My feedback on the game

+
My feedback on the game

First off a disclaimer that might not have been seen: according to a post by Marcin Momot in the news thread it seems as though this may have been a older version of the game. Therefore some of this feedback may no longer apply.

The purpose of the test is to check out the server infrastructure. Please pay no mind to the way the game is running - it was not our focus here.

Okay, so now to start off.

Personally, I liked playing the game currently. I found it a lot of fun and look forwards to Tuesday. But onto more detailed feedback:

On the coin toss: The coin toss as many have said can get annoying. But i found the most annoying feature of it to be that it would turn even if a foe has passed. it means that you have to take your turn, wait for the coin to flip to your opponant and then BACK to you. That was the bad part for me. Otherwise it's fine.

On card drawing each round:
Personally, I kinda like this feature, but I do admit I might only like it in this KTS event and can see it beccoming irritating in the full game where custom decks are a thing. Also, like others have said it does take away from classic gwent a bit.

HOWEVER, I'd like to take this oppotunity to say this is the kind of thing that being able to change rulesets can solve. You want card draw? You can have it. You want a more classic play of Gwent? it's yours. Alternativly, maybe seperate them both into two modes of play?

On Northern Realms deck:
I feel like most of Northern Realms deck issues can be solved by just adding a couple of clear weathers to the deck. Monsters biting frost is important to their play so NR needs a good counter to it.

On Graphics: Just a random thought of mine that I'm not sure how to program in, but prehaps for PC a Reccomended graphics option that tests your computer to see what it can run might be nice? I found myself fiddling way too much time trying to find out if my laptop could run low, medium or high.

On turn time and card effects:
On occasion I missed out entirely on a card's effect due to the timer. This as you can imagine is irritating. I'm not sure how to alter this to work with time limit though.

On Rulesets: As I said before, being able to customise rulesets would be a nice feature to add into the game. Now I am not 100% sure how to do this and make ure your opponant has the same rules, or you are matchmade with a opponant at all considering rules cna ve different for each person. But I think it a issue worth thinking over.

On card art, descriptions, and time to look at them: I love the card art and descriptions, and wish for a chance to just look at all of them. This will probably be added later with card collections, but I want it to be know I want to read the descrptions an maybe even hear the dialogues and stuff in my own time.

Last edited:

mjul

Forum veteran
I disliked the new draw mechanic. It made players be less careful with their initial hand and hoping to get good cards in the draw.

It also meant that to have an optimal play you would have to commit both your Wild Hunt Riders and your Witchers on Round 1, so as to avoid any dead cards in hand. And this has happened several times, both to me and to my opponent. Pretty soon I began automatically playing those cards on Round 1. What's the point of that? Where's the strategy?

I know that this was due to the decks being what they were. But the same would happen with any musters in your deck (though there are apparently less musters now, than before).

Agree with you on the coin. I'd even go one step further and make it less annoying alltogether: remove the flashy animations and simply make it turn.

The time limit I'd like to have somewhat higher. In The Witcher 3 Gwent always is a break time for me, best played for half an hour in a tavern after a day of adventures, with lots of time to read the cards and think about strategy and tactics. Here it's too fast paced for my taste.

As many others explained, I don't like the draw new cards every round mechanic. Just remove it.

The testing decks were not very well chosen in my opinion. Too many frost-resistant monsters against a too much infantry related Foltest. I hope this will not be an issue with self-made decks, but please take care that going monsters doesn't mean going frost bite and everyone else either HAS to rely on half a deck of clear weathers or avoid close combat alltogether.

Top Bottom