Mulligan and card order

+
Mulligan and card order

I play a SC mulligan/movement deck, and I understand that having a deck with five or six "mulligan"cards, it can be annoying for my opponents, who have to wait while I side scroll my cards looking for the right one. I try to be really quick about it, but I could save precious seconds if the cards, when mulliganing, were shown in the same order they are on hand. It is a very minor issue, and it doesn't bother me, but maybe it could be a bit fair for people on the receiving end?

I suspect this (also) has something to do with your cards being shown in a random order when viewed by your opponent, so they cannot guess what kind of cards you have based on the positioning of the cards.

4RM3D;n9730041 said:
I suspect this (also) has something to do with your cards being shown in a random order when viewed by your opponent, so they cannot guess what kind of cards you have based on the positioning of the cards.

Sorry, I think I have a malfunctioning brain today...but I just don't get it. Care to explain to a game mechanics-impaired person?

Spell cards are always shown on the left side of your hand and gold unit cards always shown on the right side of your hand. Now imagine the opponent plays the rightmost card from his hand and it's not a gold card, then you know the opponent no longer has any gold cards because those are always on the far right. To avoid this, your hand, your mulligan and your graveyard is randomly shuffled when viewed by your opponent. So the rightmost card in your hand appears in a different position for your opponent (e.g. the middle one).

Top Bottom