Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
Ah, good. She's a great character and deserving of attention as well as our dear Panam.

But if it comes down to one or the other I will cut Judy without a second thought. I kid. Mostly.

Hey Judy gang, you’re welcome!
Panam gang with you!
Post automatically merged:

Ah, good. She's a great character and deserving of attention as well as our dear Panam.

But if it comes down to one or the other I will cut Judy without a second thought. I kid. Mostly.
I sincerely hope that both Judy (for fem V) and Panam (for male V) will be with V in AZ.

More Panam !

speaking of beating the game, anyone have thoughts on how V's actions with the bullet necklace factor in? in the nomad ending, V takes it off and lets it fly away in the breeze. In the arasaka ending, V clings to it as they become an engram, and if you go back to earth after arasaka, the video cuts as they are about to rip it off. What do you guys think?
I think that it is one more hint and symbol of the fate which V chose. This necklace is reference to the past and to the death, to all atrocities V faced. So I’m not surprised that V takes it off and let it fly. His new life with Panam and Aldecaldo should be connected with light, hope and fighting for something worthy to fight.

• When you're alone with her in the shack and Johnny says "On behalf of the staff of independent california hotel I wish you sweet dreams". The vibe with this song in the background is absolute perfection. This dialogue alone convinced me that Cyberpunk 2077 was something special and sold me on Johnny Silverhand.

Really? I liked it when he called me a real piece of shit at the end of a questline.
As a matter of fact, it's the disagreements with Johnny, and the inability to actually rely on anything he says that I most like about him and the game.

speaking of beating the game, anyone have thoughts on how V's actions with the bullet necklace factor in? in the nomad ending, V takes it off and lets it fly away in the breeze. In the arasaka ending, V clings to it as they become an engram, and if you go back to earth after arasaka, the video cuts as they are about to rip it off. What do you guys think?
He is leaving NC with Panam, with his new family, he is changing life and hopefully find a cure. Ofc the necklace is important for him, but it is also full of Pain. If wasnt for that bullet, nothing of what we see would have happenned and maybe he could have been really happy. Is sad. He doesnt need that feelings now. He is doing an important step in his life, and must leave that memories behind, is the past.

Regarding Arasaka ending, he clings to it because is the only things remained to him.
No more friends, no more loved one, no more johnny.
He is back to life after that bullet, so for how i see, clinging on it is like if he is clinging to his last hope, hoping it helps him coming back to life again.

Just my point of view, it can be interpreted in many ways, ofc

Just my point of view, it can be interpreted in many ways, ofc

That is the most important point, I think. Art that is left to the imagination of the viewer is often much more compelling than art that is spoon fed to us.

P.S. I hate Panam (but you do you).

I agree that we need an extended love storyline with more quests in-game with some options and things after you finish all her sidequests.

Something like what this guy said:

Such a minor thing, as for example having the option to come to the camp and spend the night there, with a little cutscene where you sit around the campfire with others, Cassidy playing the guitar etc.. That would do so much. This little thing would make the whole game so much more interesting to me.
Also, I wrote my wish a week ago, about the continuation of the game DLC. Here quote from it:

Our final was when you leave the Night City with Aldecaldos and Panam. So we want to see how they will find something that will save V’s life. Also with continuous of this beautiful love story between V and Panam ^_^.

We found it very interesting about nomads' life in CyberPunk world, while we played the game. Our proposed DLC story can be connected with City, as their (V, Panam, and their clan) searching will lead them to the blue-eyed guy (from the Peralez storyline and the secret ending), back to the Night City. Because his technology of brain rewriting may be the solution to V’s problem with saving his body and personality. Continuation of the story with so beloved by many people characters (V, Panam, Mitch, Victor, Misty, etc.) with more puzzles, difficulties, and of course orders. And 3 finals - bad, medium, happy end.
Well, I really hope that developers will hear us and give us the continuation we are waiting for.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
Not hearing enough love for Panam's soundtrack. It makes the scenes in the game so much more powerful. And maybe I have the wrong perspective but after beating the game it just sounds so....depressing. Like a mix of beauty and depression....

Soundtrack
This song and the song for Johnny's romance scene with rogue are my two favourites in the whole game. I got them on repeat all day lmao it just makes me sad but I can't stop myself lol

Not hearing enough love for Panam's soundtrack. It makes the scenes in the game so much more powerful. And maybe I have the wrong perspective but after beating the game it just sounds so....depressing. Like a mix of beauty and depression....

Soundtrack

Ehh, and the nostalgia strike again. Sitting with Panam when the storm is outside and hearing this music... Just magical. And yeah.. depressing also.

I wonder if anybody from CDPR looking at the forum? I remember times from the Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 when the forum was completly diferent, the devs was really active, disscuss with the others, replies to a lot of comments. So sad seeing them now seperating from the players more and more.

Ehh, and the nostalgia strike again. Sitting with Panam when the storm is outside and hearing this music... Just magical. And yeah.. depressing also.

I wonder if anybody from CDPR looking at the forum? I remember times from the Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 when the forum was completly diferent, the devs was really active, disscuss with the others, replies to a lot of comments. So sad seeing them now seperating from the players more and more.

I've seen some lurking. But based on the backlash the game is getting on the forums they're probably not showing themselves which is a shame.

There was a post in this thread earlier where the lead animation dev reposted a forbes article about Panam on Twitter. One of the guys in here linked him this thread and the dev confirmed that the team has been seeing all of the love she's getting!
In general I think a lot of the dev's probably lurk the forums but don't comment much due to reasons (idk what the reasons are tbh lmao).

There was a post in this thread earlier where the lead animation dev reposted a forbes article about Panam on Twitter. One of the guys in here linked him this thread and the dev confirmed that the team has been seeing all of the love she's getting!
In general I think a lot of the dev's probably lurk the forums but don't comment much due to reasons (idk what the reasons are tbh lmao).
Probably if they comment people will start doing questions, ... that they probably can't ansewer now and to avoid that that's way they probably just see what we talk about, ... but don't answer. I would love to get an answer from them or something like that but at the same time I can understand their position. But yeah, it would be amazing to get just a little message from them just giving us a little little little spoiler about the possible Panam content that we will get :LOL:

Probably if they comment people will start doing questions, ... that they probably can't ansewer now and to avoid that that's way they probably just see what we talk about, ... but don't answer. I would love to get an answer from them or something like that but at the same time I can understand their position. But yeah, it would be amazing to get just a little message from them just giving us a little little little spoiler about the possible Panam content that we will get :LOL:
Well everyone hope for a spoiler like that :LOL:

Anyways, i understand they cant. They cant answer, and probably they have their reason. But at least "heey guys, we are listening to you" or something like that, would be much appriciated.
It would make us feel like we are not only talking between us, but how if someone read what we write.
Would make us feel like we are doing something important and not like we are wasting our time talking to ourselves.

Just so we know they are here.
Like this we know nothing. We are not sure that they actually read. We can only speculate and hope so ofc

yeah, i work on a medium sized mobile game and if you even post a single word on an admin account the players will start spamming you like crazy lol, its definitely better they just avoid saying anything altogether. Depending on what they say an entire polygon article can be generated haha

and especially if everyone is waiting,posting in forums every day, if devs say a peep everyone will go crazy because we're anticipating for so long

I think a good compromise is if they could react to our posts with red point or something :'D

Yeah, I asked him on Twitter and he confirmed he'd seen it - I'm sure they can't say anything, but I want to thank all the CD Projekt Red team who reads this thread and say I hope we get even more great (Panam) content in the (more Panam) near (Panam) future please. (More Panam content please). Love your work!

After reading your posts, i have to say that u two convinced me that the companion mode is no prioritie for me anymore. I really like the fact that dates, activities etc. with Panam would be way more special if she doesnt follow u around all the time. And as mentioned the silent moments betwen V and Panam made the difference and i have to 100% agree with that.

Yeah, same here :LOL: It is absolutely true that the last thing she should become is some kind of buff. Especially because her buff, that she already gave us, is in some kind her beloved weapon OVERWATCH - a present for V. Giving us this "little" plus in game mechanics, in that concealed way, does the trick much better and makes her even more alive.

So yes, i agree that she shouldn't be a simple and lifeless bound-to-V-companion. Really the quiet and "real" moments with her did the job for me too. But besides all the really great ideas here, i would still love if we could call her (in the midst of the storyline) sometimes for help (even if we didn't really need her as a buff), or even more if she calls us for easy shootout or side job help - like i described in my early post as some kind of temporally partner in crime. Here and there some little jobs with her, here and there a visit in our apartment or an invitation to her tent would ease already a lot for me :D

But again, 100% YES to more fleshed out and well scripted new storylines with her!!!!

I can confirm that Panam voice acting is a kind of masterpiece. As Russian player I played in CP with Russian localisation. And this was magnificent as well as Emily’s acting in English localisation.

I can confirm and add to that, that also the german voice acting is a big part of "falling in love" with this character. I switched sometimes to english and their are pretty similar in quality, which is not every time the case. Judy's voice is pretty fitting too. So i guess, besides the praise the voice actors should really get, i think the casting for all versions need also a big thanks. I really hope, the dev's can get all of the voice actors back and give us, after reading fast growing threads like this one, a big chunk of new, loveable lines.

Last edited:

Soundtrack
Personally I love the soundtrack. If you listen to the full version of Outsider No More (8 mins or so), the last 2 mins of the song really hit deep on an emotional level for me. As far as soundtrack goes, they really put a lot of effort in creating music for the game.

Top Bottom