Posting a custom Gwent puzzle from time to time

+
[...]

EDIT 2: nvm, i am wrong. Gwent shows the board for each player in a different way, now i realied that too. I have never thought in that way untill i see this puzzle, my brain just accept it and it was everything ok
:smart:
btw. i guess i have everything the shop offers for powder already. save the rewards for some newer players

Hi,
time for another puzzle!

This puzzle is based on the one from Geralt's single player mini-campaign (which was later simplified for Thronebreaker).

Without a Trace
startingscreen.png

Your goal is to set the power of all enemy units to 1 (if you destroy any of them, you lose).

These are the cards used in the puzzle:​
cards.jpg

Starting board and your hand:​
startingboard.png

And this is your deck:​
startingdeck.png

Couple notes:

1. Abilities on enemy units don't matter for this puzzle. There are there for consistency with some future puzzles.
  2. Cards in deck are shown in order.

I guess that's it.
Hope you'll enjoy it.
Cheers

turn 1

play infantryman in melee row (cooldown 1)

turn 2

play geralt in one of the arachas in melee row

infantryman will summon another infantryman in the final of this turn

(3 units in melee row)

Turn 3

Play archer in ranged row in the other archas

3 units in melee row. Cooldown at the end of the turn is set to 1

Turn 4

Play decoy in archer, play it again in the last arachas

At the end of this turn, infantryman will summon the last infantryman and 4 units will be in melee row

Turn 5

Play scout in melee row.

5 units in melee row

Turn 6

Play the second scout in melee row – 6 units in melee row

Use the first scout order to summon (in really play) an archer to ranged row and hit one of the drowners

Turn 7

Now I can do 2 diferents move and I will put both here

Move 1 – use the second scout order, summon (in really play) an archer an hit the second drowner and finally use milaen in fiend.

Move 2 – play milaen in melee row and use in the drowner, use the second scout order, summon (in really play) an archer an hit the fiend

Now i realyze milaen cant hit fiend, so, in fact, in turn 7 only thee second move can be done

Hi there!

This is one of my favourite puzzles I've made, even if pretty quick and maybe easy.
It's one of the puzzles where I focused more on the story-telling part and showing the personality of the characters - in this case Hjalmar and his reckless warriors. Thus there are two ways to solve the puzzles: "proper" one and kinda "backwards" one.

The Queen of Ard Skellig
startingscreen.png

cards.png

The goal is to end the puzzle with Endrega Queen on your side of the board.​

startingboard.png

And this is the starting board.​

Hope you'll enjoy it.
Cheers

Well i will try to resolve puting the solution the same way i put the others, describing the board and GY too.

Turn 1 - use hjalmar warrior and hit endrega egs

Board after oponent turn
empty
endrega larva countdown 1 - endrega larva count down 1
hjalmar warrior
empty

GY
endrega eggs

turn 2 - use hjalmar warrior and hit the other hjalmar warrior

Board after oponent turn
empty
endrega warrior - endrega warrior
hjalmar warrio
empty

gy
endrega egg

hjalmar warrior

turn 3 - use the last hjalmar warrion in one of tthe endrega warrior

board after opponent turn
empty
endrega warrior with 2 power - endrega warrior with 4 power

hjalmar warrior with 2 power - hjalmar warrior with 2 power.
empty

gy
endrega egg

hjalmar warrior

turn 4 - use blind fury and kill all the units with 2 power (1 endrega warrior and 2 hjalmar warriors)

boar after opponent turn

empty
endre queen

empty
empty

gy
endrega egg - endrega warrior

3 endrega warriors

total of 5 units in gy

turn 5 - use hjalmar and, since there is 5 units on GY, sieize endrega queen

Time for another puzzle!

This is the last puzzle in the series of reworks of the beta puzzles. And it was the one that proved to be the most time consuming, trying to find the spot between being too convoluted and too simplistic (like the original one).

Fire and Ice
startingscreen.png

cards.png

startingboard.png

Your goal is fairly simple - destroy the Phoenix :cool:

Hope you'll enjoy it.
Cheers

Exposed: Trigger this ability whenever the unit loses its Armor.

I know, it's a rarely used keyword in Gwent
OK. Some more question, when hatchling transform in Phoenix, Phoenix will back with armor?

Also If i kill The hatchling i complete The task?

Well i know its problably xorrect, but I remember One time you put One wrong image so i need to ask.

Damage did by fire and/or brokvar Hunter power and armor are corrects?

Or The starting hand is correct?

Yes, it should be correct.
Yes, nvm i complete it. I just realize what i was doing wrong, i Will post The solutiom in a few minutes
Post automatically merged:

Ok, my solution will be in the same format as always, showing the board at the end of the opponents turns, I will put power and in () the armor.

Also my cars will always be played in front row

turn 1 use an craite marauder and hit phoenix.

Board
25 (8)

turn 2 - play the first brokvar hunter and hit phoenix
Board
25 (5)

4 5(1)

turn 3 - playthe second an craite marauder and hit phoenix 3 times
brokvar hunter will hit phoenix too but that doenst matter because it will transforme in hatchling

Board after the turns ends
1 (50) countdown 1

4 4 5(1) 2 fire in the row.

Here i will put the board at the starting of my turn too
1 (50) countdown 1

2 2 4 1 fire in the row.

turn 4 - play brokvar hunter and hit the first brokvar hunter - i
hatling in the end of turn will transform in phoenix

board after the turns ends
25(10)

2 2 1 5(1) 1 fire in the row.

Here i will put the board at the starting of my turn too
25(10)

turn 5 - play freyas bleeesing in one of the an craite marauder and hit 2 times the brokvar hunter - it will die

board after the turns ends
25(10)

turn 6 - play denge frett - since 4 of your units have died, he will do 35 damage (7 from original plus 28 from the death units).
Hit phoenix and insta kill it

Last edited:
Start of the Yule is a good time for a new puzzle.

This one is pretty simple - convince Shupe to spend Yule with Santa Crach.

A Midwinter Quarrel
startingscreen.png

cards.png

startingboard.png

startingdeck.png

Hope you'll enjoy it, and I'm curious if anyone will pick a darker tone hidden in the puzzle.
Cheers

Hi there!

Those of you who played Thronebreaker are likely familiar with puzzles - matches played in a custom setting, with cards and win conditions designed solely for them. However, players from beta might also remember that there used to be events in which we'd get 3 puzzles/custom matches (with two difficulty levels) build around a theme - Mahakam Ale Festival, Saovine: Holiday of the Dead and Midwinter Hunt. Unfortunately, due to to several factors the events were discontinued.
I might be alone in this, but I loved them. In my opinion they fitted perfectly to Gwent, were a great addition to the standard gameplay and Gwent is simply not the same without them.
So since we don't have them in Gwent anymore (and it's not like second Witcher Tales are coming anytime soon), I thought why not make my own puzzles? And so I did. Might as well share them.

Starting today I will be posting here a custom puzzle and I invite you to try and solve them. To make it more interesting, I will provide a reward for the first person to correctly solve the puzzle. More details below.

The first puzzle is

The Mage from Ofir
View attachment 11244151

Your objective is to steal these artifacts​
View attachment 11244154

from Radeyah​
View attachment 11244157

without letting Vernossiel die.​
View attachment 11244160

Those are the cards in your hand​
View attachment 11244163

and to help you visualize it all - this is how the starting board looks like:​
View attachment 11244166

I recommend posting the walkthrough in spoilers, in case someone else might want to solve it, too.

Like said above, I will gift a cosmetic bundle purchasable with meteorite powder to the first person that posts a correct walkthrough of the puzzle.

1. Who is the organizer?
I am. CD PROJEKT RED is in no way involved in the creation of the puzzles nor providing the reward. The bundle will be bought with meteorite powder from my own resources.

2. Who can participate?
Any user of forums.cdprojektred.com

3. How to participate?
List in a correct way how provided cards and abilities need to be played in order to solve the puzzle.

4. What is the contest period?
Answers can be posted within 7 days from the moment of posting the task.

5. How will winners be chosen?
The first person to post a correct walkthrough of the puzzle will be the winner.
If nobody posts a correct answer within the contest period the reward is forfeited.

6. What is the prize?
A cosmetic GWENT bundle purchasable with Meteorite Powder, selected by the winner.

7. How to redeem the prize?
Winner will be selected within 14 days from the moment of posting the task.
Winner will be required to send me a PM with their GWENT username and the name of the bundle they like. They will have to accept my friend invite in order to receive the prize. If the winner will not do any of the above, the reward is forfeited.
Prize will be given within 7 days from the moment of accepting the invite.

Hope you'll enjoy, good luck and stay tuned for the next one!
Cheers
Yoo, how did you maked these? Would you be willing to give us some tutorial over it?

Top Bottom