tried it with multiple REDmod mods with .archive files and they all work.

So now I'm really wondering why they say that the new format must be placed in the new mods folder and that REDmod must be installed and that they must be deployed and so on?
It can be that the uninstall of REDmod left something behind and as such, it works. But this way beats the whole REDmod thing 10 times over :)

To be fair as an user of old mods and Red Mods , i'm glad to see Red Mods :)

Keep in mind , what ensure Red Mods
1) the pssibility to play with mods or not , its a safety mesure for players who want to discover Mods with less issues when a Mods can make conflict .

imagine you DL a redmod or scripts R6 , you launch the game , Red Mod Launcher , check integrity / conflict , before Red Mod player using olds mods can see if there's any conflict , you'll have issues when playing and it'll be to late when bugs / crash come .. player mostly do hard clean , integrity check , or many others stuff .

the safety of Red Mod , let at least player to n'joy the game even there's a mod broken , and he only focus on folder " Red Mod folder "

2) Red Mods , can ensure Modders normalize their workflow to work with Red Mods
how many times , with olds system , to check on forum nexus Mods to check compatibility .Oo.. or the long list of mandatory mods to run one Mod xD : not having proper workflow , that can done only on this way .. imagine the hard works for Modders ..Oo

3) Mostly all Major contributors Modders changing their mods to Red Mods system , but there's few thing for now they use olds system

Just a simple question: Exist any list of redmod mods for Cyberpunk? ... started playing with it today and trying to stay on "safe side" using only mods which are installed into /mods folder using redmod. So far only "NPCs Gone Wild" installed.

Just a simple question: Exist any list of redmod mods for Cyberpunk? ... started playing with it today and trying to stay on "safe side" using only mods which are installed into /mods folder using redmod. So far only "NPCs Gone Wild" installed.

on nexus Mods , looking at Red Mod "tag" on search filter

( always use manuel Download )
( for safety mesure , always create a folder " extract mod" , extract the zip on it
- to check the file
- avoid mistake from modders with wrong packing an extract on wrong folder , usually for install they we need just to move the zip on Cybperpunk folder and extract , but i prefer copy the proper folder Mods the files extracted

why sometime there's conflict / issues on mods , modders request the same asset/event in game :
- 2 mods for body can't be running at same time
- some few mods overwrite info , so we need to set order

atm running those mods for character

a / red mods
- NPC gone wild ( only sex worker ) , the global is a bit too much xD , broken immersion
- Cyberpunk Vanilla Tone UV , iimprovement for color skin
- UV Redmod , a framework mod that let changing character creation impact only for V ( need to pick on gender V )

b/ old Mods
- KS- 4K body abs , a complexion for body
- Microdetails , utility for compexlion
- Face of Night City , all complexion for face
- Johnson.WIMDY , add some few physic on Hair
- 4k complexion for nibbles , avoid clipping with some few cloth
- JigglePhysicLittle , add some physic for breast

photomode_27102022_223315.png
photomode_26102022_204138.png

using other mods tagged "saving life " like as FasterVehiculeKnockNack ( more risky , that need cyberteawk , cmd , redtext4 to work and not conflict with red mod )

when it come matters about mods , its all about player can manage issues when there's conflict or the mod is broken/bugged .
- how to uninstall
-how to delete file , cache , repair

i hope Modders , looking at
- make mandatoty file more friendly
- list on what their mods 're compatible or not , or any conflict mod
- list how really their mods works

Mostly the community modders , mooving on the right direction , now more and more i see they make their mods friendly with cleaver description ( how to use , how to numbering for example ,..details info ..)

since 1.6 , there's a flow , its seems more modders working together , more compabibilty , mooving on same utility , framework ..

NPCs Gone wild are fun :)

hehe.jpg
Post automatically merged:

Plus I found and use now mod which allows edit tattos too on riperdocks, nice feature.
Tatoos.jpg

And testing how it works when I removed some mods, that UV mods package had one colour skin on right hand wrong so I removed these folders and all is ok now ... I definitelly like safety of use redmods variants. I also play only in FullHD ...
tatoo2.jpg

Filtering on nexus mods using tag is nice too, just click on tag and it will filter mods ... so far it lists 111 redmod mods to chose from.

Last edited:
REDmod does a few things that make it easier for mod-users to run heavily modded installations:

1. It loads REDmods using a redundant executable so if the game gets patched, it won't break half of your scripts and cause scripting frameworks like CET and RED4ext to flatline on launch. When the game updates, you can just switch executables and swap back when your scripts get updated.

2. It functions as a staging area for deploying mods and handles load ordering more elegantly. You don't need to manually put your archives in alphanumerical order for them to load correctly when using multiple framework mods. This is a scale problem in the sense that its not a big deal if you don't use frameworks and don't have a lot of archives. It becomes impossible to manage when you have 10 framework dependencies and hundreds of archives.

REDmod is also a suite of tools that allow mod-creators to compile tweaks (database extensions), redscripts and import assets we previously couldn't before like anims. Or they allow us to import assets that previously were messy and time consuming to do, like audio (hence the sudden proliferation of audio mods). This does not affect mod-users.

For mod-users it is a staging area for loading mods that becomes more relevant as more mods are packaged as REDmods and as you start to manage increasingly large and complicated mod installations with many dependencies. It is in its infancy right now, so most mod-users will be running mod installations that are a mix of manual installs, REDmods and sometimes vortex deployed mods so there is much interchangeability.

But yes, if a mod-creator modifies an asset, they will import it to REDEngine archive and the game will load the archive. This will not change in REDmod so you can do things like take the archives out of /Cyberpunk 2077/mods/ and place them in /Cyberpunk 2077/archive/pc/mod/.

Doing this means the archive will always load when you start Cyberpunk.exe and the goal is to establish a platform where a user can easily switch between modded and non-modded installations for ease of use and troubleshooting. And if your mod installation breaks due to game updates and you flatline on launch/loading game state/character creation/whatever, you have a very simple way of starting the game without knowing how all your mods are installed, what files they put where and which ones you need to update or delete if you just want to play, even without mods.

Last edited:
Well if you're on GOG and are having trouble with getting RedMods to work consider exiting the game and checking if you've enabled mods in settings because that option disappears once the game starts running instead of greying out so you wouldn't be able to tell it's even there. I only recent found out this tick box was a thing as I haven't really had to look at this page since RedMod came out and haven't been using any RedMods until I had to download ModSettings. Oh and don't forget to close and reopen the settings dialogue once you quit the game or it won't reappear.
mod setting.png
mod setting2.png
mod setting3.png

Last edited:
I think you should think about as another tool you can use to make your modding experience better.
It allows for managing load order and now the Vortex plugin supports it so in essence you install the DLC on steam/gog and you don't need to bother with anything really just use Vortex.
I would say the reasons to use it:
- It's maintained properly by CDPR so you can expect it to work out of the box with every update.
- You can play without mods with 1 click if something breaks
- Load order
- Doesn't affect CET etc. because they play along nicely
- Has a cool name :D
- REDmod sound mods for example only work with REDmod which you can do with CET etc but it is much cleaner this way.

So all in all, it's a tool and you have to decide for yourself how you utilize it :)

I use REDmods by preference...they don't depend on, er, dependencies and can easily be switched off on REDLauncher if neccesary. There's really no trick to using it...just extract or drag'n'drop the mod folder into the Mods folder in your game folder...easy peasy. I wish _every_ .archive mod was set up as a REDmod, rather than trying to reverse-engineer REDmod mods for the old style mod folder.

Top Bottom