Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisbeth_Salander;n8886610 said:
What criticism? I'm really curious to know your opinion.

i made a big fuss here about the aesthetics of the trailer when it was first shown. those threads were deleted this thread is an edited version of me bashing it but the OP was changed by a mod.

animalfather;n8890110 said:
i made a big fuss here about the aesthetics of the trailer when it was first shown. those threads were deleted this thread is an edited version of me bashing it but the OP was changed by a mod.

Since I'm a new here. I'd really love to see every detail of that criticism. send me a pm ;)

It's great to see different opinions, specially towards something we like. Do you think it wans't that mutch retro futuristic? Or that it was too "clean"? Those pictures certainly look more retro than the game trailer. Oh I know, you criticized how the lack of dark features were presented in the trailer? Hmmm

Shavod;n8981850 said:
Interview with Mike Pondsmith from Pyrkon. He talks about Cyberpunk, his work with CDPR and couple other things.

Interviewer: "How close will CP2077 look like CP2020 in comparision?"

Mike: "There is much more of what I was actually hoping for." He started talking about the world design in the trailer right after sayng that. So what can we get from this? Is the term "much more" in a general way or in a specific world design only?

"Hey there's an easier less complicated way to do this" So his opinions changed probably the "gameplay mechanics"?.

Mike also said something interesting about CDPR "mining those thousands of books we wrote all those years."

You SHOULD definetely make a thread about this video.

Last edited:
I believe it's all lore-related, not the actual Interlock system. He talks alot about Cyberpunk but never about system behind it, the core that gives characters well, character. And the line about "crunchy rules"... I sense massive degeneracy and decline. /back to Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n8983500 said:
Mike also said something interesting about CDPR "mining those thousands of books we wrote all those years"

Well there are a ton of supplements and adventures published for 2020.

They already name dropped the Forlorn Hope, which was a location added in a supplementary book.

GameReactor caught up with Mike Pondsmith at Gamelab to talk about cyberpunk, his work at CD Projekt Red, pen and paper, Japanese anime, and more

[video]http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=325383[/video]

Last edited:
Nice quote from the above article.

“We had a discussion at one point, for example, about flying cars. I have them in cyberpunk because they are a fast and efficient way of getting characters from one end of a ruined city to another."

“But what happens to these things in a digital, three- dimensional environment. Flying cars are cool but they’re not there for flying car gun fights. It’s not their place in the world. They’re a convenience in the design and like so many things in Cyberpunk they have a mechanical function rather than just being there because they’re cool."

“So a lot of the conversations we’ve had on the team are not “can we do this?” We can do just about anything. Instead, it’s me explaining why I did it in pen and paper, and then we figure out if we need it again, and whether it serves a different purpose in a videogame. I know why flying cars are there in the original but that’s not necessarily the same functionality we need in 2077. Everything is taken apart in terms of what it does to the game, how it differs from tabletop, and getting the right feel.”

A lot of people will no doubt hate the following.

"But Blade Runner’s cyberpunk isn’t Pondsmith’s Cyberpunk. He likes Blade Runner though, which is more than can be said for a lot of the sci-fi movies we end up discussing. He likes internal consistency, particularly when it comes to tech and the ideas behind that tech, and it’s something he thinks writers often sacrifice for a thematic punch, or to move a plot. When it comes to games, he’s critical of Deus Ex, though not so much because of any specific aspect, but rather, I think, because it’s worryingly close to the game Cyberpunk might have become in the wrong hands."

Last edited:
How did you get no flying cars out of that?
Mike merely said they didn't adopt everything from CP2020 verbatim, that they evaluated its utility and purpose to see if it fit in a video vice PnP game. And I can't think of a single reason it wouldn't.

It's a city, it has to have a vertical dimension. While flying people might create issues with players having access to areas they shouldn't I doubt you're going to sneak up to a 47th floor window in a flying vehicle and not be noticed.

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

Mike Pondsmith Interviews: Making Cyberpunk 2077, working with Cd Projekt Red

A video interview with Mike Pondsmith talking about working with CDPR and making Cyberpunk 2077 and some other interesting stuff. Guess for those who think there will only be 3 playable classes in the game need to reconsider. Media, Corporate and Rockerboy roles/classes confirmed? Yes

https://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/3253...ith+Interview/

Also, and article interview talking about making Cyberpunk, a great read.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...cd-projekt-red

Last edited by a moderator:
BeastModeIron;n9137340 said:
A video interview with Mike Pondsmith talking about working with CDPR and making Cyberpunk 2077 and some other interesting stuff. Guess for those who think there will only be 3 playable classes in the game need to reconsider. Media, Corporate and Rockerboy roles/classes confirmed? Yes

https://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/3253...ith+Interview/

Also, and article interview talking about making Cyberpunk, a great read.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...cd-projekt-red

Beast, the other article thread is like, four threads down from yours. And the video is in the Updates thread. Merging.

Man after reading all those articles im so thankful that mike and cdpr are the ones devoloping this epic cyberpunk game. I feel like if mike had allowed any other devs to devolope it they would of totally missed the mark and butchered the hell out of this game. They just seem like they work so well together and when this amount of care and passion goes into a project like this the end result is almost always groundbreaking. Hyped isnt the correct word. I feel honored to be able to say i got to play the game that changed how people view CYBERPUNK as a genre games in general. Ya...i think this game will be that good. Ive never felt so passionate about following a game during devolopment...exciting times man, exciting times.

Rock Paper Shotgun has a piece as well: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/07/12/cyberpunk-2077-mike-pondsmith-interview/#more-459411

"Like Cyberpunk itself, Pondsmith is nerdy as heck but shot through with a slightly unhinged sense of cool" I grinned. That is the BEST KIND OF COOL, Mike. Never let 'em know what you're thinking. Unless it's giggle pigs.

"“But what happens to these things in a digital, three- dimensional environment. Flying cars are cool but they’re not there for flying car gun fights. It’s not their place in the world. They’re a convenience in the design and like so many things in Cyberpunk they have a mechanical function rather than just being there because they’re cool."

"Walter Jon Williams wrote the book that really got me into this, Hardwired. It’s total whack-out fable of doomed romance against desperate stupid odds"

Yeah, same for me. I read it before Neuromancer. That scene with Cowboy driving across the mountains, his eyes set to black and white mode because cool? Awesome.

"The tech shouldn’t make you a hero, it should just be a part of ordinary life."

Sardukhar;n9138030 said:
Rock Paper Shotgun has a piece as well: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/07/12/cyberpunk-2077-mike-pondsmith-interview/#more-459411

"Like Cyberpunk itself, Pondsmith is nerdy as heck but shot through with a slightly unhinged sense of cool" I grinned. That is the BEST KIND OF COOL, Mike. Never let 'em know what you're thinking. Unless it's giggle pigs.

"“But what happens to these things in a digital, three- dimensional environment. Flying cars are cool but they’re not there for flying car gun fights. It’s not their place in the world. They’re a convenience in the design and like so many things in Cyberpunk they have a mechanical function rather than just being there because they’re cool."

"Walter Jon Williams wrote the book that really got me into this, Hardwired. It’s total whack-out fable of doomed romance against desperate stupid odds"

Yeah, same for me. I read it before Neuromancer. That scene with Cowboy driving across the mountains, his eyes set to black and white mode because cool? Awesome.

"The tech shouldn’t make you a hero, it should just be a part of ordinary life."

Already posted dude....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom