New meta is reveal?

+
New meta is reveal?

Is it just random coincidence or is the new meta reveal? That is literally all I played against in ranked today. I will admit when I am wrong and I was so wrong about greatswords running a muck with the patch and faction challenge. I had a deck teched for them and lost really bad. Oops! I am excited to see people bringing in some different stuff. I am at rank 19 so really didn't expect to see reveal at all! Maybe the changes they made will shake things up a lot more than I expected :)

Now to experiment with some new decks and maybe bring back old ones!

People are just experimenting. Faced a lot of reveal NG today too, but most of them were some kind of strange hybrids that were taken care of with ease.

Saw a lot of weather spam and sabbath decks too. Some spelltael now at night. Nothing seems very good to me.

Doubt Reveal Will become meta. It can dish a lot of damage, but inconsistency and lack of proper Removal don't really help. Plus In a Removal Heavy meta Reveal's only engine (Mangonel) is going ti suffer more than ever.

I predict the Number of Rev Decks will remain stabile or decline.

Last edited:
i think dorfs will be back, and i saw an alchemy deck with recruits and knights vomiting points .
reveal can be good only if you drop mandronels

Pruny;n10956782 said:
i think dorfs will be back, and i saw an alchemy deck with recruits and knights vomiting points .
reveal can be good only if you drop mandronels

You mean only if you don't use mangonels, or only if you get them to stay on the board? I think both variants are as good as they can get, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. And they both have about the same power.

Still seeing a lot of reveal today. Maybe with all of the new decks people are trying out, reveal players are trying to get a leg up by seeing what on Earth is in people's hands. ;) Saw my first greatswords today, however, it was a hybrid with axeman. Kicked my butt cause I didn't have my weather clear. I am not salty though cause I hadn't seen one like it before! I love unique decks.

jgolden234;n10957007 said:
Still seeing a lot of reveal today. Maybe with all of the new decks people are trying out, reveal players are trying to get a leg up by seeing what on Earth is in people's hands. ;) Saw my first greatswords today, however, it was a hybrid with axeman. Kicked my butt cause I didn't have my weather clear. I am not salty though cause I hadn't seen one like it before! I love unique decks.

Reveal is the first thing people try on every new patch. From Saovine, up until now, it ALWAYS enjoys a period of grace, usually one week at the beginning of the new patch, while people check to see if it's competent :p it's like this is the deck everyone wants to be competitive :p So far it has always turned out to be a false prophet. I saw 2 or 3 reveal decks yesterday, I only saw 1 today so far. I see an excessive amount of Sabbath Decks however.

Be aware that Reveal's period of grace may last slightly longer, since Scorch abuse can do wonders against Greatswords and Nekkers. We'll see, however.

Some clever sod has found a way to boost the silver vampire to 34 (drains boosts)
Yet people complain about ciri nova. By the way he hadn't even played that card. I just quit out of disgust.

Mr_Mugglez;n10957643 said:
Some clever sod has found a way to boost the silver vampire to 34 (drains boosts)
Yet people complain about ciri nova. By the way he hadn't even played that card. I just quit out of disgust.

Letho - Regis? that combo has been around for a long time now. It's not really reliable though and very much Telegraphed. There's a reason no one in the top uses it, and it has a bad winrate. I'ts really bad for short rounds, the problem is that there is no counterplay. The counterplay you get is passing the round when you see it instead (one more reason to push round 1 against Reveal I guess)

No sir! I was playing against NR. My opponent had "Hubert Rejk". He also had CA in R3 and boosted it to 34 (in hand) so I was screwed. Even with two cards of my own in hand it wasn't going to be enough to win. If his other card was scorch it would have been funny. But i'd already given up.
Fiar play though. Hadn't seen this deck before and it was my fault for making a mistake in R1.

Mr_Mugglez;n10958075 said:
No sir! I was playing against NR. My opponent had "Hubert Rejk". He also had CA in R3 and boosted it to 34 (in hand) so I was screwed. Even with two cards of my own in hand it wasn't going to be enough to win. If his other card was scorch it would have been funny. But i'd already given up.
Fiar play though. Hadn't seen this deck before and it was my fault for making a mistake in R1.

34 isn't even that high for that card.

I've seen it quite a few times in the past few months, especially since several bigger streamers like to play it once in a while.
So yeah, whenever you see a NR deck with ~40 cards you have to expect Hubert Rejk. Anyhow, let's get back on topic and back to Reveal :D

Top Bottom