music during "never fade away"

+

Guest 4478408

im in the cyberspace for the mission "never fade away".
for at least 10 minutes now i listen to the same riff + 4/4 base drum. its a loop of maybe 15s. its rather borring, and its driving me nuts.

now, this game has had a stellar soundtrack so far. this makes me wonder: is this a bug? maybe an issue on my side? its just not fitting the quality of the rest of the game.
now. i am aware this kinda is nitpicking. but again. its so repetitive and so long its really annoying, it spoils this part of the game for me.

edit: never mind. something bugged out. loop persisted even after the scene ended. restart fixed it. gawd this was annoying. could not safe or restart to get out of it for 14 minutes. anyway. probably ignore this post then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the exact same problem. It was annoying as hell. Had to play the whole mission with the music loop and even when the mission ended, it was still playing. I tried fast travelling, starting other missions, nothing changed. Only reloading the game solved the problem.

Yeah this is a bug, real shame as it's such an important cinematic quest. When you get back into V, it's still playing...

Yeah this is a bug, real shame as it's such an important cinematic quest. When you get back into V, it's still playing...
At first I thought it was intentional cause this guitar rift is kind of suits the feeling you get when you fight arasaka and find out what happened.

At first I thought it was intentional cause this guitar rift is kind of suits the feeling you get when you fight arasaka and find out what happened.
Pretty sure it's only supposed to play in the beginning, but stop once you're in the elevator, where another track is taking over. Really weird. Didn't happen in my first playthrough, but popped up when I played it a second time.

I think this quest has several script errors where music keeps looping past the point where it is meant to stop. Also in my playthrough Rogue would keep saying her idle lines in the middle of dialogue.

This also happens in some other missions where there are timed dialogue prompts. For example, in Riders of the Storm when you get to the safe house, if you let the timed prompt almost expire (to let the characters finish what they are saying), some script trigger gets missed and they start piling lines on top of each other. It becomes an unintelligible mess.

Tastes are different. I exhibited the music for the whole game because I can hardly bear it and really every time a radio runs with this horrible noise. Culture is different....

Tastes are different. I exhibited the music for the whole game because I can hardly bear it and really every time a radio runs with this horrible noise. Culture is different....
It has nothing to do with taste. There is a 5-10 second guitar riff that just plays over and over and over again, even when you're out of the Johnny sequence. It continues even when you're trying to talk to Brigitte and to hear her you have to turn the music off in Settings.

It has to be a bug. One of many.

Like usual reload from save clears up the bug, but I had to put up with it for like 10 minutes longer than I should've once I realized it was bugged.

Same. This did not happen to me on the first two playthroughs but update 1.06 created this audio bug. another save+load fixes it but more bugs I guess.

It's sad to see how buggy this game is. Where it just pulls you out of the moment cause you are just thinking "is this part of the game or another bug"

Example:
Post automatically merged:

You can report this problem here, for example:

I mean if I play this game 2h, I would spend at least 1h just reporting all the different bugs I see or hear in this game. I love this game, but it's half baked in this state.

Reported so many already so I feel like it's useless until they have had time to fix the ones people have already reported. Just wait until they have rolled the two major patches in January and February and see if they still accrue.

Last edited:
Same issue. For the following scenes when you are V I just turned the music down to zero. Then reloaded the save file when I finally got the chance to save. Seems to be a 1.06 exclusive bug.

Had this bug as well. Played the whole mission with thinking CDPR really fucked up their audio design.

Turns out, they only fucked up debugging the game...

Top Bottom