Motorcycle Speed Boost Mod?

+
Is there a mod that boosts the speed of motorcycles in the game? Or more specifically is there a mod that is an acceleration boost when a button is pressed like a NoS kit or a turbo? I can't understand why they made the motorbikes so much slower than any of the better vehicles in the game. If something like that existed though where one could get an immediate boost of acceleration that would make the use of motorbikes a lot more fun.

"MOTORCYCLE SPEED BOOST MOD?"

This one provides the .inis of the vehicles. You can fiddle around with them as you see fit.

Also this one...

Fuuuck dude this is how this should have been with the original vehicles I watched the video for the mod and it look a LOT more fun than the normal speeds.

The former ^ allows one to modify vehicle physics via the text files.
That is how I made my Caliburn.

And, yeah, it should have been like that from the start. Way more fun.

Last edited:
Fuuuck dude this is how this should have been with the original vehicles I watched the video for the mod and it look a LOT more fun than the normal speeds.
I know, right? And the vanilla speeds are literally not the half of it. Those speeds indicated are in fact 2x the actual speed. So when doing 50 mph, your only doing 25. Can only surmise that was done to preserve something.

Last edited:
I know, right? And the vanilla speeds are literally not the half of it. Those speeds indicated are in fact 2x the actual speed. So when doing 50 mph, your only doing 25. Can only surmise that was done to preserve something.
Low FPS means low controllability of the vehicles. It must've played a role when deciding to present the speed as higher speed than it is.
Then, also NC is quite a small area. Driving slower through it does create the perception that it is bigger.

Don't forget the artificial limit of about '458'. The vehicles that hit it, get their speed zeroed. It's the only reason my Cali doesn't hit 3000+ on the ground.

The "Let there be Flight" mod seems to have been removing that cap and I had lots of fun with it.

This is how I wanted my Yaiba from the start.

Yeeehaaaw!
Post automatically merged:

@Bartinga2077 , I would only say it's shame you don't do it with the traffic on. A motorcycle should give quite interesting opportunities to actually get through the clogs. With my Cali, I've got to either play nice, or to push through when they really aren't nice.

Last edited:
Yeeehaaaw!
Post automatically merged:

@Bartinga2077 , I would only say it's shame you don't do it with the traffic on. A motorcycle should give quite interesting opportunities to actually get through the clogs. With my Cali, I've got to either play nice, or to push through when they really aren't nice.
Wouldn't possibly know how to reach even 200km/h with those gonks around. With that speed, the game doesn't need to spawn boobytraps, as traffic simply spawns "in" you.

Besides, I wanted to race against my current time set with the Brennan, but the timer didn't work. For that, you want to get rid of the traffic. Trust me.

Last edited:
Yeah, the shortest time is without obstacles.
Still, I like getting through the traffic. I disabled it once or twice, and returned it every time because it isn't as fun. And it only occurred now to me that with a motorcycle I wouldn't have many width issues that come with a Cali. In theory, I only need to copy-paste my Cali's physics to a motorcycle.

Or to Maimai, lolz. Maimai is the only car besides Caliburn that won my heart at first sight. But Dino is still my nr. 1 fixer for selling the thing.

What is your highway loop top time, tho? I am asking just in case I beat it with Cali, omg... not expecting to, but just saying! My Cali hits 456+ speed after all.
Also, there are many other loops that you folks could try.

Last edited:
Yeah, the shortest time is without obstacles.
Still, I like getting through the traffic. I disabled it once or twice, and returned it every time because it isn't as fun. And it only occurred now to me that with a motorcycle I wouldn't have many width issues that come with a Cali. In theory, I only need to copy-paste my Cali's physics to a motorcycle.

Or to Maimai, lolz. Maimai is the only car besides Caliburn that won my heart at first sight. But Dino is still my nr. 1 fixer for selling the thing.

What is your highway loop top time, tho? I am asking just in case I beat it with Cali, omg... not expecting to, but just saying! My Cali hits 456+ speed after all.
Also, there are many other loops that you folks could try.
The thing with the traffic is that it's based on the vanilla speed of 40 mph. So at all times it is twice as slow. Also on the highway.

There comes with, that despite it already been greatly optimized, quite often, cars still get stuck the moment they spawn, causing a horrific traffic congestion on that lane, or even the entire highway. Traffic also slows down to take bends, all the way to a meager 18 km/h, also on the highway. Can check it out below.

So, for those reasons, whenever I wanna race a little, the loveable Mayor of Night City, temporary closes off the highway for me.

What the REDS ought to do is make traffic that spawns on the highway stay on the highway, and to take on the vanilla speed of 80 mph and just hold that speed. By doing that, you'll create a way more realistic traffic flow. Then it's a lot more fun driving through it.

The MaiMai is a loveable car, yeah. Very easy to get through traffic.

My fastest lap time ever over the ring highway is 1:58.11 with the Brennan Apollo. Pretty sure you can beat it easy with your Cali.

Last edited:
The thing with the traffic is that it's based on the vanilla speed of 40 mph. So at all times it is twice as slow. Also on the highway.

There comes with, that despite it already been greatly optimized, quite often, cars still get stuck the moment they spawn, causing a horrific traffic congestion on that lane, or even the entire highway. Traffic also slows down to take bends, all the way to a meager 18 km/h, also on the highway. Can check it out below.
I've observed it for quite a while. At high speeds, it in fact doesn't matter whether other cars are moving really slowly or are actually standing. Everything looks stationary when you drive at 300+. Tho, a motorcycle should have a better chance of getting through that either way. You might need more fps to make it work, tho.

About car spawns, I noticed that the game removes the spawns that are impossible to avoid, so most of the time I push through and ignore those apparitions. That protection doesn't help with cars that are already there and congest the traffic.
The MaiMai is a loveable car, yeah. Very easy to get through traffic.
It's in the looks. When I saw it for the first time, I stopped on my stream to give it a hearts overload.
My fastest lap time ever over the ring highway is 1:58.11 with the Brennan Apollo. Pretty sure you can beat it easy with your Cali.
Ha! I wouldn't keep my hopes high. But I might try to copy my current Cali physics to a motorcycle (or Maimai) and see what happens.

About car spawns, I noticed that the game removes the spawns that are impossible to avoid, so most of the time I push through and ignore those apparitions. That protection doesn't help with cars that are already there and congest the traffic.
As long you don't check your flanks. because the moment you do...

Ha! I wouldn't keep my hopes high. But I might try to copy my current Cali physics to a motorcycle (or Maimai) and see what happens.
Haha, good luck.

Actually, a motorcycle can get you around faster than any other vehicle, if you drive them properly.
You can drive the motorcycle around the city at full speed, never letting off the accelerator; when you come to a corner, simply jam the thumbstick 90 degrees, directly in the direction you're trying to go, either right or left, and hit the front and rear brake at the same time; you will do a perfect 90 degree turn while maintaining most of your speed.

And I don't remember the motorcycles having a lower top speed at all, but I will say that I ride motorcycles in real life, and most of them do have lower top speeds, but higher acceleration than sports cars of similar quickness. For example, I owned a Kawasaki Z1000, which did 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, which is about a quick as you can go on two wheels, but it topped out at 145mph. This is because the engine only makes 125 horsepower, from a 4 cylinder engine, which is comparable to a top spec 1996 Honda Civic, by all accounts a slow car. The reason for this is because a motorcycle only weighs between 300-900 pounds, while cars weigh around 10X that much, which means that a motorcycle will be able to accelerate much quicker with less torque, but even at a light weight, the primary limiting factor concerning top speed is going to be horsepower.

Hello fellow CP2077 players,

I found this thread and wanted to contribute something I postet on YouTube yesterday.
Motorbikes feel much fast when increasing the FOV to around 70-80. The mod “better vehicle first person” works fine for that.
I combined this mod with another program to move my head freely while using my gamepad to drive. I works with webcams and the tobii eyetracker 5. And what can I say…it makes the bike riding experience so much more immersive.

I hope I am allowed to show you the results of the combo!?
if I am not please let me know or delete my post. Can you get closer to a VR Headset, without owning one?
Here’s what it looks like when you translate head movement into mouse moment:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I try to help you, if I can. I am not an expert, just figuring things out for myself.

Have nice day and stay awesome

greetings
Riley

Top Bottom