NG+ level scaling?

+
NG+ level scaling?

What is all the fuss about this level scaling, ive read that if i do NG+ when i pass a certain level the enemies further toward the end become to higher level to try and defeat and some armour can not be worn because they pass level 100 but the cap is 100. Can anyone please clarify for me what level i should not pass and if these rumours are true. Thank you in advance.

I'm not quite sure where the limits are, but I've heard you may get problems, particularly with B&W content if you start an NG+ at levels above 50, and you're certain to get problems if you start at levels over 60. I have started my NG+ at level 53, which means that if levels scale linearly as in the first playthrough, Grandmaster Witcher gear will be available at level 93 or 94, so that shouldn't be a problem. As for everything else, I guess that means that all equipment that was above level 47 in the first playthrough will be unavailable in NG+. I do not recall any such equipment, so I guess I'll be ok.

As for the enemies, I haven't reached B&W yet in my NG+, but I think I can deal with the regulars on B&BB even if they're 5 levels above me, and if the bosses are too hard, I'll cheat. The B&W boss is OP and a cheat anyway.

All in all, I think you may be more or less OK if you start a NG+ at 55 or lower. You won't be able to use Aerondight and some other nice stuff, but that's minor IMO. Starting at L61 or higher will lock you out of Grandmaster Witcher gear and you'll have enemies 10 levels above you since you can't pass L100. I wouldn't recommend that.

If you *are* level 60 whens starting a NG+, if you're on PC you can try these mods (you will need both; I have not tested them):

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1702/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1748/?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this issue was fixed in a patch; enemies should be capped at 105 (so no skull enemies at level 100) and craftables at level 100.

I'm only level 60 in my NG+ game, so cannot speak from experience yet. I have however watched videos of someone starting NG+ at level 100, and even HoS enemies were no higher than 105.

Top Bottom