"Price of Power" Expansion Set Officially Revealed!

+

Guest 4375874

Do not forget that the rain is via order and not via a deploy.
Sure but still starts at 3 which makes up for the order compared to Naglfar's Crew, has synergy with multiple cards and more likely to hit a target which also provides additional synergy other cards.

Sure but still starts at 3 which makes up for the order compared to Naglfar's Crew, has synergy with multiple cards and more likely to hit a target which also provides additional synergy other cards.
Naglfar's Crew is practically a 6 though, before the opponent can even respond.
Also for whatever that is worth this card is insanely vulnerable against being seized by Philippa, Amnesty, Sweers and Miruna, it is not even funny how much those cards trade up against it.

True, however that would only trade 6 points for 3 provisions up and is generally too expensive to be worth it.
Thing is that Amnesty can trade up to 11 points up against him, Sweers 12.
Yes, cause you could then use his order ofc. :]
But that's the whole point of the Toad Prince = He's not a good card lol. He might not even find a proper target ever and MO isn't good with dealing precise damage to set stuff up. I mean if he was 7 provisions or 4 base power he'd be in the acceptable category.

Yes, cause you could then use his order ofc. :]
But that's the whole point of the Toad Prince = He's not a good card lol. He might not even find a proper target ever and MO isn't good with dealing precise damage to set stuff up. I mean if he was 7 provisions or 4 base power he'd be in the acceptable category.
Speaking of lacking precise removal. MO is currently the only faction in the game without an Alzur's Thunder clone.

Guest 4375874

Naglfar's Crew is practically a 6 though, before the opponent can even respond.
Also for whatever that is worth this card is insanely vulnerable against being seized by Philippa, Amnesty, Sweers and Miruna, it is not even funny how much those cards trade up against it.
yea, I'm sure that's why Naglfar's Crew is in every MO deck lol. Not only do you lose 2 pts if you play it first, which isn't the case with this new card since it's an order giving you the ability to set up a play, but has to target a single unit which means it's more likely to brick especially in a short round where this card plays for 3 vs 1 without the effect. Naglfar's crew is easily removed and has to stay in the row for the duration of the effect to get full pts where this doesn't.

No one is using Phillipa to steal a bronze card and the only deathwish decks around are VIy, I haven't seen Sweers or Miruna in months. I mean we can throw hypotheticals around all day but if we're being realistic this card having massive synergy alone makes it a better card. The only other MO card that benefits from frost is the newly buffed foglet and it has no synergy with wild hunt decks, it's a very awkward pairing and why we don't see any of them being played.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, I'm sure that's why Naglfar's Crew is in every MO deck lol. Not only do you lose 2 pts if you play it first, which isn't the case with this new card since it's an order giving you the ability to set up a play, but has to target a single unit which means it's more likely to brick especially in a short round where this card plays for 3 vs 1 without the effect. Naglfar's crew is easily removed and has to stay in the row for the duration of the effect to get full pts where this doesn't.

No one is using Phillipa to steal a bronze card and the only deathwish decks around are VIy, I haven't seen Sweers or Miruna in months. I mean we can throw hypotheticals around all day but if we're being realistic this card having massive synergy alone makes it a better card. The only other MO card that benefits from frost is the newly buffed foglet and it has no synergy with wild hunt decks, it's a very awkward pairing and why we don't see any of them being played.
Nope, Naglfar's Crew is garbage. My point was that the new card also has its downsides compared to Naglfar's Crew, so calling it a strict upgrade is not accurate.
If you play Naglfar's Crew as your last card, without the opponent having a turn afterwards you deserve it having crap value.
Using Philippa to steal the Cultist is worth disabling the potential 9 + getting them yourself and 3 points from her body, for 10p and 3 coins, so overall she would play as a 21 for 13, I doubt a lot of people would pass that opportunity past round 1.

To be fair the upside of Naglfar's Crew is that Frost is a lot easier to spam, while Rain is on significantly less cards.
In the end I would say that the new card looks a lot better than Crew, which should not be an issue, given that Crew is really bad and every playable card is better.

These guys don't look like druids though lol, they're just basic lvl 1 fanatics. I don't think the druid tag fits, I mean we have a lot of Druids so far anyway...
Post automatically merged:

Also, I've devised a tactic most genius!
Use two Blightmakers to spawns 2 Guardians, and since Guardians are gold tokens use Elf and Onion Soup on them to highroll into something strong like Old Speartip, Gezras orrrr Phillipa and conquer the world! :LOL:
:smart:

Last edited:
Also, I've devised a tactic most genius!
Use two Blightmakers to spawns 2 Guardians, and since Guardians are gold tokens use Elf and Onion Soup on them to highroll into something strong like Old Speartip, Gezras orrrr Phillipa and conquer the world! :LOL:
:smart:
Elf and onion Soup only creates Card's from your faction or neutrals so unless you're picking a MO or ST leader in draft mode you won't have much luck finding those 3 with that Blightmaker strategy.

But with 2 rain on the board the Bride of the Sea allows you to play Elf and Onion Soup a second time which could be a consideration with Crowmother and another low strength gold on board.

Elf and onion Soup only creates Card's from your faction or neutrals so unless you're picking a MO or ST leader in draft mode you won't have much luck finding those 3 with that Blightmaker strategy.

But with 2 rain on the board the Bride of the Sea allows you to play Elf and Onion Soup a second time which could be a consideration with Crowmother and another low strength gold on board.
I literarily read the card and I failed to register what "of your faction or neutrals" actually means lol. You're right. But it's still a cool way to create a gold, especially if it's true about reducing the power of Guardians go 1 power. :] (but it's lame for a badass golem to just be 1 power as if he was a rat)

I literarily read the card and I failed to register what "of your faction or neutrals" actually means lol. You're right. But it's still a cool way to create a gold, especially if it's true about reducing the power of Guardians go 1 power. :] (but it's lame for a badass golem to just be 1 power as if he was a rat)
Agreed if they really should drop down to 1 strength they really become a juicy E&O Soup target, especially considering that NG currently doesn't have any good E&O Soup targets apart from maybe Menno.

I guess at this point they should just re-name the Guardian into lesser Guardian, if I remember correctly The Guardian had Cynthia's current ability during Open Beta and added a weaker Copie of himself (called lesser Guardian) on top of the opponents Deck.
Post automatically merged:

E3Ilpv5WEAMGzmY.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like today's ST reveals are done, since the site has been updated.
I don't find these interesting at all, these are just more ways of playing already existing cards. Not an original exciting new effect on their own.

The fact that Sorceress can create 3 specials and then you can pick and choose one of them that perfectly fits your situation makes this card too versatile and powerful imo. And being a 5 provision bronze it's very cheap and you really won't care if opponent uses up some removal for her.
Nvm I just realized that even 1 ping of damage can make it much more difficult to use lol. I guess we will just wait and see how the card performs...

Last edited:
My comments:

Teleportation:

Untill now I do not see real use cases for this card´s ability resetting the power of golds. It can be a +6 on Jutta but SK does have other alternatives to deal with her. So probably going for golds is not want you want to do with that card.

The following bronze cards I consider to be meant to synergize with teleportation:
Kingslayer: One additional mill
Chimera: One more row boost
Cintrian Royal Guard: Replay the royal guard with the lowest power
SC: As a harmony trigger (but questionable value)
Griffin Witcher Ranger: After the boost transfer
Maerolorn: Can be a 6 for 4
Alchemist: If you have a powerful Living Armour
Blue Stripes Scout: One more Commando
Gan Ceann: Increase base power by an additional 4
Sorceress of Dol Blathanna: After her order is used

=> Think they idea is great and will definitely try it out. Most likely with Gan Ceann.

Vanadáin

In the beginning he is a 6 for 8. Whether his deploy makes sense certainly depends on whether you have a good or a bad hand. Then you can see him as an additional Elven Deadeye engine which is probably well appreciated by Vernossiel.

=> His ability perfectly fits into the whole Price of Power idea. Nevertheless, elf swarm + Vernossiel as a finisher is nothing new. Especially after Eldain´s arrival it´s an often used combo. Would have appreciated other changes than adding a support card to an already often used strategy. Furthermore I am not sure whether he does a better job in creating Deadeye than many already existing SC cards.
=> Of course he is a strong support for Waylay

Sorceress of Dol Blathanna

To get the most out of her you need boosters. Probably she fits very well into Guerilla Tactics (+2 or even more if Sentries are there). One might also consider adding some neutral high-boosters (e.g. Pact). The create will be still connected to a lot of RNG as even a heavy boosted Sorceress can end in a draw with 3 4 provision units. Probably she´s a also great support for Nature´s gift.

Guest 4375874

I don't find these interesting at all, these are just more ways of playing already existing cards. Not an original exciting new effect on their own.

The fact that Sorceress can create 3 specials and then you can pick and choose one of them that perfectly fits your situation makes this card too versatile and powerful imo. And being a 5 provision bronze it's very cheap and you really won't care if opponent uses up some removal for her.
Nvm I just realized that even 1 ping of damage can make it much more difficult to use lol. I guess we will just wait and see how the card performs...
you say that like it's a bad thing lol ST is one of the best performing factions right now, they don't need any OP cards, neither does SK or NR for that matter.

The following bronze cards I consider to be meant to synergize with teleportation:
Doesn't this card actually synergies with almost any bronze units?
I mean, you actually place in your deck 2 additional copies of your 5p bronze units but for 4p.

What about 2 additional Bear witchers playing 8 for 4?

Oops, my bad. It seems that for some reason, I decided that this card works like Reinforcement. :)

Last edited:
Actually SC expansion appears to be themed around Dol Blathanna.
So I would really appreciate if Dol Blathanna Archer receives some love. Currently he´s as a 6 for 5 completely unplayable. Even with 4 provision costs he offers questionable value.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Looks like today's ST reveals are done, since the site has been updated.
Unless Waylay gets reworked, this epic is an epic waste of art and resources. To have two mulligan (not actually mulligan as you are not drawing new cards) and be replaced with one of the junkest cards in the game should be a joke. I still believe Waylay will be reworked: probably making it do 4 damage (even if the provision is increased to 6)? Fingers crossed.

The mage card is super junk. To make use of her, you will need a card which can boost this card in case if it gets damaged. Without a support card, just doing 1 damage to it nullifies her. What a junk?! I will wait for the remaining ST cards and any news on Waylay reworks, but with this limited information we have, ST has got the worst of the worst cards. But strangely, it doesn't surprise me or disappoints me as this has been the trend and I am used to it.

Top Bottom