People I think need to give CDPR a chance I think they've earned it.

+
I was thinking before why couldn't they just have released the game on PC and said console side isn't ready yet. Other games of done this (flight simulator) or the opposite (release on console then of port). I think at least some would have understood if they gave this explanation. Now everyone is more upset than before.

About 40h in, such a great game. Some bugs. Some inconveniences. (yet?)
Nothing that warrants all this hate. This only leads to "more of the same" games like EA pushes out or the next CoDx with minimal changes.
I wonder why people can't accept this is not witcher 3 and also not GTA.
Keep it up CPR!

Not Witcher 3, Not Gta, but certainly not Cyberpunk 2077 that all were waiting.....

The mistakes are management based imho.
Lotta people seem to agree. And CDPR is almost famous for poor management at this point. Both during W3's development and now CP2077.

Even more so if you look at glassdoors reviews. Which while taken with a grain of salt make way too much sense now in context years later.

Their development team is clearly excellent. All issues with the game are very clearly a lack of time rather than the developers doing something badly, which yeah management problem.

Mark my words this is all about discrimination and the fact that a European developer can make a better game than the Triple A Americans. There has been some power play here to isolate them and potentially take them out. It is actually disgusting.

The game industry is all about money nowadays the big publishers pay the big review companies money for stars out of ten

???

Yeah as a Slav myself, or specifically a Russian, that is one confusing statement. If we're talking non US games being big theres Ubisoft as an example. Not a lot of big studios here in Europe for a variety of reasons. But its not due to discrimination.

Eurojank and slavjank are terms that exist for good reason.

This however is all about CP2077 being a fun, allbeit horribly rushed and broken game due to management staff.

I think everyone needs a second chance. EVERYONE!

We had phenomenal examples of games that were poorly delivered and today they are GOOD games after thousands updates and fixes.
Like No Man's Sky that started very bad at launch, but the team focused on fixing the problems instead of looking for excuses.
And today, No Man's Sky is a pretty cool game. Not my style, but a cool game.

CB2077's team needs to step up and show us their plans for the game, and fast.
I know they came from a long way working with no pause at all, but they've compromised themselves with the public.
They're professionals, and now is the time to act like professionals.

They'll be criticized a lot, mocked...but they need to face it.

We need a plan like:
"Day 4, we'll be fixing this and this."
"Day 5, there and there."
With details, no vague statements.

This will give back some trust to the people, showing us that they know where lives the problem and are looking for it.

We don't need an statement about obvious fixes, but transparency and compromising!

Lets be honest here, most people are giving CDPR a second chance. But the anger comes with that second chance not without.

There is tons great about the game, what they finished of it. Like environmental story telling and some hidden vehicles in the world. Some parts of the world you can find that tell a story and often have a note. I've run into some truly fucked up stuff just... exploring? More impactful than anything from quests.

All that stuff is great, and I can't wait to see what the game will be like when its actually finished. Because bugs are the smallest issue with CP2077 in my honest opinion.

I'm willing to give them a chance, but understand that this whole thing has left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I own every CDPR game and even purchased a few duplicates on GOG just to support them, I also try to purchase anything I can from GOG instead of Steam. It feels like I've been lied to, cheated, and used. The trailers, sneak peeks, Night City WIre, and pre launch reviews were all extremely misleading. I'm sure most of you have seen and read all the threads here and on Reddit about cut content/promised content vs what we have now.

I hope they pull a NMS and make this right, but even if they do - the taste isn't going away. This is the first and last CDPR game I preorder and I'm seriously rethinking preferring GOG. I really thought CDPR were the "good guys", ironic that this game's narrative is so relevant atm.

Guest 4406876

About 40h in, such a great game. Some bugs. Some inconveniences. (yet?)
Nothing that warrants all this hate. This only leads to "more of the same" games like EA pushes out or the next CoDx with minimal changes.
I wonder why people can't accept this is not witcher 3 and also not GTA.
Keep it up CPR!
And this ladies and gents is one of the reasons we won't have any relevant videogame with actual gameplay in it in the near future.

Btw happy that you like the game.
Some people like to eat fries with whipped cream and chocolate so i'm not surprised.

This game doesn't even qualify as the usual "more of the same EA or others push out every day".
It's in the same page of Anthem.

If I didn't give them a chance, I wouldn't be playing it. Photomode is the best thing that I love in the game by far, that and the characters and level of details.

I still plan on playing this game, but they need to start transparency for players.
Bad decisions such as forced censoring shouldn't be ignored. I'm glad I can mod it out on PC, but should be across the board in all platforms.

Other problems/feedback that are listed in the nice constructive list on the suggestion board need to be looked at by management.

We need a step by step transparent discussion with CDPR and its players.

Each and every step of the way has to be laid out with pros and cons, and what is feasible for technology standards and what is not. (my opinion, if it can't be programed for technology reasons would be the only excuse I can see, policy doesn't hold water anymore and shouldn't be excused).

