Possible ability (even as DLC) to improve romances?

+
The romance ability between all the various characters is neat. It allows you to get a good idea of who each character is, see their story a little, and of course, provides very valuable allies for the end game. It's just one of those things that, even if you don't necessarily need to do any of them, taking the time for them makes a more immersive experience about the world of Cyberpunk and its people.

However, once you've completed a storyline... that's it. That is about all the interaction with the romanced characters you can get, period. At this point, if you're like me, you've probably worn out all the various side conversation dialogue options between Judy, Panam, River, and/or Kerry depending on your play through(s) and decisions made during it/them. This, personally, doesn't sit too right with me; you've essentially just spent time that V prolly coulda used not dying to learn about and enjoy the story of the four of them, only to have little to nothing in return other than a new Apartment and an achievement for completing the storyline.

I propose a simple solution, even if it comes in the form of a DLC that you can choose to install/enable at your own leisure if you so choose; the option to speak with a romanced character and do a minigame of some form with them fitting of their characters, e.g.;
  • For Panam;
    • Time in the Rouge Raxxa in the form of a "hit the targets" shooting game similar to the "tutorial" you get in Queen of the Highway,
    • V and Panam can meet with Cassidy for a shooting-range-like game similar to Stadium Love or We Gotta Live Together,
  • For Judy;
    • Possible simple swimming game a la finding things in whatever water, likely Laguna Bend considering,
    • Something potentially regarding braindances? Unsure how this would go, providing the nature of BDs in general, but could be worth something,
  • For River;
    • Joining him and Joss' kids in more AR games,
    • Potentially having him assist in some Gigs? That might be a little more doing but could be cool,
  • For Kerry;
    • Assuming something music related; maybe a rhythm game,
    • Something something "let's get Kerry to his old self" a la Rebel! Rebel! and so on, having him join in Gigs.
The GTA series does this with the main characters and their friends/family, e.g. you can call Michael as Franklin and go to a bar, watch a movie, etc. etc.. Having a similar functionality to that could lead to either further character building, either as simple fun tidbits or what have you, as well as further immersion and replayability by giving V something to do with them after their storylines are completed. It no longer feels like you're just doing the storyline for a medal and new apartment; you're actually interacting with the characters and doing something that would interest them.

You could also give the completionists a cool thing to keep track of if you provide a "leaderboard" of sorts; get a good score in any one of the "minigames" and you could get an in-game something-or-other or an achievement.

I think these are fairly solid ideas, at least gives some opportunity to interact with the romanceables beyond their storylines. I'd prefer having them as actual companions to explore and hangout with than short minigames, but considering the state of the game a short mini game is probably the only (small) possibility of actually happening. And at least we can get some side activities to do outside storylines and gigs.

For Judy's BDs, they could do a short choose your own movie kind of thing. It's not exactly lore friendly as BDs are just direct experiences, though I suppose "magic cyberpunk movie editting" could be a way to explain it. I just think it'd be an upgrade to the movie activities from GTA, which people generally just skip watching. Gives a more active experience, and Judy can make comments about your decisions, etc.

Don't want to be rude or anything, but seriously, romances are not a priority regarding the game state and content, i mean there are some games that revolve around those kind of stuff if you want more of these, i would prefer they focus on improving the game, addind some end game content that let's you enjoy your build, add more life to NC with random encounter/event/side quests, reworking some perks (there are several which are underwhelming, like the one at 16 REF, Recoil Wrangler, just for example).

The whole loot system need to be reworked, tons of bugs need to be fixed, i mean, there are so much more stuff to do than some...romances (which i absolutely don't care, tbh).

which i absolutely don't care, tbh
Good for you.... But just for infos, threads about romances are maybe those which have the most views/posts after the obviously, patch/update ones :cool:
Just one : 5K posts / 334K views

Don't want to be rude or anything, but seriously, romances are not a priority regarding the game state and content, i mean there are some games that revolve around those kind of stuff if you want more of these, i would prefer they focus on improving the game, addind some end game content that let's you enjoy your build, add more life to NC with random encounter/event/side quests, reworking some perks (there are several which are underwhelming, like the one at 16 REF, Recoil Wrangler, just for example).

The whole loot system need to be reworked, tons of bugs need to be fixed, i mean, there are so much more stuff to do than some...romances (which i absolutely don't care, tbh).
Everything implemented in the game deserves to be done properly.

Good for you.... But just for infos, threads about romances are maybe those which have the most views/posts after the obviously, patch/update ones :cool:
Maybe these persons don't play the right game.

If the game was in a good shape, yeah sure, why not, i don't care, but there are more important stuffs that need to be fixed or improved right now than a side activity that's not even the heart of the game.

It's like dropping candies on a shit cake, that makes no sense, i'm already baffled when i see some "mini games updates" or stuff like that, i mean, if you need to play an other game inside the game, there's a problem with the current game itself.

I mean if you enjoy romances, mansions, stuff like that, go play the Sims, i don't know.

Less hostility, please. No one has any right to attack others based on their opinions or preferences; disagreeing with posts is fine as long as you focus on the posts' content rather than on the people making the posts.

Maybe these persons don't play the right game.

If the game was in a good shape, yeah sure, why not, i don't care, but there are more important stuffs that need to be fixed or improved right now than a side activity that's not even the heart of the game.

It's like dropping candies on a shit cake, that makes no sense, i'm already baffled when i see some "mini games updates" or stuff like that, i mean, if you need to play an other game inside the game, there's a problem with the current game itself.

I mean if you enjoy romances, mansions, stuff like that, go play the Sims, i don't know.
If you played other CDPR games, you should know that CDPR add romances in their games (hence the famous question > "Yen or Triss ?").

Like I said, if you don't care, that's fine, you're free to ignore romances. In the same way that I couldn't care less about NG+, I think it's totally useless to add. I would much prefer new content with our LIs than a "useless NG+". But that's my point of view which I think some other players share too :D

If you played other CDPR games, you should know that CDPR add romances in their games (hence the famous question > "Yen or Triss ?").

Like I said, if you don't care, that's fine, you're free to ignore romances. In the same way that I couldn't care less about NG+, I think it's totally useless to add. I would much prefer new content with our LIs than a "useless NG+". But that's my point of view which I think some other players share too :D
I haven't said "romances are useless/bullshit" or whatever, but you did regarding NG+, i've just said it was not a priority regarding the current game's state and the lack of end game content, people are free to enjoy what they want, i don't care about that, there are already romances in this game and the OP is asking for an improvement, do you really think romances improvements should be considered as a top priority ?

There are major game design issues in CP77, which are related to several things, the little impact of perks are one of those which makes builds only meaningful when you have several levels under your belt, by the time you get to this level it's already the end of the game.

If you don't care about the whole builds/end game content, why did you chose a RPG game ?

We are now in 2022, there are litteraly every kind of games available for everyone, including romances stuff, we are not in the 90's anymore.

My point was about priorities as CDPR already have serious problem with priorities management.

Considering CDPR already spent 2 years fixing CP77, i don't think they are going to work that much on this game anymore (and i perfectly understand why) especially regarding the recent sliders which show how they have already diminished the team size which is working on CP77, and the game still need a lot of work, maybe i'm too much demanding, i don't know, but i still think this game still have a lot of issues which need to be adressed and i don't think romances/mansions/minigames/nerfs/adding weapons should take over the core game's problems, including technical problems.

Last edited:
Only interest I have in the romances is a way to speed through the sex scene cutouts, that and that not really tied to story arc much which means no particular reason to do them.

While I think it would be great to expand on the first game's romances via updates, the planned expansion seems to be the final, major content for Cyberpunk 2077 (and I'm not sure how much of it will involve the romanced characters), so I'm just going to keep an open mind about the expansion without any expectations.

However, for Cyberpunk Orion, I do hope they consider adding the ability to have a companion alongside you throughout your playthrough. I loved all of the jobs that involved Jackie, Panam, Judy, River, Kerry, and Takemura, but I think it would have even been better if they were able to accompany you on side gigs, or even just traveling around the city.

Last edited:
Having views doesn't translate to "good idea". The ppl on this forum are a niche part of the gaming community. Romance is not central the experience for the average gamer.
Post automatically merged:

There's a difference between having romantic elements in a game and making it a focal part of the game. Geralt has relationships yes, however you are never sent on dating activities with Yennefer or any of those characters. There is a balance. What's being asked for here just isn't practical for this kind of game and definitely not something devs should devote time to.
Post automatically merged:

While I think it would be great to expand on the first game's romances via updates, the planned expansion seems to be the final, major content for Cyberpunk 2077 (and I'm not sure how much of it will involve the romanced characters), so I'm just going to keep an open mind about the expansion without any expectations.

However, for Cyberpunk Orion, I do hope they consider adding the ability to have a companion alongside you throughout your playthrough. I loved all of the jobs that involved Jackie, Panam, Judy, River, Kerry, and Takemura, but I think it would have even been better if they were able to accompany you on side gigs, or even just traveling around the city.
You already accompany both Judy and Panam on several missions, things that are tied directly to the story. There is a thing as too much of a good thing

I definitely don't think we had enough with Jackie but to do that with every character is just overkill

Last edited:
Awww, romance in the air💕. It would be a good thing. “Options”. But first thing is first making sure everything is perfected. The yin and the yang.

But first thing is first making sure everything is perfected.
"everything is perfected", to be honest, I doubt that it will happen one day... We will always have to deal with bugs/issues here and there.
Like I doubt that a DLC dedidcated to romances could be released... Knowing that Phantom Liberty will be the only expansion and knowing that for CDPR, DLCs are "small and free".
But for me, it's not a bad idea (especially for those who romanced Kerry or River), at least not worse than the possibility to take a drink in clubs, to eat in restaurant or to join gangs,...
I just hope they add a little "something" in the expansion like they did in Blood & Wine (not the main purpose, by far... but a little something^^).

If you don't care about the whole builds/end game content, why did you chose a RPG game ?

I play RPGs for the stories, the characters, and the way they play off of each other and develop

I've sat through tons of terrible RPGs because I was able to connect to their characters and wanted to see their story through

If builds and end game content were all that mattered to me I'd play an MMO instead

I play RPGs for the stories, the characters, and the way they play off of each other and develop

I've sat through tons of terrible RPGs because I was able to connect to their characters and wanted to see their story through

If builds and end game content were all that mattered to me I'd play an MMO instead
There are also action games with story and character and they are not RPG.

I don't say RPG = build and end game.

However i don't know any RPG that doesn't have character's stat and skills.

I hope we get more content with Judy, Panam, Kerry and River of some kind in Phantom Liberty. I think (just speculating on my part) that “Orion” will have a completely new protagonist and set of characters, so this expansion may probably be the last we see of V and their friends. Hopefully cdpr makes it count and delivers the goods.

Last edited:
There are also action games with story and character and they are not RPG.

I don't say RPG = build and end game.

However i don't know any RPG that doesn't have character's stat and skills.

But you did question why someone would play an RPG if they weren't focused on build and endgame and I'm saying some people play for different reasons

There are plenty of RPGs that have a minimal amount of build variety, have characters set in predetermined roles, or just flat out end when the credits role

Its a nice thing to have these things, I'd always take them over not having them. But I, personally, would not prioritize them over characterization, story, and world building

Top Bottom