Nostalgia Trip: Old Cyberpunk 2077 materials

+
Hi, everyone. Haven't made a new thread in a while.

I was browsing through the Cyberpunk website the other day, and I was sad to see that a lot of the game's older materials, including concept art and blog posts, are completely gone. I understand this, as CD Projekt Red does not wish to give players an incorrect view of what their game is about.

However, for those of us who have been around a while, and for new folks who may have enjoyed taking a walk down memory lane, I thought it may be fun to dig into the old Cyberpunk.net website using the Wayback Machine. In this thread, I just wanted to include a collection of various screenshots/blog posts/etc. that I found from years ago. I got the OK from Rawls to post this, so hopefully, we will operate without any trouble.

Just move forward knowing that this stuff is years old, and is not representative of the game's current or future state.

First, the old homepage!

Simple, to the point. Classy. Remember when the forums were called Afterlife?

old homepage.png

And the old forums, of course!

Trivia: there was actually another version of the forums between the current one and the image below. We had that for several years before it was redesigned again, but I'm afraid I can't find any snapshots of it. Sad times. :(

OLD FORUMS.png

Early wallpapers!

logo wp 1.jpg

trailer girl wp.jpg

trailer scene wp.jpg

Concept art!

Remember when we thought giant mechs were going to be a thing (hell, maybe they still are)? There is more concept art than this, but due to age gate issues, I couldn't dig all of it up.

mech wp.jpg

Early announcement videos:

CD Projekt RED reveals Cyberpunk 2077 (/w Mike Pondsmith on stage):

CD Projekt RED announces Cyberpunk:

Cyberpunk 2077 title reveal:

Unfortunately, at some point, CDPR added an age gate, which breaks the Wayback Machine somewhat (can't check the home page's media section anymore). However, we then have lots of neat blog posts to browse.

Welcome to our new Cyberpunk blog! -- The first ever blog post.

Making of the Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer -- Great peek into how that beloved first teaser trailer was put together! This just links to the blog post snippet, but for the full "making of" stuff, check this out instead: http://web.archive.org/web/20140727050935/https://www.behance.net/gallery/Cyberpunk-2077/6573211

Implementing Pen & Paper mechanisms into a computer game -- Some early insight into how CDPR approached adapting Cyberpunk 2077 from Cyberpunk 2020.

Cyberpunk 2077 – Mike Pondsmith About the Cyberpunk World -- This one's self explanatory! But it has a video that goes with it (included below) for anyone who hasn't seen it. Essentially, it's Mike Pondsmith walking around in the rain, talking about Cyberpunk. What else could you ask for?

MIKE PONDSMITH ABOUT THE CYBERPUNK WORLD VIDEO LINK (Original video has gone ker-put)

Not only the Cyberchef has his taste: More about inspiration -- Self explanatory again. More info about CDPR's inspirations.

Mike pondsmith's introduction: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 -- Insight into who Mike is, and why he went with CDPR instead of any other game dev studio out there.

Hope some of you have fun digging around.

Last edited:
I want big Skyscrapers:beer:
Burj Khalifa
828 m (2,717 ft)

Construction started 2004
Completed 2009

The Bride.jpg

Sky Mile Tower
1,700 m (5,577 ft)
Estimated completion 2045
Sky_mile_tower.jpg

I am really looking forward to places like this in the city, where if the angles are right then you thank the heavens, or maybe just the devs, for a "photo capture mode". It's going to end up being it's own art.

I hope the feel gets more aligned to this super-small claustrophobic personal space, where at ground level everything is in your face, causing some anxiety, and is a little suffocating. While high open spaces tower over you with bridges, lights, vehicles, and feels like the only peaceful spots around, but those high areas are always just out of touch.

At least at the beginning...

... but those high areas are always just out of touch.

At least at the beginning...

thats the only thing i would disagree with you on, if its a sandbox/openworld(how ever you want to call it) , then no places should be out of reach with MAYBE exception for gang/corp territory - though you could still get in but your ass will be holier then swiss cheese and maybe small spaces that are for story to avoid quest/progression bugs.
i would still have a gripe though can understand these kind "closed off areas"

Oh man, love the district from the first trailer. Towering skyscrapers, bridges, AV's above you... a claustrophobic jungle.

You are the historian, archaeologist and museum director of this game Snowflakez. :D Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Have to say I really like the old feel of game. Makes me nostalgic for what won’t be.

Hope at least some of it makes it. I do love me a good nightscape.

View attachment 11001898

My hopes at least in one area of the city. Very similar to the original trailer. Love the design of the bridges between buildings, AV flying through.

In London City they have warehouses from around 1880 ~ 1900 (i think when i see the style) with bridges between them
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-b...houses-along-shad-thames-london-43466645.html

i know it is a bit off topic but i wanna to share this 'Original post' it is beautiful to see the 'dept' in the height

Last edited:
I want to put these complicated and high-rise buildings in the game, and I can go in and explore. I think this is very difficult, even Rockstar may not be able to do it.
Post automatically merged:

Cdpr may be aware that making old data will be a very big challenge, and it will easily fail, so it will change direction and become the cp2077 seen now.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 11001898

My hopes at least in one area of the city. Very similar to the original trailer. Love the design of the bridges between buildings, AV flying through.

Very, very difficult, unless can't explore.

Last edited:
Watch the demo from 24:20 to 25:50 (the first part of the car ride with Jackie). You can see several spots that have that look to them IMO.

Guest 4149880

Oh, this gives me hope: always wanted some (boss?) fights against big robots. It must not be a standard, just some climax here and there (mainly end-game).

While everyone thinking OMG Mechs!!!! I'm looking at the correlation between the gun & ID bracelet activation lights.

Top Bottom