Platform Discussion Thread

+

Which API do you think CP 2077 will use?

• Total voters
Hm, did CDPR announce TW3 for Nintendo switch? Is that some weird joke? After they borked Linux release, they'll port TW3 to Vulkan and Switch now? And of coruse, they'd rather release for everything and your toaster, but not Linux.

Linux is not the easiest to code for yes it has benefits over windows but support for it is lackluster at best. And in my networking and programing classes it was the most dreaded tasks to deal with

Support for what exactly? Coding for Linux is easier than for Windows, due to a lot cleaner APIs (ever heard of Win32 mess?). Lack of familiarity can be an issue, but that has nothing to do with difficulty. After hiring Windows developers for decades, dealing with Linux for CDPR will require learning or hiring new people naturally.

You can thank MS for schools IT capture, that causes many students not to be exposed to using Linux, until their university years.
Post automatically merged:

Lot's or recent comments: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cyberpunk_2077_on_linux
Post automatically merged:

So, after all these E3 updates, is there any info, what rendering API CDPR are using in CP2077?

Last edited:
I am just another user. I have a gaming laptop I7 7400 Gtx 1050 (4GB) 16GB ram, I have also a PS4, and i have in my plans too buy a switch. My question regarding platforms is if Cyberpunk 2077 will be better optimized on PS4 than on my laptop. I have seen the specs in which the demo runs and they're crazy. I dont think i will be able to afford a gaming desktop computer for April. I will like to support CD Projekt Red with a pre purchase but I will like to know in which platform it will be better optimized. Doesnt have to be fully accurate but If you guys tell me that PS4 as per my laptop specs will run better I will pre purchase on PS4 or at least if its on pre purchase let us know the minimum and advised specs for pc. Sorry for my bad English its my third language.

I am just another user. I have a gaming laptop I7 7400 Gtx 1050 (4GB) 16GB ram, I have also a PS4, and i have in my plans too buy a switch. My question regarding platforms is if Cyberpunk 2077 will be better optimized on PS4 than on my laptop. I have seen the specs in which the demo runs and they're crazy. I dont think i will be able to afford a gaming desktop computer for April. I will like to support CD Projekt Red with a pre purchase but I will like to know in which platform it will be better optimized. Doesnt have to be fully accurate but If you guys tell me that PS4 as per my laptop specs will run better I will pre purchase on PS4 or at least if its on pre purchase let us know the minimum and advised specs for pc. Sorry for my bad English its my third language.

Specs haven't been released yet, so there's no definitive answer that can be given.

The game is, however, planned to be available on present-gen consoles. That means your PC should be able to run it; you'll probably just have to configure the settings appropriately. What you have is still a leap anda bound beyond the processing power of the Xbox/PS4.

Suggestion for CDPR developers from one of the GOG users:

Man, just release it on Linux 1 week before everything else just for grins... how cyberpunk would that actually be? What kind of future cyborg will have windows installed on their implants???

Message from developers that you can get over scp from their Linux VM at internal-cdprojektred.com is a fun little joke, but the sad part is that there is nothing about Linux release in there.

Hi

What are your thoughts about cloud gaming?Are you excited?Im not a fan of it because there are too many downsides.Lg

Last edited:
Like, subscription based gaming such as netflix has movies? Google Stadia?

Not interested at all.

Baldur's Gate is MP Xcom 2, thats what I think. If they want to give that true D&D feeling to it. Of course its gonna be turn-based, just like PnP playing, first its Campaing Leader, then first player, then second player, then third player etc. What sucks they call it as "third" it probably means there isnt sequel coming, they didnt want to start new "era" of baldurs gate with this. This could be sweet, they say it has 200 guys working on it.
Im pretty sure bg won’t be turned based

Guest 3573786

Clipboard01.jpg

Say it ain's so CDPR :giveup:

Top Bottom