Options to remove Johnny pls [Suggestion / Spoilers!]

+

PR2501

Forum regular
Here's an idea: Let us play through the game without Johnny [if we wish to do so]. (Except for the main story - because the main story is as much Johnny's story as it is V's.)

I'm about 20 hours into my second playthrough now and Johnny is really getting on my nerves. His unnecessary commentary on every other side quest and his constant, predictable whining about corporations really take the joy out of exploring the world and kills the game's replayability for me.

1. You could remove the Watson lockdown (not sure why that mechanic is in the game in the first place) so we can explore the world before delving into the main quest.

or

2. Let us play the game after finishing the main story (and thus removing the Johnny construct) with the game actually recognizing that we finished the main story. Apparently we'd only have about 6 months left to live but that's enough time to do everything else in the game. That way we could rush through the main story and then enjoy the rest of the game, free of Johnny's nagging.

or

3. Let us take Omega Blockers constantly to completely silence Johnny, until we can finally remove him from our head. You could make it some kind of status effect (a "buff" or "condition" for that matter) and as long as it's active, Johnny will stay silent. (But still take over your brain - quietly - so you'd have to get him outta there anyway.)

Thank you and have a great day. :confused:

Last edited:

JagoA

Forum regular
Yep, hopefully some kind of new game + where you are just playing as V but without the main story events affecting him, but as some of the side quests are intertwined with the main story quite a bit it'll be a bit tricky to do.

Icinix

Forum veteran
I actually like the exposition and throw away lines and dialogue you can engage with him on many of the side quests and gigs.

It's actually the main story focus on him I don't like.

...which is why I feel (and I say this with all love for Keanu) they maybe shouldn't have gotten someone so high profile and well known....because it makes returning them at any point in the future a lot harder and also influences and forces the narrative path.

Regardless, I suspect all of this is moot.

I do like the idea of being able to pop omega blockers to keep him out of your head because I'm always for more choice and consequences in game.

In an ideal world, I would like a SECOND FULL STORYLINE.
In which we save Jackie, we do not insert the chip into our head and we never see Johnny at all, except for a mention in notes and dialogues. A large, free DLS that adds a second storyline to the game in which the whole story goes differently.

Yes, I understand that this will not happen. Because this untalented, weak studio for 10 years of development was barely able to make one linear plot for 15 hours.

Said for while i would love a post endgame freeroam free of johnny and just a free run at all the game has without rushing the main quest.
That was the main reason to rush the mainstory a little bit: freedom.
Imagine my surprise...

@Topic
CP2077 is one of the games where you've little social contact with the enviroment. Even if you count the Main/Sidestories, there are just a few characters who talks with you or have a relationship. I mean I waited 2 days before Kerry and other ones call me on the phone. Poor V.
It would be really lonesome without Johnny. It's like a bad marriage: Don't like him, but at least you've somebody to argue.

Can we fix what's broken before developing a whole new story/game mode? Like, isn't that what an expansion is for? Maybe a story after the events of removing the chip and Johnny's influence?

I actually like the exposition and throw away lines and dialogue you can engage with him on many of the side quests and gigs.

It's actually the main story focus on him I don't like.

...which is why I feel (and I say this with all love for Keanu) they maybe shouldn't have gotten someone so high profile and well known....because it makes returning them at any point in the future a lot harder and also influences and forces the narrative path.

Regardless, I suspect all of this is moot.

I do like the idea of being able to pop omega blockers to keep him out of your head because I'm always for more choice and consequences in game.

I don't like the main story focus on Johnny either, agree with you there. But it's impossible now to cut him out of it. For side quests it would require some work but it's doable.

By the way this is not about Keanu. I love Keanu Reeves. :coolstory: This is about Johnny.

In an ideal world, I would like a SECOND FULL STORYLINE.
In which we save Jackie, we do not insert the chip into our head and we never see Johnny at all, except for a mention in notes and dialogues. A large, free DLS that adds a second storyline to the game in which the whole story goes differently.

Yes, I understand that this will not happen. Because this untalented, weak studio for 10 years of development was barely able to make one linear plot for 15 hours.
Im trying to explore something along those lines the now without much success, i've just did the heist and got dropped of at the hotel by del, but instead of going in i jumped out and went to my apartment an fell asleep, my initial thinking was find Evelyn but the game blocks you from using your phone, combat, etc etc and shes nowhere i can find so i guess they put her in npc limbo, i was hoping it was one of them "choices" thats not got a marker and is only hinted at but well im fresh outtae ideas tbh so im guessing i need to go to that room

Johnny is badass when it comes to combat, his reload animation and music, but dude STFU and get out of my head! :LOL: I want V to make it to the major leagues without this stalker ghost of the past lurking. I hope we get post main story questlines as well!

Im trying to explore something along those lines the now without much success,
Eh, man, I spent six hours replaying the prologue over and over.
Trying to find a way to save Jackie. That was back when I sincerely believed that this game would become an RPG of the DECADE! This was back when I defended any mistakes of the CDPR.
I went through this damn prologue over and over again, trying all combinations of answer options, hacking all kinds of equipment in the hotel, trying to hide from Smesher in different places. I thought that somewhere I need to use Saburo's token, which was lying on the corpse. Or maybe the answer lies in the braindance with Evelyn?
Nothing.
And even then, realization slowly dawned on me. The thought I was afraid of. This is not an RPG of the decade, this is shit.

mbrto

Forum regular
johnny is the best character ever
at first he really annoyed me and at the end i missed that damn bastard
now im a samurai fan and get the chills when his tunes are played on the radio

Eh, man, I spent six hours replaying the prologue over and over.
Trying to find a way to save Jackie. That was back when I sincerely believed that this game would become an RPG of the DECADE! This was back when I defended any mistakes of the CDPR.
I went through this damn prologue over and over again, trying all combinations of answer options, hacking all kinds of equipment in the hotel, trying to hide from Smesher in different places. I thought that somewhere I need to use Saburo's token, which was lying on the corpse. Or maybe the answer lies in the braindance with Evelyn?
Nothing.
And even then, realization slowly dawned on me. The thought I was afraid of. This is not an RPG of the decade, this is shit.

I like it as it is tbh, it aint no masterpiece but it's kept me entertained regardless.
Did anyone initially think they could save Goro?
Anyone initially think they could betray Panam?

Just a couple of examples and even though i dont believe theres this god almight different story out there with hidden outcomes and choices there probably still enough to keep me interested tbh

I agree with point 1. I'm on my 4th playthrough, I'm currently at 15:31 of playtime trying to re-create the 6 months we never get to play. Haven't even gone to see Dex yet. (Note: He's still sitting in his car waiting lol)

Point 2 is also doable and probably better for the main story as you could explore as you enter each new area. As it is, I'll be lvl 30+ when I roll over Dum Dum, but hey it's what it is.

Point 3 though, I think would require to much coding as they would have to add flags for "pill taken", "which pill", "time taken", and then compare those values it every cutscene, random voice-over.

I am all for removing Johnny, I personally wanted the story that was shown in the '18 teaser where Jackie scopes in Stout, V's punching the roof in triumph as Jackie is... let's just say less of himself, etc, etc. However, like you said that is never going to happen, unfortunately.

As for the main story, I don't really see it as 50/50. It's more like 75 Johnny/25 V. Let's face it, we are not the main character. The story is about Johnny and his personal path to becoming a legend and dealing a death blow to those that he feels have wronged him personally. Poor Alt (the one that was actually wronged by Arasaka) just gets a cameo appearance basically. We are just the side-kick that does all the heavy lifting.

I like johnny his lines and story is good, but when we finished the story we should be able to play without him, i think maybe is that he is with us so much and so much audio to us that he effectively takes the place of traditional callable companions but without combat skills.
Id prefer like in the old school games to be able to call(summon) companion of choice certainly i freeroam after story is done

Top Bottom