Posting a custom Gwent puzzle from time to time

+
Hi there!

Those of you who played Thronebreaker are likely familiar with puzzles - matches played in a custom setting, with cards and win conditions designed solely for them. However, players from beta might also remember that there used to be events in which we'd get 3 puzzles/custom matches (with two difficulty levels) build around a theme - Mahakam Ale Festival, Saovine: Holiday of the Dead and Midwinter Hunt. Unfortunately, due to to several factors the events were discontinued.
I might be alone in this, but I loved them. In my opinion they fitted perfectly to Gwent, were a great addition to the standard gameplay and Gwent is simply not the same without them.
So since we don't have them in Gwent anymore (and it's not like second Witcher Tales are coming anytime soon), I thought why not make my own puzzles? And so I did. Might as well share them.

Starting today I will be posting here a custom puzzle and I invite you to try and solve them. To make it more interesting, I will provide a reward for the first person to correctly solve the puzzle. More details below.

The first puzzle is

The Mage from Ofir
View attachment 11244151

Your objective is to steal these artifacts​
View attachment 11244154

from Radeyah​
View attachment 11244157

without letting Vernossiel die.​
View attachment 11244160

Those are the cards in your hand​
View attachment 11244163

and to help you visualize it all - this is how the starting board looks like:​
View attachment 11244166

I recommend posting the walkthrough in spoilers, in case someone else might want to solve it, too.

Like said above, I will gift a cosmetic bundle purchasable with meteorite powder to the first person that posts a correct walkthrough of the puzzle.

1. Who is the organizer?
I am. CD PROJEKT RED is in no way involved in the creation of the puzzles nor providing the reward. The bundle will be bought with meteorite powder from my own resources.

2. Who can participate?
Any user of forums.cdprojektred.com

3. How to participate?
List in a correct way how provided cards and abilities need to be played in order to solve the puzzle.

4. What is the contest period?
Answers can be posted within 7 days from the moment of posting the task.

5. How will winners be chosen?
The first person to post a correct walkthrough of the puzzle will be the winner.
If nobody posts a correct answer within the contest period the reward is forfeited.

6. What is the prize?
A cosmetic GWENT bundle purchasable with Meteorite Powder, selected by the winner.

7. How to redeem the prize?
Winner will be selected within 14 days from the moment of posting the task.
Winner will be required to send me a PM with their GWENT username and the name of the bundle they like. They will have to accept my friend invite in order to receive the prize. If the winner will not do any of the above, the reward is forfeited.
Prize will be given within 7 days from the moment of accepting the invite.

Hope you'll enjoy, good luck and stay tuned for the next one!
Cheers
What does this have to do with Cyberpunk? I'd take this to a different forum

Hi,
here we go with another puzzle!
Ever since Jason showed this art on one of his streams, I thought it's too perfect for a puzzle to not use it, so it was a matter of time before I did so.

As usual, I'm offering a reward for the first person to post the correct walkthrough.
For more details read the rules.
1. Who is the organizer?
I am. CD PROJEKT RED is in no way involved in the creation of the puzzles nor providing the reward. The bundle will be bought with meteorite powder from my own resources.

2. Who can participate?

3. How to participate?
List in a correct way how provided cards and abilities need to be played in order to solve the puzzle.

The first person to post a correct walkthrough of the puzzle will be the winner.
If nobody posts a correct answer within the contest period the reward is forfeited.

6. What is the prize?
A cosmetic GWENT bundle purchasable with Meteorite Powder, selected by the winner.

Winner will be required to send me a PM with their GWENT username and the name of the bundle they like. They will have to accept my friend invite in order to receive the prize. If the winner will not do any of the above, the reward is forfeited.

Today's puzzle is

Untitled Goose Puzzle
startingscreen.png

This cute goose stole some cards from Zoltan.​
Goose.png

Your goal is to help Zoltan recover five of them.
playercards.png

This is your starting board:​
startingboard.png

and these are the stolen cards:​
stolencards.png

Note 1: Abilities on the artifacts don't matter. They're here just there, so each of them wouldn't read No ability.
Note 2: You can see 9 artifacts, while there's only 8 of them on board. That's because Wild Goose already banished one at the end of their first turn.