Took a page out of Biowares book with mismanagement specifically for some reason. I'm not sure if its funny or sad that this is becoming a trend amongst RPG devs, or just the industry.

Honestly a lot about the game is great, with a ton of potential that's hidden away by a very clear lack of time to finish just about anything. Its sad, truly heartbreaking. Perhaps this is why management shouldn't also be on the board of directors.

The more I play, the more potential I see in the game. It really says a lot about how excellent the folk in CDPR are considering how despite the abysmal, inexcusable state of the game, it's still fun. How in this absolute worst state possible, it's still fun. It's impossible to ignore the amazing work the developers put into it because of that. It's not a good game by any means but it is the roughest gem that an expert gemcutter just didn't have time to finish cutting.
1608370730500.png

Like damn, massive kudos to the team (management excluded) for doing the best they could.

The devs don't need a second chance because they did nothing wrong. They did the best damn job they could.
Management doesn't need a second chance because this was their second chance. And their response, once again, being vague and noncommittal says a lot if true. Third strike and you're out as they say, then again devs raised concern in 2018 so perhaps this is the fourth chance.

Guest 4406876

If I didn't give them a chance, I wouldn't be playing it. Photomode is the best thing that I love in the game so far, that and the characters and level of details.

I still plan on playing this game, but they need to start transparency for players.
Bad decisions such as forced censoring shouldn't be ignored. I'm glad I can mod it out on PC, but should be across the board in all platforms.

Other problems/feedback that are listed in the nice constructive list on the suggestion board need to be looked at by management.

We need a step by step transparent discussion with CDPR and its players.
Each and every step of the way has to be laid out with pros and cons, and what is feasible for technology standards and what is not. (my opinion, if it can't be programed for technology reasons would be the only excuse I can see, policy doesn't hold water anymore and shouldn't be excused, there are broken promises that have to be fulfilled).
You know what makes me pissed most of all?
This is an example:

That you are a developer, and you design all these models of cars...etc, you spend AGES in doing that, and in the end no one uses them because there's no point in using them properly because gameplay design is trash.
Roach was a single horse (not customizable) and yet more important gameplay wise and pleasant to use (as it was your REAL companion).
Cars aren't alive companions, if they don't serve some basic purposes and gameplay doesn't have any elements for them to be enjoyable they serve no purpose.
Not even the basics of owning a car are in the game. As many other parts of the game, well let's say all of it.
Besides Scripted movie like sequences with invincible enemies till the game tells you they can die.
And this isn't devs fault. It's game design fault.

Disclaimer: People sending death threats to other people need to be incarcerated and removed from society.

This doesn't have to be used as an excuse anyways to be allowed to do a piss poor job and make it pass as masterpiece. This is culturally offensive and insults people's intelligence, and this leads for said people to be way less generous with their wallets (at least in my case) from now on.

The game has positives that aren't mentioned so often because they don't fill up a list of more than 5 entries.

You know what makes me pissed most of all?
This is an example:

That you are a developer, and you design all these models of cars...etc, you spend AGES in doing that, and in the end no one uses them because there's no point in using them properly because gameplay design is trash.
Roach was a single horse (not customizable) and yet more important gameplay wise and pleasant to use (as it was your REAL companion).
Cars aren't alive companions, if they don't serve some basic purposes and gameplay doesn't have any elements for them to be enjoyable they serve no purpose.
Not even the basics of owning a car are in the game. As many other parts of the game, well let's say all of it.
Besides Scripted movie like sequences with invincible enemies till the game tells you they can die.
And this isn't devs fault. It's game design fault.

Disclaimer: People sending death threats to other people need to be incarcerated and removed from society.

This doesn't have to be used as an excuse anyways to be allowed to do a piss poor job and make it pass as masterpiece. This is culturally offensive and insults people's intelligence, and this leads for said people to be way less generous with their wallets (at least in my case) from now on.

The game has positives that aren't mentioned so often because they don't fill up a list of more than 5 entries.

Yeah I do agree that technically speaking you don't need a single car in the game, just your own two legs and the fast travel points. Speaking of a gameplay aspect.

For roleplay and story, there is some importance to some vehicles. Its their way of life being a Nomad for an example. Some vehicles, no spoilers, do serve a purpose of the story as well.

For the player, it should be a collector deal. Granted this isn't GTA and never was meant to be like GTA, but it would have been a bit nicer if you can view your vehicle collection better than a summon menu. Would give a greater appreciation to the amazing work the designers did on the vehicles.

Any opinion of anyone who does this is invalid. If you send death threats to people over anything you don't deserve to be heard. You need to step away from the internet, look in the mirror and re-evaluate your life. Because if you get angry enough over something like a video game to think its remotely ok to send people death threats you have issues.

You can criticize the game, and the choices that led to the state of the game. To a very lesser extent the people so long as it is done constructively and without attacking them. Saying someone should be fired as an example is not constructive criticism.

make it pass as masterpiece
I'll piggyback off this into a small rant...

