Place Sound

+
Place Sound

I want do a simple thing to place sound in my mod. I hear the sound in the editor, but when i get in the game it is so quiet like on a graveyard...

my problem with sound was not in being able to hear it ... that worked fine. my problem seems to be that i'm going overboard as once i've added all the sounds i want, my module starts to crash like there's no tomorrow and the only way to "fix" it seems to be to revert to the earlier version without all the ambient sounds.Now it is possible that something else (possibly my desperate attempts to also implement a flock of sheep) might be confusing things (focus is not always my best skill!) ... but is there some upper bound on the number of ambient sound events one can place in an area ? or even a "generally accepted limit"?... and off-topic, i know! but i mentioned them anyway ... are the sheep messed up ? should i just give up on my flock ?

I'm sorry not to be of much help this time - I'm switching on "spectator mode" and eagerly awaiting someone else to solve this. I've had no problems with sounds so far...

I've only used one sinlge sound so far, and the porperties where like yours, except for the 'seameless loop' that in mine was true and in yours I can't see AND the priority option (mine was stingers) Look at one detail, if you set a sound as 'unmaskable' in priority it may mean it covers all the other sounds around..... try changing that and use any other of the list, to try ... :wave:

I changed everything i could. Default, other prioities, etc. I changed positions and amb_*. I channged maps. Im reeeeeeeeally out of ideas. The only thing that works, is, to set the min-dist. over 20 and the max-dist. over 30.I will install the witcher new this week or weekend, and hope the best

for all those files, i keep them outside my data path and only move the ones i need to the data path when i need them.the only folders under Data that I have regularly are:CutscenesDialoguesDjinniFXMeshesmodulesMoviesmusicQuestsScriptsSoundsTexturesvoices

So am i. But where is your template-folder? Where are your Placeables and items?I have for example the unpacked:utp in data/Template/Placeables/utputi in data/Template/Items/utiutc in data/Templates/Charaters/utcetc.

all that stuff i keep outside the data path (i have a completely different folder structure that i just called unbif). I also downloaded all of NayAva's jpgs of what the models look like and i keep those in the same place.when i want to add something (anything) to the module, first i have a look at the jpgs to find out what the filename i need is, then i go to the appropropriate directories and find the files (sometimes there is just one, sometimes several related ... so i check all the ut* folders as well as the mdb folder, etc) and i copy over only those files i want to my data folder (just in the root of Data, or sometimes to a temporary folder i create and delete called "test", under Data)then i reload djinni (cuz i doesn't like me adding files while it is running) and i can then see them in the resource explorer and right click to add them to my module. Then i save the module, shut down djinni and delete those file copies right away. I realize this may be total overkill, but i've had such an awful time wrestling with djinni (less so since EE -- thank goodness!) that i tend to take extreme precautionsAfter i unpacked all files in the main key, i moved them ALL out of the data folder and to my unbif folder

you are right. djinni is not happy with to much files. its an overkill, but maybe i will do the same...

That was just a figure of speech, that I won't be helping much this time, as I can't really do anything for you, despite your trust. Sorry. :)

Don't give up, I'm sure, there is a solution... :)Maybe you have changed something in the prioritygroups.2da-file, that was wrong or simple things like this.You remember my post over in german forum? I have edited it... I first wrote some stuff, that was much complicated and then in the second thought, I thought about a much simplier way. My first thought was to change some things in the prioritygroups-file and in the properties of the waterfall sound, at last I deleted the whole priority.2da file from module and hear the sound, so I thought, that was it.But... I changed several things at the same time, so I don't really know, what the hell I have changed. In my second (simplier) thought, I changed the distance then....you know the rest.If you're still stuck, maybe it would help to place your mod somewhere here in forum for the people to have a look at it...you can also pass it over (the complete mod) to my website's service adress, but I can't promise, that I have enough time and I also can't promise, that I will find something out. :whistle:Well, I hear not one of my sounds since the EE in the Djinni, but it works in game, so I decided to not wonder about such things.Oh, and... I store my unbiffed stuff on the other HD, far away from Djinni.... ;) Like GameWidow said, this is the better way to avoid crashes... :teeth:

Do you think, there will be a djinni-update?Edit: after it doesnt work, i changed really things in the prioritygroups.2da(and the 2. sound was working). But dont ask me what for details...thanks a lot. I have to do a lot of things for my job now and im a little short of time. but next week i train more---

Top Bottom