EDIT: Decided to ease it a bit (increased Zoltan's power from 5 to 6).

I guess that's it.
As always, I recommend posting the walkthrough in spoilers, in case someone else might want to solve it, too.
Hope you'll enjoy, and good luck!
Next puzzle will be a bit different, and will arrive on Wednesday, September 29th around 5PM CEST.
Cheers

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Hi,
here we go with another puzzle!
Ever since Jason showed this art on one of his streams, I thought it's too perfect for a puzzle to not use it, so it was a matter of time before I did so.

As usual, I'm offering a reward for the first person to post the correct walkthrough.
1. Who is the organizer?

2. Who can participate?

3. How to participate?

6. What is the prize?

Today's puzzle is

Untitled Goose Puzzle
View attachment 11254219

This cute goose stole some cards from Zoltan.​
View attachment 11254222

Your goal is to help Zoltan recover five of them.
View attachment 11254276

This is your starting board:​
View attachment 11254228

and these are the stolen cards:​
View attachment 11254279

Note 1: Abilities on the artifacts don't matter. They're here just there, so each of them wouldn't read No ability.
Note 2: You can see 9 artifacts, while there's only 8 of them on board. That's because Wild Goose already banished one at the end of their first turn.

EDIT: Decided to ease it a bit (increased Zoltan's power from 5 to 6).

I guess that's it.
As always, I recommend posting the walkthrough in spoilers, in case someone else might want to solve it, too.
Next puzzle will be a bit different, and will arrive on Wednesday, September 29th around 5PM CEST.
Cheers
Amazing puzzle @betraymechino! Have to say that this is the hardest one yet. I didn't try the previous one as I wanted to give chance to others, but among the rest, this is the toughest one. At least 2 or 3 times I thought it is impossible to solve it and that there is an issue with the puzzle, as any ordering was leading to defeat. Also kudos to show the older cards.. brings back good memories. As always the quality of the final images are too damn good, looks as though it is from the real game!

Here is my solution: I love challenges and didn't want your buff to Zoltan. So, my solution, if it is correct works with Zoltan being 5 strength.

But I want to say that if someone else wants to try, please go ahead and try. Even if my solution is correct, I will forego the prize for you as I already have most packs an don't need any more trinklets.

Z1: Agitator (Goose at 13)
G1: Open a random card
Z2: Companion (Zoltan at 6 due to vitality with one pending vitality) Seizing one card
G2: Banish a random card
Z3: Froth (Goose at 12 Zoltan at 7) and get Companion back
G3: Open a random card
Z4: Companion (Zoltan at 8 and one pending vitality) Seizing one card
G4: Banish a random card
Z5: Froth (Goose at 11; Zoltan at 9) and get Agitator back
G5: Open a random card
Z6: Agitator (Goose at 9; hitting Zoltan by 3 as there are only 3 face down cards; and bringing him to 6 power)
G6: Open a random card
Z7: MahakamAle (Zoltan at 8 power as he has seized two cards) and get Agitator back
G7: Banish a random card (3 cards banished.. if we don't poke the goose anymore, Duda will swear so much that blood will come out of Zoltan's ears)
Z8: Agitator (Goose now at 7 and is super pissed and turned back and bit Zoltan in his arse; Zoltan at 1 happy that he is alive, but ashamed that a goose almost killed him)
G8: Open a random card, incidentally last face down card. From now on we don't care about the stupid Goose)
Z9: MahakamAle (Zoltan at 3 due to two seized cards) and get Companion back
G9: Irrelevant
Z10: Companion (Zoltan at 4+1Vitality) Seizing one card
G10: Irrelevant
Z11: FoulAle (Zoltan at 1+1Vitality) Seizing the last two cards; almost killing him again; but going to find the next merchant or 'people in distress who are about to die in an hour by a monster' to ask "Up for a round of Gwent?"

So let's go with another puzzle!

This puzzle is kinda the reason I started making them. I wanted to prove to some friends that the puzzles from the events in open beta are easily adaptable to current Gwent. So I started with Saovine and Midwinter Hunt, as the seemed easier to re-do, then returned to Mahakam Ale Festival, and after that I decided to approach the canned Passiflora event, which quickly led me to making own ones.
I thought that since today, 4 years ago, Mahakam Ale Festival was released, it's a good time to present one of the first puzzles I (re-)made.
(Yes, there will be Saovine and Midwinter Hunt reworked puzzles, in due time)

1. Who is the organizer?

2. Who can participate?

3. How to participate?

6. What is the prize?

Battle of the Bards
startingscreen.png

The goal is fairly simple: have four Festgoes on your ranged row.​
startingboard.png

cardsboard.png

playercards.png

And that's about it.
Next puzzle should arrive on Friday, October 15th around 2PM CEST.
Cheers

Last edited:
Does nothing, timer just resets. Similar how Keltullis does nothing if both players have the same number of units.

one more question.

If priscila countdown over in the last turn, she will back to your hand and you will have another turn to play it? or the turn ends and you pass because you are without card and than she backs to your hand?

well, i try and try, but my english doenst let me understand what draig bon-dhu does correctly

edit: in fact i think i could understand his abillity, but i simple cant solution this puzzle. All the others i could, but since Priscila goes to my hand after the pass, for me its impossible.

Its some kind of logic, i have only 2 ways to put festgoers in my ranged row, with melody or with priscila.

I have 2 melody, so i need to play them and i have to play priscila 2 times. But there is not a way to play priscila 2 times (with her deploy abillity).

For play priscila the first time and triggers her deploy abillity i need to take off the 2 festgoers in my melee row. For that i will need to play 2 cards, so i could only play priscila in turn 3 and she will back to my hand in the end of turn 5.

Or i can start with priscila, she will back to my hand in the end of turn 3 and will create another turn, But even in this situation, the first time i lay priscila i wont trigger her deploy, the second time, in turn 4, i could trigger her deploy but she will back to my hand in the end of turn 6, after i passed.

I also though to start with priscila to trigger Draig abillity "early", but there is no diference, since i need equal to use 2 cards (or 2 turns) to "clean" my melee row.

so i quit, i will wait someone complete or next week

EDIT: talking in private with betray he realized he puted the incorrect picture and pisciila in the first image back to hand after 3 turns. Now its 2 turns and i can complete it

Last edited:
So let's go with another puzzle.

1. Who is the organizer?

2. Who can participate?

3. How to participate?

6. What is the prize?

Something Wicked
startingscreen.png

This puzzle is pretty quick and simple: your goal is to help two Lost Hunters find the way to your side of the board.

startingboard.png

cards.png

And that's about it.
Next puzzle should arrive on Sunday, October 31st around 4PM CEST.
Cheers

Something (not) wicked (enough) [now with spoiler]
first use fortitude on the leftmost two melee hunters.
passive should kill the two on the right and transform one in the back.
second swap the right one of the remaining melee hunters wit the left beast with the agility.
passive should transform the crazed one melee and one of the two remainding back row hunters.
third scorch all those beasts and have lone hunters happily jump home
thank for a few minutes of puzzling:beer:

Last edited:
Something (not) wicked (enough) [now with spoiler]
first use fortitude on the leftmost two melee hunters.
passive should kill the two on the right and transform one in the back.
second swap the right one of the remaining melee hunters wit the left beast with the agility.
passive should transform the crazed one melee and one of the two remainding back row hunters.
third scorch all those beasts and have lone hunters happily jump home
thank for a few minutes of puzzling:beer:
I have seen your answer and you problably right, but I was thinking, The skills in gwent goes left to right and melee row to ranged.

So, in your answer, in Last opponent turns, The crazed should do The damage first than the thing will transform him

So, If The crazed does The damage first, He will kill The Last lost Hunter in that row.

But I didnt think in another way to solve this, so, as i said, you problably right

Edit: now i realized The first The fhing transforme The human o The right in my perspective, but in The opponents board's perspective He transformed The left one

EDIT 2: nvm, i am wrong. Gwent shows the board for each player in a different way, now i realied that too. I have never thought in that way untill i see this puzzle, my brain just accept it and it was everything ok

Last edited:
Top Bottom