No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

+
I think they may be able to satisfy everyone by adding a default movement speed in the options. Those who prefer to move more slower by default could move the slider to the left for a slower more walking pace. I personally had never had the need to move slower (if not crouching). The default movement speed is fine for me and that's maybe why I consider it to be "walking". If I want to move more carefully, I hit the side mouse button (which by default is the C key) to toggle crouch on.

I think they may be able to satisfy everyone by adding a default movement speed in the options. Those who prefer to move more slower by default could move the slider to the left for a slower more walking pace. I personally had never had the need to move slower (if not crouching). The default movement speed is fine for me and that's maybe why I consider it to be "walking". If I want to move more carefully, I hit the side mouse button (which by default is the C key) to toggle crouch on.

Walking aka moving slower is extremely important to me for immersion.
I just cant immerse myself in the game if Im zooming from place to place like in a video game. Considering CDPRs whole argument for 1st-person-only view was immersion, you'd think they would give us this BASIC courtesy.

Running everywhere also highlights the lightyears-wide gap between cinematic scenes and basic game (since you actually walk in cinematic scenes). Its like the cinematic scenes and the basic game was made by different companies altogether. Its very jarring and kills my enjoyment of the game.

I support the fact that at the moment the game is called walking, not walking at all, but slow running, in which it is very bad to move in tight spaces, and in general, exploring the world while running is a bad pleasure. If this is called a step, then why, then, looking down at yourself, you can see that V is running, not walking. I really want to make the usual movement step, and not what is now.

Jesus Christ, why do you wan't to complicate things? Adding toggle walk speed button, with running being the default would be the best solution. Not only this is the most common practice in modern games, it's also the simplest. What you are proposing would mean that every time I would like to match the speed of the NPC during some scenes, I would need to change settings for movement speed, and do it again after to change them to default - and this is the worst design I've ever heard of.

Top Bottom