Patch Notes 11.6

+
Last edited:
Didn't know, thanks. Guess it should also be in the game because most people can't be expected to bother reading notes. Or even better just enable progression in training mode as well.

It IS in the game if only people read the “i” notes

Attachments

• 1E58051A-02D6-4469-BCD9-A3EF4B68F101.jpeg
    1E58051A-02D6-4469-BCD9-A3EF4B68F101.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 61
  • DB171E6E-FAAC-4C99-8C53-118C2AAE9ADB.jpeg
    DB171E6E-FAAC-4C99-8C53-118C2AAE9ADB.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 52
i had to drop Gwent because of craziness of this patch
Pls fix crazy Equinox to let me return
Massive joke patch, on the brink of uninstalling as well. If you aren't going to do a good job, better not touch anything at all. Just let the players balance things and pull the plug early. NOT A SINGLE PERSON who plays this game competitively would have thought this was balanced. I thought we established with Nauziscaa Sergeants that replayable 10 for 5 with proccs was not something desirable for the game. Yet here we are again with something even worse.

Hire testers or stop making "balancing" patches. A lot of people in the top 200 would be happy to test things for you FOR FREE before you release these kind of game breaking patches, reach out to the players, the people who actually play the game and understand how it works.

Seems like the devs didnt think one broken simlas combo is enough and had to introduce an even more ridiculous one :facepalm:.

Another stupid binary deck that only relies on one broken card/combo.

And its kind of funny how people always complain about NG cards that play for 10 points at 6 Provision considering this totally broken and the easiest faction but the Same people seem to enjoy this 12 point 5 provision easy to copy and even more easy to replay SC nonsense.

In Ranked i meet the following decks:

NG Imprisonment Renfri+Triss
NG Imprisonment Cultists
NG Enslave 6
NG Enslave 5
NG Tactical Mill
NG Assimilate Double Cross
NG Tousaintois hybrid
NG Imperial Formation Soldiers

and the occasional NG Ball, NG Imposter

For the other factions:
SK Sove
NR Reavers
ST Simlas Equinox

and maybe a MO with Cat or SK Shrooms and one brave warrior with SY Bounty

better not touch anything at all. Just let the players balance things and pull the plug earlier
You don't really think that the community balance feature with voting for +/- 1 Provision/Power changes will be enough to balance the Game with all the overtuned nonsense they added over the last 2 Years.

I think when they announced the support drop they also should had reverted the game to the state it was in when the Way of the Witcher expansion came out and used the remaining time to bring back the Cards they released afterwards balanced around that WotW power level and rework some of the more problematic Card's entirely, during that time the game was at least somewhat balanced and didn't had this insanely huge pointswings which require almost no built up.

I think CDPR is great at designing cards and terrible at balancing them. I remember when they nerfed the worst scenario in the game - Haunt when it hadn't seen play for years just for the sake of making it 14 provisions which was the cost of all scenarios back then. That told me there was no play testing involved, just doing balancing to fit whatever 1-2 devs wanted to do, regardless of the impact on the game.

This patch is embarrassing, we went from the same meta for months to 1 OP deck stomping on all others. A 12 for 5 which is replayble 4-5 times is nuts. Unfortunately the game is about to end soon (their Support team looks to have been laid off) so the devs don't put too much effort into supporting the game anymore and just buff the decks they want to play so we get busted cards. I guess once they do their Symbiosis contracts they'll buff another OP deck so they can clear those contracts as well until end of support.

Funny how people are reacting to 12 for 5 as if that's some sort of new thing that's never been seen before. Or a 40-point swing. Relax folks, it's ST, so it's definitely getting nerfed next patch.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Funny how people are reacting to 12 for 5 as if that's some sort of new thing that's never been seen before. Or a 40-point swing. Relax folks, it's ST, so it's definitely getting nerfed next patch.
If 10 for 6 with a condition is already too much for some people, then 12 for 5 with an (arguably) easier one is definitely over the top. Every faction would get a nerf here.

If 10 for 6 with a condition is already too much for some people, then 12 for 5 with an (arguably) easier one is definitely over the top. Every faction would get a nerf here.
Oh, every faction? Has Warlord been nerfed? How's the condition on that one?

That's not a flat 12 for 5. Incredibly low tempo when played.
No, you're right. It actually plays for more, due to veteran tags. You know I would actually LOVE it if the Equinox, when it gets inevitably nerfed, got "nerfed" into something like "Boost a unit by 4 AND increase effect of ALL nature cards in your deck by 1. So low tempo.

No, you're right. It actually plays for more, due to veteran tags. You know I would actually LOVE it if the Equinox, when it gets inevitably nerfed, got "nerfed" into something like "Boost a unit by 4 AND increase effect of ALL nature cards in your deck by 1. So low tempo.
Yep, very low tempo. And falls off a lot if not played early on. I'm fine with this change, even though it's just copying another card's ability. I think there are more nature cards than raid cards though, so you'd have to adjust it a little bit, especially looking at Aucwenn.

Yep, very low tempo. And falls off a lot if not played early on. I'm fine with this change, even though it's just copying another card's ability. I think there are more nature cards than raid cards though, so you'd have to adjust it a little bit, especially looking at Aucwenn.
It doesn't matter how many cards there are. You can't have more than 12 in a deck either way.

It doesn't matter how many cards there are. You can't have more than 12 in a deck either way.
Yeah, but I've never seen SK decks with 12 raid cards, unlike the ST ones with nature cards. 12 for 5 immediately and even then multiple uses of the very same card are just too much. Gives me Crossbowman vibes who got hotfixed pretty fast. And Nauzicaas got a nerf, formerly being 10 for 5 with a condition. Such nerfs even happen to NG.

Yeah, but I've never seen SK decks with 12 raid cards, unlike the ST ones with nature cards. 12 for 5 immediately and even then multiple uses of the very same card are just too much. Gives me Crossbowman vibes who got hotfixed pretty fast. And Nauzicaas got a nerf, formerly being 10 for 5 with a condition. Such nerfs even happen to NG.
You can't seem to decide between the two arguments. So you think immediate 12 going into a tall unit is superior to SK way of splitting value between multiple cards (which I disagree with, btw), yet at the same time you're saying that if Equinox was to be reworked into this inferior "SK" way, it would need to ALSO be immediately nerfed? Which kind of proves the point I was semi-jokingly referring to. "Because ST can't have OP things."

And yes, sargeant got nerfed, and so did the blightmaker, which was once "immediate" 11 for 5, but overall I don't think NG can compete in the speed of nerfs with ST. Harvest, sorcs, milva, farseer, vanadain lasted exactly one season untouched, and that's just off the top of my head. Also, slave driver into sargeant is still a 10 for 5.

You can't seem to decide between the two arguments. So you think immediate 12 going into a tall unit is superior to SK way of splitting value between multiple cards (which I disagree with, btw), yet at the same time you're saying that if Equinox was to be reworked into this inferior "SK" way, it would need to ALSO be immediately nerfed? Which kind of proves the point I was semi-jokingly referring to. "Because ST can't have OP things."

And yes, sargeant got nerfed, and so did the blightmaker, which was once "immediate" 11 for 5, but overall I don't think NG can compete in the speed of nerfs with ST. Harvest, sorcs, milva, farseer, vanadain lasted exactly one season untouched, and that's just off the top of my head. Also, slave driver into sargeant is still a 10 for 5.
ST decks right now run 12 nature cards while SK doesn't do that with raids: Equinox would tend to find more value than Warlord per game. Maybe it's no problem at all, I was just considering this aspect. NOT because it's ST. There is no "ST conspiracy", and I didn't specifically say it because I'm (subconsciously) part of it lol. I still recall ST players criticizing Simlas for being bad and now he's one of the most versatile cards ever. I don't want to argue about the "speed" of nerfs, but addressing overperforming cards as fast as possible is never a bad idea. Again, not because it's ST....

Give it doomed and this will be just a overperformed card, not a crazy gamebreaker as now.
If i were developer, i would recognize change this card to Clear Sky ability, and return Clear Sky it`s sense, clear all row effects.

Top Bottom