Players, do you have a hobby?

+
my hobby is making scale models. a hobby that I also discovered in Japan. normally reserved for men, I immediately loved mounting these parts of plastic, resin and photoetched parts. in 2003 I won a competition in the {armored} category. after prison, it was with great haste that I wanted to start over.
yes, my hobby as strange as it is, for a woman, is to make scale models of armored vehicles, airplanes and sometimes historic figurines.
Ha, yes, I did a lot of those as a child and stopped somewhere in my teens. Until the pandemic hit and I had nothing to do and was desperately looking for something to do at home, so I started again and had so much fun I must've build a hundred or so now - mostly those cute little WW1 fighters. :)

123700190_10224154635034729_1387510335924093282_n.jpg

My main hobby is photography though, but I'm mostly into portraits so the pandemic pretty much stopped that for a long time.
As for games, its becoming more and more sporadic, since I find it hard to find games I really like and stick with to the end. When I find one I'm becoming the typical unwashed basement kid not seeing the sun for weeks, but when I'm done I usually can't just grab the next one anymore, I've become too picky.

I've always loved collecting things since I was young. Nothing I am really big into collecting atm. I'd have to say the biggest hobby of mine atm is watching Football (the European kind). I love the Premier League. I also enjoy browsing around on the stock market and looking at companies I use on the regular to learn a bit more about them. And of course, video games too. :p

Talked about my hobby before but throught I'd post a picture of this I got today.

While I'm not one to buy things from Etsy I could not resist and I have to say this is a fantastic Skippy, so if you love the iconic gun I would highly recommend this one out of the few that are for sale on Etsy,

View attachment 11219231

That's so cool that I went and found the STL files for it and am going to print one up myself. One of my hobbies is 3D printing and I have 3 3D printers and a milling machine. One project I did about 2 years ago during the Covid lockdown was a Toyota RE22 motor driven by a small electric motor disguised as a starter so it has a working valve train and piston/crankshaft. It also has a working 5 speed transmission, a transfer box and drive shaft and differential. Things like the heads, manifolds, valve covers, transmission covers, etc have magnets embedded in them so you can pop them apart and easily look at the internals even when it is running. It even has 3D printed rubber-like belts to drive the fan blade, alternator, and A/C compressor which were extremely challenging to print.

Another scale modeller here! I started with Warhammer 40k when I was younger but then stopped when I had no one to play with. Getting back into it with the Games Workshop miniatures of the month as well as some real vehicles I like.

Reenactment is another hobby of mine. It's like LARP but with steel weapons. My group does the Viking and Saxon era so I get to dress up as either and hit people with an axe. We have combat training and we use blunt weapons so it's safe.

I go airsofting as well. I've got a few guns that I like, and there's a site near where my partner lives that's always been a good time. It's nice to have outdoors based hobbies.

I also used to read and write but not so much these days.

My hobby is gaming; it's how I spend most of my free time. Right now, that means playing Cyberpunk 2077!

That said, from time to time I do paint Warhammer 40k miniatures. I'm not planning on playing the tabletop, I'm just slowly collecting, building and painting an Adepta Sororitas army.

As i'am an artist as my "work", i should say that i paint minies sometimes as a hobby (i'am a beguiner on that and i'am on the Slaanesh side of the force. Favorite faction ? Emperor Children Noise Marines ! -still waiting for the new rules of Kill Team about the Noise marines unites)
I like reading (reading Illium from Dan Simmons and "The king in Yellow" from Chamber and " Hell raiser" from barker are waiting ).
I like cinema (SciFi yes but any film with a good subject, story and writing) and i am into gardening a bit too ( taking care of my outside fish tank made with a wine barel is one of my favorite thing on spring).

But, i think i like above all "story telling" and, in am an old fashion role player : rpg paper game ! I think this is my number one hobby !
And i obviously play to Cyberpunk 2020 and RED ! (still mwating for the french vershion of the last book from Talsorian.... But the french editor is quite lazy if you ask me...)

And.. well.. gaming btw....

Top Bottom