Nilfgaard After the Patch

+
Nilfgaard After the Patch

So, all the gold and bronze cards in my Nilfgaard deck are having their strength reduced. That basically means I can mill almost my whole deck for free. Tempting... Maybe now is a good time to try out another faction (not NR). What about you guys? Are you going to mill NG?

PS. NG isn't actually dead... yet. Regardless, those nerfs must make a lot of players happy that were complaining about how 75% of the opponents were NG.

Nah, I'll keep my NG deck intact. I've been playing reveal since the beginning of open beta, and I'm very glad to see the nerfs to spy decks and to the golems (who I believe will still be too good, but oh well).

I should finally have enough scraps to finish a decent monsters build, and I'd love to try out SK in a damage/control build, but I'm not sure I'll get enough scraps for that (or if the deck would actually be any good xD).

the only change i really disagree is Rainfarn down to 4.

buffing him up to 7 was absurd, but i think he was pretty fine as a 6.

straight down to 4 seems a bit of overkill.

the Calveit nerf should severly inhibit golem thinning, and that, alongside the big nerf to novices, should have been enough to limit the consistency of NG that was the main problem (perfectly able to draw whole deck when you wanted to).

Rest of changes seem fine

edit:
as for milling, i ws hoarding my scraps until after the 1st patch hit, but my actual list of goldens (opened from packs) includes:
borgh, rainfarn, ciri, rnr... i'm seriously considering a "full milling" and start fresh

Last edited:
Have just created ciri and roach yesterday. Oh well.
As for the NG - I was okay with all changes and multiple power decrease... but.... Golems that trigger only after leader is played suck. I quite often suffer from things like Roach + Medic + Tibor during first round Calveit play. If we add three more useless cards to the draw I will give them up. I might mill them and try archetype without golems.
Probably even not NG one. Where is my Monster deck? Oh, here it is.

RedanianPikemen;n8879320 said:
People complaining about Rainfarn nerf when NR have Bloody Baron, Priscilla and Keira Metz :rly?:

yes... because NR has some competitive unviable legenderies lets nerf every legendery down to taht level so we only play with neutral! yay!

/sarcasm

shroudb;n8879540 said:
yes... because NR has some competitive unviable legenderies lets nerf every legendery down to taht level so we only play with neutral! yay! /sarcasm

What i meant is that Rainfarn is still better than these three gold cards

RedanianPikemen;n8879670 said:
What i meant is that Rainfarn is still better than these three gold cards

that doesn't make him a good card though now, just better than really bad cards.

look at ge'els, he's also a tutoring card, for just a 2 point difference he's tutoring out gold/silver instead of bronze/silver. And more importantly, fixing up your draw for next turn. Plus, if you happen to draw both your silver spies Rainfarn is basically a dead card at 4 strength now, while it's alsmost impossible for geels to be a dead card (due to more overall golds+silvers in a deck compared to spies in a deck)

i really think that ST mulligan will be very nice to play and also funny , NR also pretty good now

so yeah hf guys :p

shroudb;n8879730 said:
that doesn't make him a good card though now, just better than really bad cards.

Thats my point the "bad" NG card still is better than 3 gold NR that is unacceptable, i am no saying Rainfarn deserved a nerf i am just saying that NR is in a worst situation and should be the priority in the balance effort

It was kinda totally predictable right?

I think the nerfs that will really hurt here are rainfarn and cahir ones though...

Also, everybody seems to be playing monsters and skel on the ladder now (at least on my elo), both of which are getting nerfed also (monsters not so much, but skel will be a lot different next patch).

I expect a lot of changes on the meta next patch, NR will surely be more viable, skel will be different, monsters probably will be the same but a little weaker. ST still on a weird spot and i dont know if the buffs will be sufficient to make the faction competitive again, their golds still generally sux and ithllene (which is hands down their best gold) is getting nerfed....

RedanianPikemen;n8879920 said:
Thats my point the "bad" NG card still is better than 3 gold NR that is unacceptable, i am no saying Rainfarn deserved a nerf i am just saying that NR is in a worst situation and should be the priority in the balance effort

the thing is, that they didn't "ignore" a bad NG legendery and people are fusing about that. they did put some "effort" into making it bad. That "effort" could have been instead indeed been used on NR legenderies to make them good.

Bah NG will still be good. They just won't be as consistent or blatantly strong now.
Baron might be good in a control NR deck (I see him as a control deck gold) if such a thing exist (the new machines maybe?)
Keira isn't bad. She has strong special's to use. Utility gold. Potentially game changing, potentially less than average.
Priscilla....uh, we'll see. Still seem bad :p

I'm more worried about monsters now tbh, foglets got a small buff. Weather got a small buff, consume got a large buff. (even of eggy harpies got a tiny nerf)

Glad they fixed alot of issues with ST, granted i don't know if a hybrid DB Protector deck will be viable anymore. Not sure if Mulligan and movement archtypes will be competive even with the changes. (mulligan still lack silvers and gold cards, as for movement: Iorveth still sucks balls. I made a suggestion about changes for that archtype). To summarize it: Needed balancing where done, not the changes i desired. Still an unfinished faction. Still got useless cards (dat darn sapper!) and cards not fitting anywhere.

NR seems to be in a lot better position. Im glad reaver shenanigans might be gone, good riddance. We'll see how the faction performs however.

Skellige: Bear, why the bear >.< they talk about nerfing cards to prevent them from being an auto pick, then do THIS! Gah! Still overall glad some of the issues with skellige also where fixed. As a result skellige looks plain weak sadly (granted will be saved by the bear i think). Hope im wrong.

Still results shows more than speculation, we'll see how it works out. Maybe power will be Monster > NG > ST\NR > skellige now? i dunno. Just a gut feeling.

Last edited:
shroudb;n8879540 said:
yes... because NR has some competitive unviable legenderies lets nerf every legendery down to taht level so we only play with neutral! yay!

/sarcasm

Misery loves company.

zhiphius;n8880380 said:
Bah NG will still be good. They just won't be as consistent or blatantly strong now.
Baron might be good in a control NR deck (I see him as a control deck gold) if such a thing exist (the new machines maybe?)
Keira isn't bad. She has strong special's to use. Utility gold. Potentially game changing, potentially less than average.
Priscilla....uh, we'll see. Still seem bad :p

NR seems to be in a lot better position. Im glad reaver shenanigans might be gone, good riddance. We'll see how the faction performs however.

Monsters, Skellige, and Scoi'atel all got basically the same level of base strength buffs on their bronze units that Northern Realms got. So right there, that makes it harder for NR machines to get any kills, which nullifies any buff to Bloody Baron, he's still going to be a bad gold. And bear in mind, he only gains strength while in the deck so if you get an unlucky mulligan and he's stuck in your hand you literally have a 6 strength vanilla gold card. Keira is barely better than the silver mages, maybe worse given how important Clear Skies is on those cards. Priscilla is still garbage, like her ability makes no sense whatsoever. Even if she stayed on the table after 3 turns she'd probably still only be an average gold card.

Last edited:
I don't mill Nilfgaard. It wasn't overpowered at all. I started in open beta with 11-1 but now at lvl 26 I'm slightly above 50% winrate since everybody plays very strong decks, even NR players do.

zhiphius;n8880380 said:
Baron might be good in a control NR deck (I see him as a control deck gold) if such a thing exist (the new machines maybe?) Keira isn't bad. She has strong special's to use. Utility gold. Potentially game changing, potentially less than average.

Adding 2 base power to baron wont change anything, he may be strong if the meta turns to weather with foglets but with all other factions seems terrible
Keira right now is a gold card with the power of silver mages, also epidemic in keira is terrible because most of the NR card have very low power.
Priscilla is just the worst card in the game imo

ThreePi;n8880480 said:
Keira is barely better than the silver mages, maybe worse given how important Clear Skies is on those cards.

First off, I completely agree. But just to expand on your thoughts...

If Keira was a silver, she'd be the worst silver mage in the game for exactly that reason - lack of FL. The fact that she's a gold makes it all the worse.

Of course that is primarily because weather is so strong, granted. But with things as they stand, she is AWFUL.

But even as awful as she is, she's still better than Baron or Priscilla.

Just sad.

Top Bottom