Pillars of Eternity

+
Blothulfur said:
Looked on the forums, allready half a dozen threads blathering on about fucking romances, yeah that's what's important. Hopefully they'll not listen to all that shit, ignore the demographic pleasing polotically correct checklist and make the game they want.

Dear Obsidian i'm a transgender hermaphroditic zlarg beast from the planet Booblywoop 5, who reproduces via sound wave (specifically Rick Astley,) please make a romance option for me. I feel that I must tell you every intimate detail of my private sexual life, so that you can better craft a character pleasing to me.

Dear Zlarg, please don't.

Let's hope Zlarg doesn't pledge 10000 dollars to get the option to make his very own romanceable NPC :D

Btw: The funding is almost done. 920000$ and counting... ^^

Astonishing. They are up to $926K!

As for STEAM. I am ok with that. They very reasonably want to reach as large an audience as they can. STEAM has treated the indies very well.

If it's only steam i'll just have to play my retail copy and gift the steam version to somebody, still i'll have the game so i'm not particularly bothered. Still prefer it DRM free on GOG.

Guest 2091327

Hopefully they'll come to their senses and get a version on GOG too. It's the only sensible platform for a game like that.

Very impressive funding so far though, guess they will blow the 1.1m goal to smithereens. Always wonder who give those wickedly high sums though. Do they do it themselves to bump it up quickly? Certainly no average games that are handing over 10,000 to a "maybe it will be good" game.

Pangaea said:
Very impressive funding so far though, guess they will blow the 1.1m goal to smithereens. Always wonder who give those wickedly high sums though. Do they do it themselves to bump it up quickly? Certainly no average games that are handing over 10,000 to a "maybe it will be good" game.

Wait, no gamer in his 30s - 40s is millionaire now so he/she can spend 10000 on a game and one day just drink coffee for breakfast instead of Dom Perignon? Come on :)

Blothulfur said:
Hopefully they'll not listen to all that shit, ignore the demographic pleasing polotically correct checklist and make the game they want

Well they could please both sides by having the NPC say "Piss off freak" when the player tries to initiate a standard Biodrone 'romance' with said NPC. ;)

Blothulfur said:
Always wonder who give those wickedly high sums though. Do they do it themselves to bump it up quickly? Certainly no average games that are handing over 10,000 to a "maybe it will be good" game.

A vague rumor is that one of the $10,000 people is Notch from minecaft.

Either way, someone who is willing and able to hand over 10 grand on a whim probably doesn't have to worry about cash too much.

I never thought I'd bother with Kickstarter and then I saw this thread :p I pledged $35 towards it (figured it was worth a little extra for the soundtrack and digital artbook, but didn't want to spend more than that for the higher rewards).

The constant pausing "tactical" combat isn't my favorite, but it's not a deal-breaker for me and I'm interested in this game mainly because I expect the story to be very good.

And I'm fine with it being on Steam. I've had Steam for a few years and have a lot of games on it and it really doesn't give me that much trouble compared to other forms of DRM. Of course GOG would be better, but I can definitely live with Steam as long as they don't add anything extra on top of Steam (like GFWL or requiring an online connection even for single-player).

Blothulfur said:
Looked on the forums, allready half a dozen threads blathering on about fucking romances, yeah that's what's important. Hopefully they'll not listen to all that shit, ignore the demographic pleasing polotically correct checklist and make the game they want.

Dear Obsidian i'm a transgender hermaphroditic zlarg beast from the planet Booblywoop 5, who reproduces via sound wave (specifically Rick Astley,) please make a romance option for me. I feel that I must tell you every intimate detail of my private sexual life, so that you can better craft a character pleasing to me.

Dear Zlarg, please don't.

If that actually made it into the game I would probably choose that option just to see what would happen

Guest 2091327

Does Rick Astley still count as soundwaves though? I'm not so sure... :shudder:

Guest 2091327

Think I'll set one up as well. Would like a (new) house. Maybe a car too?

Well Josh Sawyer said he would sing a song when the Kickstarter hit it's goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-nUBcY6jQ8&feature=player_embedded

Damn, over 1.1 million dollars in less than a day :eek: :D So what happens now? They just keep collecting as much money as they can for a month and then they get to work on the game?

80Maxwell08 said:
Well Josh Sawyer said he would sing a song when the Kickstarter hit it's goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-nUBcY6jQ8&feature=player_embedded

Awesome :p

WardDragon said:
Damn, over 1.1 million dollars in less than a day :eek: :D So what happens now? They just keep collecting as much money as they can for a month and then they get to work on the game?

Awesome :p
Actually they got the 1.1 million in about 28 hours. Also they are going to update soon with stretch goals.

Well if they continue at this pace they could very well get 10 million by the time this is over. Wasteland 2 got 3 million after all and that company didn't have the fans Obsidian does. If they do get extensive voice acting I may get it myself, if not well whatever.

CostinMoroianu said:
Doubt it and if you were them would you?

I agree, I don't see why they'd cap it. The more money they get, the more freedom they'll have to make the game how they want to make it. The lower tier rewards don't really cost them anything anyway (a digital copy of the game itself, along with some digital extras) so there's no reason to put a limit on those.

CostinMoroianu said:
Well if they continue at this pace they could very well get 10 million by the time this is over. Wasteland 2 got 3 million after all and that company didn't have the fans Obsidian does. If they do get extensive voice acting I may get it myself, if not well whatever.
I kinda doubt that number. It's already slowed down quite a lot. Also I know quite a bit of people (myself included) who only gave to Wasteland 2 when Obsidian got involved. I wouldn't hope for the voice acting though considering when the option of voice acting came up on the Wasteland 2 forums nearly everyone didn't want them paying for it. Even the topic of the fans sending in voices for npcs didn't go over well.

Top Bottom