Noteworthy characters and other ideas for new cards

+
I think we all know that at this point we have a lot of characters from the books and all 3+1 games (TW I, II, III, Thronebreaker), however there are several (also major) characters missing.
Siegfried: Grandmaster is my personal favourite and reflects that based on the decisions Geralt makes Siegfried will take over the Order of the Flamming Rose from Jacques and will lead it in the second game under Radovid, until they are used up and tossed aside, becoming the Fallen Knights in the third game.

The characters I was able to collect playing through the first 2 games and starting to read one of the books added are:
1.) Bernard Loredo (either an SY or SY/NR card)
2.) Cedric (Neutral/ST, although ST really does not suit him very well)
3.) Dimitri (Neutral, the bandit killing the Troll in Act 1 of the TW II)
4.) Draugir (a weaker version of the Draug, which appear quite often in Sabrina's Curse).
5.) Skalen Burdon (ST, a dwarf)
6.) Baron Kimbolt (NR)
7.) Baron Maravel (NR, possibly NR/NG)
8.) Renuald aep Matsen (NG, he hilariously enough exists as a card in TW III)
9.) Brigida Papebrock (NR)
10.) Adam Pangratt (Neutral/NR)
11.) Rience (NG ?, see books)
12.) A second card for Vilgefortz, considering his importance in the books
13.) Raimund Maarloeve (Neutral/Neutral)
14.) Several named Knights of the Order of the Flamming Rose in TW II (SY)
15.) Siegfried: Grandmaster (SY)
16.) Codringer and Fenn (?)
17.) several named monsters, given that we should have an unnamed and named version of all "common" monsters, e.g. named drowners, a nekker warrior etc)

Are there any characters you can think of, which should be added and which I forgot.

Last edited:
Corinne Tilly kind of strange having Oneiromancy in the Game without the oneiromancer.

Henry var Attre had a Card during Open Beta which will probably return some day (they should really start bringing the still missing OB Cards like Reaver Hunters, Cerys Fearless etc. back) but they could also add Cards for Rosa and Edna var Attre.

Edit:
Aryan and Maria Luiza La Valette and the Witcher Berengar would probably also be worth adding to the Game.

Last edited:
I recently read most of the Witcher books, and there are still a lot of characters that don't have cards. Probably the one I want the most is Essi Daven. Surprisingly, I don't think there's a single Gwent card related to that short story (A Little Sacrifice), not even a Bronze mermaid.

Edit: I also wouldn't mind a card for Istredd since I love mages, even if he is a bit pathetic.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I will ask here what i've been asking for 4 years, for the 500th time: the Rats.

Not MO rats, the bandit gang Ciri joins in the books, there are definitely many Gwent cards with characters that are not nearly as important.

Also, they've already missed 2 great chances to add them:
-when they put a lot of neutral bandit units, on Iron Judgment expansion i think
-during this Journey, CIRI's Journey! These characters were very important during her early life and and helped shaped her up to what she has become

Zeugl, Koshchey and the Viy of Maribor, all of them are pretty important monsters if you ask me.

I'll be satisfied if CD Project Red developers would create
-Rusty Vanderbeck
-Essi Daven
-Jarre
-Hangman (monster from slavic folclore)

Top Bottom