+

What should CDPR do with CP2077?

• Keep working on 2077 to make it the game they promised

• Abandon 2077 to work on a sequel

• Just do bug fixes and optimisation and start work on a sequel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Truth
Post automatically merged:

Yep. I didn't even have to try it. Because I've already played games like that before. Nothing new to me.
Post automatically merged:

No game reacts to how you play. Even Deus Ex had the same outcomes. You just took different paths to get there. Instead of going through the front door you crawled through vents. But you ended up in the same destination. It's the same with any game. The choices you make don't matter. Never have.

Tell me what sort of consequences do you want. Because they are in there. When you kill some gang member or police they are dead. The consequence is they are no not alive anymore. By killing them that's a CHOICE you made. The CONSEQUENCE is death.

Just because nothing happens to your liking it doesn't mean nothing has happened. If you do it in front of the cops you get swarmed and die if you don't escape quick enough. Civilians crouch down because they're scared. I think you have a problem with perception.

Even in GTA your choices don't matter. Or any game for that matter. The choices are already made for you.
You're just an outside observer. All choices and consequences are already there. You just discover them as you play.

There is no game in existence that the world or people and objects in it change from your actions. All game worlds are static. Terra forming is what you're thinking of. NPCs acting dynamically depending on your actions is what you're thinking of. All games to date have all the outcomes pre-determined. You're just along for the ride. Going through the motions.
You shall play Fallout New Vegas or perhaps the Witcher games. Or Fallout 2.

So, I’ve seen many arguments surrounding the release, defending CDPR’s actions. I’ll preface this by saying that while some arguments against CP2077 are arguably hyperbolic, such as “PS2 graphics”, but I digress.

I will go ahead and list the arguments I have seen surrounding 2077, and let me know what you think of these arguments.

> “They need to abandon 2077 and work on the sequel”

We’ll start with this one. This is an obnoxious argument—they release the game and leave it as where it is now, and expect us to buy a sequel? Who actually would buy it, if what we have now is what we got, point blank period? That action would absolutely DESTROY CDPR’s reputation. There’s no way they would do this, and suggesting they do this shows no understanding of how much this would blow up in their faces. There would likely be lawsuits, their stock would tank into nothing, and they would be the laughing stock of the industry.

> “It should have never released on last gen, it’s clearly a next gen game!”

Incorrect. The game was developed for last gen and PC in mind for the vast majority of it’s development. Next gen literally just happened and there is zero way they would have developed a game for YEARS for a system that wasn’t even out or thought of until recently. It isn’t even a next gen game, as many of our forum members can tell you, and break it down a hell of a lot better than I can.

> “The PS4/Xbox One couldn’t possibly run 2077! It’s garbage technology!”

I guess games like FF7R and GoT mean nothing to you. I find it interesting that we get really good games that absolutely blow away expectations and deliver truly astounding and revolutionary graphics, mechanics, concepts, etc and suddenly, come Dec 10, 2020, it’s basically a cardboard box with microwave specs and couldn’t even run SNES games if it tried.

I can think of more, but I’d like to hear if you have heard of other arguments that basically offers to give CDPR a free pass to just get away with releasing 2077 in the state it’s in and just make off with our trust and support all these years.

I’ll also include a poll so we can have an “official” census on what we think as a community.

Completely disagree with all your points. I also didn't vote in your poll because there is too much salt and bias in it. (to make the game thy promised)

I will also preface that by stating although I agree there major faults in the story/ romance/ending category. After playing fully I did not have any game breaking bugs with any quest or tech issues on pc. I think the most of the "outrage" seen on the forum / social media / and so called " Influencers" . A minuscule fraction of the 8 MILLION preorders that were sold.

Just look at the player meta critic score for the pc
7.1 Mixed or average reviews based on 21233 Ratings

I believe player rating holds a lot more weight than the forums do.

The fact that its been pulled off sony/ Microsoft just proves it should have not been there in the first place.

Anyways I am not going to argue your post everything you stated is an opinion not a fact and opinion are subjective your allowed to believe what you believe.

Look at that list . I thinking they released on too many systems this why all the technical complaints

I know this was done to make money. But my suggestion is that game developers in general need to stop looking backwards and making thing backward compatible

From what I have read it seems that if the Devs had made this game exclusive for the next gen consoles and raised the min system requirements for pc. There would be a lot less technical complaints

Yes they would "lose" money but I think in this case having "quality" over quantity. Like the high end car market . Not everyone can afford a high end car but they still manage to make a profit.

Also if the game industry does not "force" people to upgrade making everything backwards compatible we are never going to move forward at a reasonable pace. Its like trying walk while dragging/ carrying something to heavy behind you

"Its like trying walk while dragging/ carrying something to heavy behind you"

Clarification: that is general statement mean to encompass places behind in technology, economic growth etc etc etc

In other works keep up or get left behind . I still believe like the luxury car market they would still be very profitable even losing some customers .

just a couple posts my quote in the same thread look what someone else posted the sales for W3 PC sales eventually be all consoles sales COMBINED. So again not release to last gen consoles would have produced a NETGAIN in dev time.

We don't know that about Cyberpunk but here is some info about W3

"Another interesting takeaway is that when Witcher 3 was first released the Playstation 4 led the pack in terms of sales with 48% of them (compared to 31% on the PC and 20% on Xbox One). In 2019 the PC is the dominant platform with 53% of the sales and PS4 with 26%. Xbox One has 10% while the Switch has 1%. "

SOURCE

Consoles ( P4 and Xbox combined) only led for the first 2 years the next 3 years PC dominated the combined sales of all consoles together as the sales ratio show

Last edited:
But alot of games has hade brancing storys and diffrent outcomes for quests depedning on player input. And ppl thought that CDPR could be trusted. Apperantly we were wrong. And i pretty much bought this game for the rpg mechanics. That i find very lacking compared what was promised. So i cant enjoy the game...
What game isn't pre-determined or scripted? Tell me...

The point is HOW WELL IT WAS SCRIPTED... HOW WELL THE SCRIPT RESPONDED...

Get it?

And how 'hell' :D script dont bugged just in single port or start with diferent behavior in some hardwares and systems... its complex.

Yeah, your right abo

What hardware and settings? For me it is fine on medium hardware. Also don't put everything on ultra and assume it will work this game is incredibly taksing, i think we need to wait 1 or 2 gpu cycles before we will be able to max everything on 4k 60 fps here. Which is fine, since the graphics are incredible
define "fine"

i am pretty sure that what you defien as fine is choppy for me. i am very keen on constant framerate. even smallest framedrops kill the immersion for me. i spend so many hours on reddit and nexus forums to test and tweak settings to get it to run fine. and it does run super fine now, but there are those spots where it shit its pants. like this one market in japantown and other places. it also has memory leak problems. i know that the devs know, and i want them to focus on that first. who cares about a bug or a glitch if the game cannot run with a stable framerate ?

Great post, really.

The way I see it, people should expect nothing less than the Witcher 3 + GTA V bare minimum. So GTA V fully patched open world interaction and open world NPC AI plus Witcher 3 fully patched polish, RPG elements and writing / questing / combat quality plus cyberpunk anti censorship, setting, gore, and overall actitude. That is what everyone should expect from Cyberpunk 2077 bare minimum, and is basically what all the hype was about and what was advertised. I love the setting, I love the tabletop game, I don't blame developers, I blame lack of leadership, game should have been delayed another year or so. Otherwise, why the hype at all?

Top Bottom