I'll be honest: Calling this game a masterpiece feels to me like an insult to the development team. Because they are excellent at what they do, and can do a lot better. W3 was a lot better put together all in all than CP2077. They put blood, sweat and tears into the game as they say, and as we heard. And if reporting and rumours are to be believed, which should be taken with a grain of salt, even they aren't happy with the state of the game. Which makes sense as people tend to be their own greatest critics and there's a lot to criticize.

There is a difference between a game being capable of becoming a masterpiece and being a masterpiece. This game clearly has the ability to be a masterpiece when finished. It could have been a masterpiece. The proof of this is how it's fun despite being absolutely busted. But that doesn't mean it is a masterpiece or a good game. Just that the devs had something great on their hands.

Guest 4406876

Yeah I do agree that technically speaking you don't need a single car in the game, just your own two legs and the fast travel points. Speaking of a gameplay aspect.

For roleplay and story, there is some importance to some vehicles. Its their way of life being a Nomad for an example. Some vehicles, no spoilers, do serve a purpose of the story as well.

For the player, it should be a collector deal. Granted this isn't GTA and never was meant to be like GTA, but it would have been a bit nicer if you can view your vehicle collection better than a summon menu. Would give a greater appreciation to the amazing work the designers did on the vehicles.
I understand perfectly what you say but comparing to GTA doesn't work.

GTA isn't a game that is comparable to the spirit of what CDPR wanted to do BUT:
If you make a game in an urban metropolis in 2077 you can't completely disregard what an urban environment REQUIRES.

Yes they included the most useless of those requirements , and they don't matter for gameplay at all (or don't work, pick one).

I understand perfectly what you say but comparing to GTA doesn't work.

GTA isn't a game that is comparable to the spirit of what CDPR wanted to do BUT:
If you make a game in an urban metropolis in 2077 you can't completely disregard what an urban environment REQUIRES.

Yes they included the most useless of those requirements , and they don't matter for gameplay at all (or don't work, pick one).

I apologize but it wasn't the intent of mine to compare GTA like that. As I said it was never meant to be GTA.
Just a feature to display your cars wouldn't make it GTA. It just would be a nice feature.

I only mentioned GTA because a lot of negativity and hate of the game came from people expecting this to be GTA 6 when it never was.

Guest 4406876

Any opinion of anyone who does this is invalid. If you send death threats to people over anything you don't deserve to be heard. You need to step away from the internet, look in the mirror and re-evaluate your life. Because if you get angry enough over something like a video game to think its remotely ok to send people death threats you have issues.

You can criticize the game, and the choices that led to the state of the game. To a very lesser extent the people so long as it is done constructively and without attacking them. Saying someone should be fired as an example is not constructive criticism.

I'll piggyback off this into a small rant...

I'll be honest: Calling this game a masterpiece feels to me like an insult to the development team. Because they are excellent at what they do, and can do a lot better. W3 was a lot better put together all in all than CP2077. They put blood, sweat and tears into the game as they say, and as we heard. And if reporting and rumours are to be believed, which should be taken with a grain of salt, even they aren't happy with the state of the game. Which makes sense as people tend to be their own greatest critics and there's a lot to criticize.

There is a difference between a game being capable of becoming a masterpiece and being a masterpiece. This game clearly has the ability to be a masterpiece when finished. It could have been a masterpiece. The proof of this is how it's fun despite being absolutely busted. But that doesn't mean it is a masterpiece or a good game. Just that the devs had something great on their hands.
I never trust a single under the counter reporting etc, If I was for real working in there, and pissed as an hamster on a spinning wheel, I'd come out with my name on the first page of -"insert your fav gaming news website here"- and say it.
Some people chicken out because they can't afford to lose their jobs, and it's understandable (especially now).

What I care about is what my eyes are seeing real time on a monitor, and what my experience is.

Also from a developer standpoint I'd be inclined to agree that bad critics about something I do, are to be held like a treasure, because they really make me grow, and also they really give me a hindsight in what happened and to make anything I'll do (even in the future or somewhere else) better.

I support(ed) CDPR for what they tried to be, or that make me think they wanna be, and that's why I'm here (still waiting for my account to be removed as I requested) to HELP them for REAL in my limited capabilties using a forum, when I could just not give a damn about them , say with my friends the game sucked hard, and move on lying to CDPR saying it's good, or simply not even let them know at all.

And seriously, and this is real feedback as a customer, do better with your marketing and be more transparent, pretty pls, because not everyone is so gifted to really understand what they are gonna get.
Post automatically merged:

I apologize but it wasn't the intent of mine to compare GTA like that. As I said it was never meant to be GTA.
Just a feature to display your cars wouldn't make it GTA. It just would be a nice feature.

I only mentioned GTA because a lot of negativity and hate of the game came from people expecting this to be GTA 6 when it never was.
Don't worry and don't you dare say sorry to me ever in this forum. I don't get offended at all. Only way you have to offend me is by smashing a bottle on my head on the street and call my mother (or wife) a "worker".

This being said I understand what you mean and I agree 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom