nVidia effects in Witcher III - what with AMD?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
nVidia effects in Witcher III - what with AMD?

Hi All!

I saw that nVidia published lately list of their proprietary technologies, that's going to be used in The Witcher III game. Here is the slide:

http://www.benchmark.pl/uploads/art.../8061d3931efe6a95763885bee185155050e07a07.jpg

I am wondering, if all of these technologies are going to be handled by CPU, or some of them will calculate on GPU? It's kind of important,because the latter solution means, that game will look significantly better on nVidia cards. Could someone say something about that (devs preferably)?

Thanks.

I know with PhysX AMD cards can usually turn the feature on but get terrible framerate. The worst part is that it's not because it offloads the work onto the CPU. It just isn't made to work with AMD cards. I remember on Metro Last Light that if I turned on advanced physics which used PhysX my framerate dropped to 15 but my CPU usage wasn't above 25%. We can't even pop an Nvidia card in a secondary PCI-E slot to be used as PhysX alongside our AMD card without a lot of voodoo registry tweaks which cause other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom