Pro rank identity logic

+
Hello everyone :)

I was wondering, what is the purpose of hiding your enemy's ID? I mean, I'm aware this was meant to prevent you from knowing what your enemy plays if you meet him once again, but in reality, it makes no sense really, for few reasons.

1. His mulligan and first round will not be the same as last game, it will be similar. But that was always the case.
2. There isn't much variety of decks recently, and seeing enemy's hero ability, you will know what cards he holds in his deck and you will play around that anyway. In fact you are a pro, you know the meta very well.
3. You discourage players to use a bigger variety of decks. Hiding your identity allows you to blatantly use one deck. Pros should be flexible, should be encouraged to use more decks in one day, not just one. I mean, they could do that, but that obviously could put them in disadvantage eventually.
4. Many people blatantly go online and copy strongest decks anyway, everyone knows these archtypes and enemies easily read what they will play or might play. Hiding players ID does not help this case.
5. It removes social aspect of the game.
6. You hide nicknames in Pro rank, but you run official tournaments on open decks. What sense does that make?

I would suggest removing feature that hides your enemy's ID.

Thanks for reading, have a nice one!

How does that stop "Wintrading"? People who do this, sit together on TS and will figure if they are matched against each other.

Another application is for streamers and YouTubers to hide player names so their viewers can't ddos/harass their opponents later on

Yeah I believe gwent got ddos'd in 2017 (officially) and lots of players have continued to report being the target of such attacks although I dunno if any were actually confirmed like the 2017 one

There's also the people if they watch their favorite streamer getting destroyed in some way they don't like, might decide to just hop on and harass that opponent..it's a mad world

They talked about it during a dev stream in February. Timestamped for convenience:

Basically, wintrading discouragement and stream sniping prevention, like was already stated.

Contact them? Isn't this forum a form of contact with them?
Sorry a bit snippy. No, sadly it's more top down communication. Devs post here but seldom interact. Probably Pavel and Ryan but this Forum is more of a Players discussion Forum with really helpfull and dedicated mods I have to add. Fell free to ask any question but the dev team uses Twitter and Reddit

If this is only going to go off-topic now that the question has been answered rather thoroughly, might as well lock it... I'm watching.

Top Bottom