[ Poll ] Is the driving Fine or Unsatisfactory?

+

In my opinion the driving mechanics WITHOUT USING MODS are :

• Very good if you know how to do it right.

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • Fine.

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Playable but not as satisfactory as it should be.

Votes: 43 27.7%
  • Playable but extremely unintuitive, unrealistic and frustrating.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Not playable (must use mods).

Votes: 12 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who TF tought the driving was VERY GOOD!!?! Maybe if you have a controller, but M&K is fucking horrible. Its like running a Sherman at full speed on ice, using nothing but your luck to manouver.

Yeah, that's why I've voted for the Very Good, it's really fun for me on a controller.

Although Very Good is in the context of open world action adventure rpg type of games not compared to pure driving games like Forza, Project CARS or Assetto Corsa.

Yeah, that's why I've voted for the Very Good, it's really fun for me on a controller.

Although Very Good is in the context of open world action adventure rpg type of games not compared to pure driving games like Forza, Project CARS or Assetto Corsa.

With controller is acceptable, with keyboard is just a nightmare. Arcadey works better on open world games due how many obstacles you have to overcome and to be fair, downtown with a lot of traffic using realistic handling and power distribution whilst driving at 300+ Km/h would annoy a lot of people who are not into driving, lol.

I do agree with a toggle to make it more arcadey for keyboard and to tune up the physics on controller as a nice middle ground for both input methods.

PS.: Would really love the Aerondight to have a stash and not blind me whilst driving it at midday...

It's just not good (enough), and I see it as 'one' of the bugs that need fixing.
It's more frustrating because there are some good cars which handle a lot better than the average, such as the nomad Javelina.
Here are some bullet points:
  • most cars can drive underneath any other vehicle at a certain speed: this is not normal (!) and stupidly cartoonish
  • FOV when u are using 1st Person
  • turning/drifting in most cars feel like a spinning top
  • the outdoor / desert areas are just like driving on ice fields (except for nomad cars)
  • the slightest wobble or turn above a a certain speed level usually result in spawning cops, that other bug
    • u see, in some ways this game fits like a puzzle, unfortunately not in a good way!
      • bad minimap + bad FOV -> course correction -> wobble or spinning top turn -> NC denizen dead -> cops spawning
        yeslucas.gif
  • most cars suffer from an unusually irritating top speed engine noise, and since you reach that top speed fairly quickly it can get annoying really fast
So yeah, it's doable, but damn I had to get used to it. Still don't drive certain car types for the reasons mentioned... :cry:

With controller is acceptable, with keyboard is just a nightmare. Arcadey works better on open world games due how many obstacles you have to overcome and to be fair, downtown with a lot of traffic using realistic handling and power distribution whilst driving at 300+ Km/h would annoy a lot of people who are not into driving, lol.

I do agree with a toggle to make it more arcadey for keyboard and to tune up the physics on controller as a nice middle ground for both input methods.

PS.: Would really love the Aerondight to have a stash and not blind me whilst driving it at midday...

Yup, same problem I have with all the Quadra car lineup, it annoys me to no end as I enjoy driving from the first person perspective almost exclusively in all games.

And yeah I believe doing the same thing Test Drive Unlimited did eons ago with the normal arcade mode and more amped up (although somewhat buggy) Hardcore mode with proper weight transfer and traction simulation - and moon gravity physics :D would solve a lot of complaints.
Post automatically merged:

• most cars suffer from an unusually irritating top speed engine noise, and since you reach that top speed fairly quickly it can get annoying really fas

THIS a milion times!

The RPM audio is not right, the RPM audio as the speed itself on the top gear, need to gradually, but very, very slowly increase and not hit the highest mark as fast as they do at the moment.

There's a reason why most motor vehicles in real life have a limiter, because the way it works in CP2077 at the moment it sounds like the engine is going to blow if you keep it up at top speed.

Who TF tought the driving was VERY GOOD!!?! Maybe if you have a controller, but M&K is fucking horrible. Its like running a Sherman at full speed on ice, using nothing but your luck to manouver.

Dam, I should have made this Poll for PC only as the general conciseness seems to be console controllers are far better.
I believe in part because the controller can turn the wheels in gradations unlike PC and Keyboard.

Some people like to say "just get a controller for your PC" but if I wanted to use a "game paddle" I would not have purchased a PC. That would be like me telling a player to get a keyboard and mouse for shooting precision in their console games. It can be done but it should not be expected.

Post automatically merged:

Alternate history, it seems that everything is built around a dangerous ''you only live once'' sort of life style, I mean they have gun vending machines and stuff :D.

But yeah, having the option to turn on driving assits in the menu would go a long way (mostly traction control).

IT just makes sense both from the game world (AI driven cars) and if you are going to have controllers with aim assist you FOR GOD SAKE should also have it for Keyboard driving!

People cannot reasonable defend Aim assist for controller and say there should not be drive assist for keyboard.

Last edited:
I think it's mostly fine, but a number of outside factors make it unsatisfactory;

1. AI of other cars
2. Driver position, windscreen view and glare in first person in some cars is terrible (my precious Galena "Rattler" seems mostly unaffected in this regard, thankfully)

I'm kind of surprised there's no auto-follow road function kind of like Roach had in Witcher 3 ... though to be honest that might just cause more accidents.

IT just makes sense both from the game world (AI driven cars) and if you are going to have controllers with aim assist you FOR GOD SAKE should also have it for Keyboard driving!

People cannot reasonable defend Aim assist for controller and say there should not be drive assist for keyboard.

I a hundred percent agree with you here, even if I enjoy driving games with a keyboard and usually turn off the driving assists, there should be the same option for everyone in every game that has driving in it that's available to be played with a keyboard.

A keyboard is not really suited for mechanics that are based on progressive inputs, but alas I tend to have fun with the extremes presented by doing stunts and crazy maneuvers.

Kinda stupid for me to ask, but would really like a dumb "feature" from GTA: If you impact a vehicle at enough speed or make it crash at high speed against an object or fall from great height, make it so said vehicle explodes.

Kinda stupid for me to ask, but would really like a dumb "feature" from GTA: If you impact a vehicle at enough speed or make it crash at high speed against an object or fall from great height, make it so said vehicle explodes.

I thought that was already in the game?

edit (I guess not):

Lol I was listening to this song while I was watching the video, epic stuff!

Yeah the collision physics needs a bit of work especially in between two physics based objects like cars, it seems to be very inconsistent at the moment.

I thought that was already in the game?

edit (I guess not):

It only happens if the car has a enough damage which only happens gradually, so basically the speed of the collision doesn't matter, what matters is the subsequent numbers of collisions at any speed I think.

P.S.

I have to admit, the rampage in the video kind of looks like fun, there's something to it just not fully fleshed out and I believe there's some potential to it if expanded upon.

It only happens if the car has a enough damage which only happens gradually, so basically the speed of the collision doesn't matter, what matters is the subsequent numbers of collisions at any speed I think.

OK That makes sense, I knew had seen it myself in the CP game sometimes. So probably after I had been shot a lot THEN crashed the car?

Thank makes sense, I KNEW I had seen it myself in the CP game sometimes.

For me it happened in a couple of missions where I was either supposed to get a target out of a well defended compound via some sort of vehicle transport or having to steal a vehicle from a well defended compound without dealing with the assailants.

Let's just say the harder the mission was on the difficulty scale the harder it was for me to get out with the vehicle intact :).

I think it works the same with vehicle collisions.

"[ POLL ] IS THE DRIVING FINE OR UNSATISFACTORY?"

"Very good if you know how to do it right." Yep. Sounds about right.

"This poll will close: Apr 10, 2021." Curious. Is this yours or a moderator's?

"This poll will close: Apr 10, 2021." Curious. Is this yours or a moderator's?

I just thought it would be better to close at the assumed time we get an update to the game. It is a long shot but the game mechanics (maybe the driving) could be significantly different then. If so, I would make a new poll to reflect the change in opinion at that time. Although now that I think about it that may not have been necessary as people are allowed to CHANGE their poll answer if the poll author allows it (which I did).

Oh, I see. Because there already was a thread about the driving, I thought the moderators wanted this one gone, at some point. But then I thought, why didn't they merge it? Still trying to figure out their way of policing. Anyway thanks for making that clear. Interesting thread.

The driving is fine. It's not the best but it's not a racing or driving centric game so I don't care. It reliably gets me from A to B and once I learned the basics and adapted to the driving in game, it does feel better and driving fast becomes easier. Yes, even with M&K.

It's not really something that the devs should focus on imho. I'd rather get more content soon over getting a better driving feel in game. I miss going back to Night City but I have limited time to play every week so I'd come back once there is at least some new content.

But I won't say no, if they want to eventually improve it, though. Improvement is always nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom