Oh, thank the witcher!

+
Oh, thank the witcher!

Here's a dedicated little space for giving thanks to our favorite game and characters and developers. You know, the things that go beyond the obvious of great entertainment and sensible devs who look out for their fans instead of the false gods of DRM.

I thank the witcher for actually making me fall in love with my player character, not even my beloved Lara pulled that off, and which made for endless happy playing time (no, I don't have a life, in case you wonder).

I thank the witcher for meeting a couple very special people here over the years (some of which, sadly, aren't with us anymore). And one extra special person I'd like to call my soul mate, because I'd long since believed that such a person could only exist within my deviant mind.

I thank the witcher for changing the face of my world - what are you grateful for?

I'm grateful I stumbled onto such a memorable masterpiece with no prior knowledge of Sapkowski or his Witcher universe. I respect CDPR for their ethic, that is, how they treat fans, how they continue to patch and improve their games after release, how they genuinely listen and respond to critical feedback. More than anything, I'm grateful CDPR has made the fantasy genre engaging again, at least for me.

A wonderful idea! I especially love the term - makes it sound like a religious chant if repeated.

I thank the witcher for showing me that at least one game developer studio knows how to treat their fans.

I thank the witcher for showing me that a game franchise marketed as "adult and mature" can be about something more than just gratuitous sex and violence.

I thank the witcher for allowing me to get to know such a wonderful community as this one (and GOG during the blackout). There's such a pleasant atmosphere, overall, and a general level of intelligence and maturity that's not too common to find in online communities.

I also thank the witcher for being partially responsible for me starting to write again - albeit sporadically - for the first time in years.

I thank the CDPR for showing that books can be transfer into computer game while preserving the original idea with atmosphere plus adding new characters and its own storyline thus allowing one of the best fantasy worlds become alive with another dimension...

I thank the witcher for extending my soundtrack music folder in mp3 player and also for accompanying me during my exam period.

I thank the witcher for showing me (after couple a years) that a computer game is worth playing through all night or even 24 hours straight, and that every playthrough is unique and nothing like the previous ones.

I thank the witcher for allowing me to be part of this great community where there is always someone eager to help and every problem has a solution. And finally I´m happy I could meet undoubtedly wonderful people, in addition one of them becoming maybe a little more than just a very good friend.

I think I really can't put my feelings into words.

The witcher was a change of my life - kind of. It showed me that games are capable overcome movies, the best of them. A game like this was something I've always searched for even when when I didn't really know what I was looking for. Thank you.

After finding the game I was impressed how CDPR treated their fans. Honestly I'd ever before even learnt the companies' names but this time I did because they really come close to the fans. I don't have to fear the witcher could got screwed up in future. Thank you.

I feel gratitude that we're granted so amazing music. They're full of memories - of the world of the witcher, of my life. When I listen to them I'll remember all the good time I had with The Witcher. The Witcher truly feels like some kind of significant "era" for me. One of those things that I've wanted to experience in my life.

Top Bottom