Next patch rampant speculations

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, if hypothetically the patch and next gen was to be delayed. Would they have told us by now? I've always assumed that no news is typically good news with news like this.
I don't know if they tell us. You think they should? The patch probably will get delayed, however there's not really a deadline at this point. Me personally, I wouldn't mind if they also skip patch 1.5 because I think it would be ideal if both the first expansion and the patch are getting released on the same day.
At no point was either update intended to be a "complete remaster of the game". That's why it's an update, and not a re-release. That being said, it's also very likely that there will be improvements made across the board (...and, of course, brand new issues that crop up.)
Honestly I would love to see a re-release / remaster, but it's not what I'm expecting from the patch itself. However I wish it would come in some sort of package that leaves little room for "but what about etc". Maybe a short gameplay trailer for the expansion in case the patch and expansion won't get released on the same day, maybe the announcement of a DLC for cutscenes, i don't know...

cyberpunk-2077-gs_6158543.jpg

Fifth, CDPR has to make sure that the Update and the Patch is GOOD. They will release it when it's GOOD, not so they can stick it between or before the big releases. NOBODY will buy Cyberpunk anymore before making sure that the "new and improved" version of it is worth buying! That ship have sailed! If anything, I'd say that CDPR will wait until those big releases turn out to be underwhelming and not living up to expectations. Just like their own Cyberpunk did. Then they would release their redeeming Patch and Update and make themselves look better. I think that is way better of a theory than "they want to stealth-release the game and somehow make the gamers pay more".
Yeah, I agree. If they want to stage a come-back, mid-March would be the time to do it IN first quarter. I would bet they need to delay again though.
Horizon has PS5 locked down and Elden Ring is multiplatform. You can imagine the conversation easily. "Hey, man. I heard Cyberpunk got an update." His friend replies "What?". The conversation ends as they try to defeat a twenty armed dragon-man knight.

The way the spokesperson put it during last investors call seemed like CDPR will release the Update and the Patch and see what reception it gets.
Then they will decide what to do next. I think that the company is already looking at cancelling everything Cyberpunk related, as it won't make them any money, and moving to The Witcher 4 instead.

I am willing to believe that the first "big" expansion will be noticeably smaller than Heart of Stone for TW3. Reason: CDPR claims that gamers don't want to play long games. So the expansion will be shorter as well. Another reason: they don't want to spend lots of time, effort and money on it because they don't know how it will sell.

I am willing to believe that the second expansion will be cancelled no matter what.

The way the spokesperson put it during last investors call seemed like CDPR will release the Update and the Patch and see what reception it gets.
Then they will decide what to do next. I think that the company is already looking at cancelling everything Cyberpunk related, as it won't make them any money, and moving to The Witcher 4 instead.

I am willing to believe that the first "big" expansion will be noticeably smaller than Heart of Stone for TW3. Reason: CDPR claims that gamers don't want to play long games. So the expansion will be shorter as well. Another reason: they don't want to spend lots of time, effort and money on it because they don't know how it will sell.

I am willing to believe that the second expansion will be cancelled no matter what.
Yep.

8 million pre-orders though, amirite™?

Gamers will forget and line up for the next thing. Slick trailer, long cutscenes, "good enough" gameplay - another hit in the making. It will be like everything surrounding 2077 never happened, and they know it.

Its one of the best selling games ever. I know that it is selling very well at 30 euros on sales. 429.503 positive reviews on steam right now with all the bugs. Die hard fanbase. If the company do not continue to work on the game or release expansions ( that are much cheaper to produce) they have some kind of mental defect but these days I expect anything...
I don't want any more Witcher, Geralt's story is over.

The good old "positive reviews on Steam". There is no score range on Steam. You can only vote "good" and "bad" and nothing in-between. A score of 5/10 is in this case a "positive review". In the world of Tripple-A games a score 5/10 is a death sentence. But on Steam it's "positive review".

Brings to my mind tech "reviews" in online stores. "I just got it a minute ago, haven't turned it on yet but it looks amazing, positive review!!"

The game turns itself on? A positive review. The game didn't crash within first few hours? A positive review. Played only prologue? A positive review.

Its pointless to even talk about possibility of droping cyberpunk IP. CDP literally put tens of milions to promote and build up their second IP. It is their longterm plan to work in cyberpunk and witcher world so even if CP2077 was a mess - release was, but game isnt and it will be getting more and more positive rates - they will not abandon it. Franchise will expand - netflix, some online game, books etc and will bring in more people to CP2077 and their future games in a universe.

"My theory is that they don’t want to set a date weeks or a month in the future because they don’t want people running out to buy a much cheaper new or used last gen version that can then be upgraded to a current gen version instead of paying $60."
Make yourself a favor and stop reading these useless clickbait articles. Time can be spent in a much better way. ;)

Its pointless to even talk about possibility of droping cyberpunk IP. CDP literally put tens of milions to promote and build up their second IP. It is their longterm plan to work in cyberpunk and witcher world so even if CP2077 was a mess - release was, but game isnt and it will be getting more and more positive rates - they will not abandon it. Franchise will expand - netflix, some online game, books etc and will bring in more people to CP2077 and their future games in a universe.

The Netflix series is coming yeah. I'd be happier if they got I.G studio to do it but oh well.
1366_2000.jpg

Who said anything about dropping the IP? The only thing they would drop is this discombobulated game world. It's a single-player game. What's done is done.

The launch, deception surrounding console quality, and hiding PC footage behind restrictive review NDAs, was a black eye for sure. However; gamers don't have great recollection beyond memes and bullet points. It's bad enough that potential expansions are tainted, but not bad enough that a trailer for a shiny new game won't Jedi mind-trick the public. That's how it works for everyone else, and it could work for them. They know this and you should, too. Servicing this game ad infinitum would be honorable, if there's even anything they can do to improve it, but I still have my doubts about this title's staying power when the bulk of gameplay feels like little more than a testing ground for the always-online looter shooter coming down the road.

Everyone, including CDPR management it seems, feels that if 1.5 doesn't deliver a considerably better experience - This game is a wash.

I see your point,but i also see that most of those nunbers are people that bougth the game recently and a more less buggy than the ones that got it on launch...i am waiting for the patch off course,also becouse i work on mods for the game so i tend to play a lot.But i know a lot of people that are "droping" the game for new stuff.

I see your point,but i also see that most of those nunbers are people that bougth the game recently and a more less buggy than the ones that got it on launch...i am waiting for the patch off course,also becouse i work on mods for the game so i tend to play a lot.But i know a lot of people that are "droping" the game for new stuff.

Yeah, February and March are stacked with games. No matter how big this update is, it's not even comparable.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry if this has been brought up, but could we get an update at whatever this Goldman Sachs virtual conference thing is? It's February 23rd. Assuming it doesn't drop between now and then.

Last edited:
Yeah, February and March are stacked with games. No matter how big this update is, it's not even comparable.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry if this has been brought up, but could we get an update at whatever this Goldman Sachs virtual conference thing is? It's February 23rd. Assuming it doesn't drop between now and then.

1.5 drops just hours before conference call.

"As you can see, Mr. Bank Man, stories of development issues and prolonged 'bugs and glitches' have been greatly exaggerated. We... uhm, I.."
The CDPR attendees are dismayed and confused. This isn't footage they had arranged. Something must be wrong... It's LIVE. One misplaced character has sent them to a livestream of Internet Historian testing the new patch. The Goldman Sachs attendees struggle maintain their poker faces, but some are showing signs of utter disapproval as the demo screen is filled with Tposing NPCs; All featuring erect male genitalia, and the player character is welded to the seat of a Kusanagi CT-3X as it barrel rolls endlessly in the middle of Kabuki.

1.5 drops just hours before conference call.

"As you can see, Mr. Bank Man, stories of development issues and prolonged 'bugs and glitches' have been greatly exaggerated. We... uhm, I.."
The CDPR attendees are dismayed and confused. This isn't footage they had arranged. Something must be wrong... It's LIVE. One misplaced character has sent them to a livestream of Internet Historian testing the new patch. The Goldman Sachs attendees struggle maintain their poker faces, but some are showing signs of utter disapproval as the demo screen is filled with Tposing NPCs; All featuring erect male genitalia, and the player character is welded to the seat of a Kusanagi CT-3X as it barrel rolls endlessly in the middle of Kabuki.
WOooh, thats some epic fever dream there... "and then you look down and se your not wearing any pants and everybody starts the slowclap and you wake up...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom