Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
I can't help but feel like they had her shrouded in darkness in her voicemail like that for a reason..
Maybe, I thought it was a lighting bug. It's happend in other area and people in the game. But if it's not a bug and it's meant to be like that, I can't help but get a uneasy feeling, I hope it's nothing bad. Really hoping it's just a lighting bug or she just didn't have a light source.

Panam and Judy in B&W _).jpg

Post automatically merged:

Videos de Cyberpunk 2077 (3).jpg

Last edited:
add to this point that if you left NC with judy and panam is just your friend, you won't even get a voicemail from panam at all. Why? because it would reveal too much about arizona, I think.

there will be an interview with Judy's voice actress on friday, I think we should check to see if she is also prevented from doing impressions legally. This interview asks them to say a quote at the end of every interview so it's likely she will say if its possible or not. If she can't, I really feel it could be future content related

Good point Zing ! So I'll listen to it then on Friday.

I hope a DLC comes out soon for Panam or something idk what i should do more in CP77

I hope so too, although logically I think we'll still have a while to wait. I don't mind waiting if it's quality. I just need to renew my subscription to the trauma team. :D

It's the same in the English version as well. I just wish she was by a campfire or had some sort of lighting so you could see her face. She's just shrouded in darkness and all you see really is her silhouette.
The same was in the Polish version. Maybe she was by the campfire but she put the camera behind her back as we saw it

Thank you for confirming the translations. I know that there may be nuances in different languages. Sometimes by putting them together it can give something.

totally agree with you for the 6 months with jackie

I see French words in your message, a compatriot ?

#Panamdebt :
photomode_15032021_132927.png

photomode_15032021_141300.png

add to this point that if you left NC with judy and panam is just your friend, you won't even get a voicemail from panam at all. Why? because it would reveal too much about arizona, I think.

A little extra detail, the message of Panam is very personalized, the frame changes and It fits perfectly with the story. If I have to choose between two contradictory messages (Panam who is with Mitch and probably other Aldecaldos, and Mitch alone), I will base myself on Panam's which is perfectly logical and fits the events.

It's interesting that for The Star, Male V + Panam Romance is the only situation where you get a positive voicemail from both Judy and Panam. This doesn't hold for the inverse (Fem V with Judy = no message from Panam).

And you know what's actually interesting for Male V players? If you're good friends with Panam (no romance) but pick The Sun you'll receive a voicemail from her. If you're good friends with Panam but instead pick The Star you won't hear anything from her.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is how it works. Essentially you can be raiding Arasaka with your good friend (albeit non romanced) Panam, succeed, leave Night City with her and share that embrace on the Basilisk. Despite this you won't actually receive a message from her. Funny since you get one from Mitch ("that was a hell of a raid") but not Panam.

Is the lack of a voicemail an example of "cut content" due to a lack of time? Normally I would agree, but when you consider how mysterious her actual romanced voicemail is (shrouded in darkness in an undisclosed location) part of me believes this is intentional.

Is the lack of a voicemail an example of "cut content" due to a lack of time? Normally I would agree, but when you consider how mysterious her actual romanced voicemail is (shrouded in darkness in an undisclosed location) part of me believes this is intentional.
I also think that how they delivered her message was intentional. Even to put "something bad can happen" part in that ending - just for the little balance.

And we are probably 2 days away from the patch :beer:

Switching up gears here, something I've been thinking about. It's about the ending, particularly the Star ending. Did Panam know V would wake up there, in her truck? And you'd think she would be very excited to see him emerge from her truck. That she'd be so happy and relieved that V finally came regained consciousness.I believe it's been atleast two weeks that V has been in a comatose state, because when you are driving with Panam and Mitch pulls up and you great him, he talks about he told everyone that he would be fine in the Panzer by himself. Panam mentions he was near that confident afterwards, that he was out for two weeks healing up. I guess they V hooked up with some Iv's to keep him alive.

I also wonder if the same amount of time passed when you get the ending where you wake up in the mansion with her. Probably not but just something I thought about.

I guess I would have liked to have seen or been told what happend right after Mikoshi with V instead of a couple weeks after.

Switching up gears here, something I've been thinking about. It's about the ending, particularly the Star ending. Did Panam know V would wake up there, in her truck? And you'd think she would be very excited to see him emerge from her truck. That she'd be so happy and relieved that V finally came regained consciousness.I believe it's been atleast two weeks that V has been in a comatose state, because when you are driving with Panam and Mitch pulls up and you great him, he talks about he told everyone that he would be fine in the Panzer by himself. Panam mentions he was near that confident afterwards, that he was out for two weeks healing up. I guess they V hooked up with some Iv's to keep him alive.

I also wonder if the same amount of time passed when you get the ending where you wake up in the mansion with her. Probably not but just something I thought about.

I guess I would have liked to have seen or been told what happend right after Mikoshi with V instead of a couple weeks after.
As far as I remember Star epilogue was placed nearest to the Mikoshi events. About 3-4 weeks after probably. It correlates with Mitch recovery. But I think V wakes up much earlier after Mikoshi. And that what wake up in the truck was just "cliffhanger" type way to keep us in the feeling "Did we succeed?".

Where Sun ending was placed maybe 4-5 months after Mikoshi. If I remember correctly V said there s/he has only a month or two left of life.

I can't say if the whole of Arizona would be an extension but, we'd all like it to be I think. Knowing that in terms of height, it would be less dense than NightCity. What to work by spreading out rather than by condensing. Just like the Badlands.

On the French version of the credits, Panam tells V that she can't go back to camp tonight (V is at the camp with the others). Blocked by a sandstorm. They have to wait until it ends.

They had something planned, an intimate moment together. She lets him know that it's hard for her to be Chief, it's harder than she had imagined. Finally that she is very lucky to have him, that V can't imagine what it means to her ... before Mitch cuts her off "The storm is coming, communication off in 30s". In conclusion: she promised V she would make it up to him.

Mitch's message, he is surprised and happy to have succeeded in the heist Arasaka. He doesn't really seem to dwell on the loss of life. He says it's thanks to V because he led the charge, he's the most awesome and "Badass" solo, from Pacifica to Appalachia.

He doesn't know where V is right now or what he has planned. But that they would go to hell for him if he asked them.

In my opinion, Panam's message is the one to consider because Mitch's is very generic. I think it's an error of CD Projekt, the message is not personalized at all according to the end (V leaves Nightcity with Mitch and Panam and joins the Aldecaldos....).

Edit : I had forgotten Misty's message: She draws the cards the chariot, the lovers and the sun. She says a good life awaits her in the Badlands.

Agreed, the term "end" is not appropriate. Some messages are generic and I don't consider it ambiguous the message from Mitch. I think that when the game was released not everything was done. This is the case of mitch's. His message is completely off the mark, very generic, even though we were with him an hour ago (I exaggerate). Or maybe it's while piloting the basilisks alone that the overload fried part of his brain. Hence the loss of memory.

A little extra detail, the message of Panam is very personalized, the frame changes and It fits perfectly with the story. If I have to choose between two contradictory messages (Panam who is with Mitch and probably other Aldecaldos, and Mitch alone), I will base myself on Panam's which is perfectly logical and fits the events.

View attachment 11199154
Yes, I also think Pam's message is bugged, the background of the message is quite bright and the silhouette of Panama is completely shaded.
I see no other logical explanation for the obscuration of her figure.
V is in the camp, it looks like the message was weeks after leaving NC. V and the rest of Aldecaldos are already in the camp in Arizona and Panam with Mitch were on some mission.
Panam and V don't have time for each other, which is sad because we have written many times in this thread how great it will be as V and Pam will have time only for each other (time for dancing, time for star gazing, time for cooking together). Panam is busy leading the family and certainly looking for a cure for V. V looking for a way to heal and also has a lot to do in the new camp.

Any idea what the drawn pistons on the back of the car mean? Maybe it's the number of missions completed, or the number of enemies defeated.

Yes, I also think Pam's message is bugged, the background of the message is quite bright and the silhouette of Panama is completely shaded.
I see no other logical explanation for the obscuration of her figure.

I think it might be intentional tbh. The mystery of her silhouette goes well with the mystery/ambiguity of her voicemail and how abruptly it gets cut off). Like she doesn't tell us where she is apart from something vague. She mentions "plans" but the player doesn't know what these plans are.

Compare it with Judy's voicemail where you get a full environmental background. You can tell that Fem V and Judy are having a good time wherever they are based on the way Judy communicates. Also I'm pretty sure V is in the other room so we can at least deduce that V is alive/somewhat healthy and happy. It feels a bit more....conclusive.

With Judy's voicemail I'm wondering:
  • "Gee they're having fun. I wonder what are they're cooking in the kitchen".

With Panam's voicemail I'm thinking:
  • "Where is V?"
  • "Where is Panam?"
  • "What plans?"
  • "You're the clan chieftain now? What's our next move?"
  • "Why is she so shrouded? Why did the developers cut off her voicemail with the storm when there are so many unanswered questions?"

I don't want to spread false hope but based on Panam's voicemail (the mystery, ambiguity and how little is actually revealed) I think the developers have more plans for her. As it stands it's a little cliffhangery.

edit: sorry for writing so much

I think it might be intentional tbh. The mystery of her silhouette goes well with the mystery/ambiguity of her voicemail and how abruptly it gets cut off). Like she doesn't tell us where she is apart from something vague. She mentions "plans" but the player doesn't know what these plans are.

Compare it with Judy's voicemail where you get a full environmental background. You can tell that Fem V and Judy are having a good time wherever they are based on the way Judy communicates. Also I'm pretty sure V is in the other room so we can at least deduce that V is alive/somewhat healthy and happy. It feels a bit more....conclusive.

• "Where is V?"
  • "Where is Panam?"
  • "What plans?"
  • "Why is she so shrouded? Why did the developers cut off her voicemail with the storm when there are so many unanswered questions?"
I suppose. As far as her being the head of the clan, that we already knew would happen, since Saul made her second in command and talking with the other Nomads in the train mission "A little help from my friends" I think is what it was called. They were talking about how they were training her to be a good clan leader. You do bring up a good point that kinda irritates me a bit lol, that Judy and I think everyone else besides Panam gets a good/ decent voicemail at the end. The fact that Panam's romance is cut short and is the only one to have that happen to, we don't know her background at all really, she almost dies twice or we think she was about to or did and the voice mail left is a bit of an uneasy feeling and also cut very short. And honestly, Panam's romance is more fleshed out in ways than others but then again it's really not. Just think about all the moments you get to talk with her just one on one and the times you get to hold her in your arms. Can't think of any times it happened or happened that much with the other LI.

It like "what the h*ll CDPR?" I really hope it's because they have big plans for her and the romance, like what they have planned will make up for all of that stuff, I hope. Because Panam is IMO "The fan-favorite" or at least arguably so. She won that best NPC award of all gaming (or something like that ) for a reason. Sorry for the rant and this wasn't directed at you @stndn at all, just me venting a little because of the good point you brought up with the voice mails especially Judys. As it stands right now it just doesn't seem fair for the people who chose Panam as their love interest. But like you said hopefully there a reason for it and it will be addressed in an amazing way in the expansion. Panam deserves it, V deserves it, and we deserve it.

Again sorry for the rant. Wasn't directed at anyone, just need to get it out.

Last edited:
And honestly, Panam's romance is more fleshed out in ways than others
Just think about all the moments you get to talk with her just one on one and the times you get to hold her in your arms. Can't think of any times it happened or happened that much with the other LI.
As it stands right now it just doesn't seem fair for the people who chose Panam as their love interest.
See the problem here?

• "Where is V?"
  • "Where is Panam?"
  • "What plans?"

I don't want to spread false hope but based on Panam's voicemail (the mystery, ambiguity and how little is actually revealed) I think the developers have more plans for her. As it stands it's a little cliffhangery.

edit: sorry for writing so much
It looks like a bug to me, but you might be right. The creator of the game would not be able to correct such a small error as lighting and only in one scene? Maybe they just said the lack of lighting didn't matter and added extra mystery to this voicemail - that's why they didn't fix it.
Okay, as I keep thinking about it, I am inclined to the deliberate action of the game developers :D
The voice message from Judy is very positive. Judy himself laughs that she tapes you a message while you're in the next room cooking food - great scene.
The voicemail from Panam is really dark, we don't know anything, how you mentioned only questions, no answers. Maybe this is a clue that the adventure with Aldecaldos and Panam is just beginning?
I suppose. As far as her being the head of the clan, that we already knew would happen, since Saul made her second in command and talking with the other Nomads in the train mission "A little help from my friends" I think is what it was called. They were talking about how they were training her to be a good clan leader. You do bring up a good point that kinda irritates me a bit lol, that Judy and I think everyone else besides Panam gets a good/ decent voicemail at the end. The fact that Panam's romance is cut short and is the only one to have that happen to, we don't know her background at all really, she almost dies twice or we think she was about to or did and the voice mail left is a bit of an uneasy feeling and also cut very short. And honestly, Panam's romance is more fleshed out in ways than others but then again it's really not. Just think about all the moments you get to talk with her just one on one and the times you get to hold her in your arms. Can't think of any times it happened or happened that much with the other LI.

It like "what the h*ll CDPR?" I really hope it's because they have big plans for her and the romance, like what they have planned will make up for all of that stuff, I hope. Because Panam is IMO "The fan-favorite" or at least arguably so. She won that best NPC award of all gaming (or something like that ) for a reason. Sorry for the rant and this wasn't directed at you @stndn at all, just me venting a little because of the good point you brought up with the voice mails especially Judys. As it stands right now it just doesn't seem fair for the people who chose Panam as their love interest. But like you said hopefully there a reason for it and it will be addressed in an amazing way in the expansion. Panam deserves it, V deserves it, and we deserve it.

Again sorry for the rant. Wasn't directed at anyone, just need to get it out.
You're right, the Panama romance is more elaborate than the others, but at the same time a lot of things have been cut, for example: we know very little about Panama's past.
Therefore, it seems logical that (but is it true?): the developers are just going to explain it all to us during the DLC and the continuation of the game. The DLC will focus on saving V, in the continuation of the game (CP2078 or whatever they call it) we could spend a large part of the time on the relationship only between Panama and Vincent.

Long posts are great, no need to apologize for.

not sure why you felt the need to cut off the end of that particular sentence but leave the others intact?
Because the end contradicts the next sentence.

You cherry picking what I'm saying and taking them out of context.
No.

How is Panam having the best romance, strictly from a romance standpoint, not fair to you? It's quite the opposite, actually. It's not fair for everyone else that picked anyone but Panam.

Because the end contradicts the next sentence.

No.

How is Panam having the best romance, strictly from a romance standpoint, not fair to you? It's quite the opposite, actually. It's not fair for everyone else that picked anyone but Panam.
because the entire arc is wide as an ocean interaction wise but deep as a puddle backstory wise. We know the past of every other character besides panam.

There is no reason to start another fight about romance options.
Both Panam and Judy had the same "screen time", but both in a different way. We've met them during main quests, but Kerry and River were involved in side quests, but even they have similar length quest lines I think.

We spend more time with Panam face to face, but Judy has more and longer messages and more fleshed-out phone calls. As @zinganza said, we know the past of every romance character besides Panam. But that what we have got with her backstory might be a trade-off because she was a key character in one of the endings.

Top Bottom