PS4 installation after install 1.51 update gets corrupted.

+
From the major channels only heard Last Known Meal report on this.
I wonder, it's just a wonder, if the problem is related to this patch note:
  • Added Spanish voiceover support in the Americas (PlayStation codes: CUSA-16596 and CUSA-16597). Due to technical constraints, it is available only on next-gen consoles. For further details on language support see: Xbox, PlayStation.

I have been patient for a year since his release. I was looking forward to it but couldn't enjoy it because of the condition on ps4 and when it is finally stable to my liking, after more than a year of waiting, I buy it and can't even play it. I know it won't do anything but I can't help but complain because I've never seen that in my life.
Post automatically merged:

Well who the hell doesn't test everthing before releasing a patch?
Like for the release of the game on ps4 and xbox one. Either not tested enough or simply ignored

From the major channels only heard Last Known Meal report on this.
I wonder, it's just a wonder, if the problem is related to this patch note:
  • Added Spanish voiceover support in the Americas (PlayStation codes: CUSA-16596 and CUSA-16597). Due to technical constraints, it is available only on next-gen consoles. For further details on language support see: Xbox, PlayStation.
I don't think so. I don't know anything about it but if it's only present for this language then I can tell you that it's not because it affects all players, for all countries

Last edited:
I have been patient for a year since his release. I was looking forward to it but couldn't enjoy it because of the condition on ps4 and when it is finally stable to my liking, after more than a year of waiting, I buy it and can't even play it. I know it won't do anything but I can't help but complain because I've never seen that in my life.

Like for the release of the game on ps4 and xbox one. Either not tested enough or simply ignored

I don't think so. I don't know anything about it but if it's only present for this language then I can tell you that it's not because it affects all players, for all countries
was thinking - was it you that mentioned copyrights? - something along the lines of when they opened certain copyrights protocols to include this language something got fucked up.

I figure the developers did test the game with the patch on the PS4 but they probably used the digital download so they probably didn't have a problem, and did not anticipate that there would be a problem with the physical disk. I'm just going to just wait patiently until they figure it out. I'm sure, they don't want to lose their PS4 gamers, and I am sure they are working on it. I just retired. I've got time.

Does this mean that everyone on ps4 lost their save files as well?
Only those who believed the message and deleted their backups, and by the way, those who did that are the biggest victims among us and they deserve compensation

You're overthinking this. Normally you would test a patch before releasing it.
This^
Also calls into question Sony's certification process/criteria - if it even has one, because we're in a similar situation to original release where apparently the game was good enough to distribute yet that situation deteriorated into the whole refund/game being removed from the Playstation Store debacle.

I figure the developers did test the game with the patch on the PS4 but they probably used the digital download so they probably didn't have a problem, and did not anticipate that there would be a problem with the physical disk. I'm just going to just wait patiently until they figure it out. I'm sure, they don't want to lose their PS4 gamers, and I am sure they are working on it. I just retired. I've got time.
But which self respecting programmer even does that? You test everything right? I just can't wrap my head around this.

But which self respecting programmer even does that? You test everything right? I just can't wrap my head around this.
Not when publishers are desperate to get it out in time. Even if it's free DLC, they want to honor the studio's image.

To be honest, I don't know. I don't know what a normal protocol is for testing a patch is. I know at the very least they would have to test it on all systems. I just thought since it involved coding that using the digital version would probably be the way it was done???

IT appears to be all the disc versions for ps4 and that's the issue. My only point was the other patches worked. This one did not and it might not be as quick a fix as it would appear if they changed their whole verification coding in this version. Not everyone who works for cdpr is a developer either. They have certain people doing that and not everyone knows what they are doing. You'd think that would be the case but like everything else people who know what they are doing are not as plentiful as you would think. Kind of funny really but no joke. They don't have the experience. These companies don't hire enough people because of downtime etc, etc. CDPR is not that big a company in and of itself.

They clearly changed something was my only point and it has to do with when it checks the disc and tries to launch and immediately craps out. So just thinking logically there. That could be a number of things but most likely has to do with the verification in some form or copyright protection. That's all.

It may be a case where they tried improving their security as well because of all the hacks they have been seeing and it lead to this. I agree releasing the game like that is seems like a huge oversight that the entire ps4 disc version would not work. That is a large oversight. But again with the amount of misinformation out there and people these days it's not surprising. Just listening to some of the developers in ways. They sound ADD some of them. Young people etc. They don't have experience. They are in high paying jobs. They don't all know everything. Some of them don't even know how to program. They have all these big ideas. They forget to do very simple things. It used to be where you would roll out a patch and expect to have issues and work through them Especially when dealing with different hardware and platforms. This seems to be a pretty big oversight.

Why i'm guessing they upped their security and it worked on their copies in house and not so much with all the other copies of the disc that are out there. Or it could have been they just never tested the disc version they are so in lala land.

I have not heard anyone with the disc version say it's working so I"m assuming it's all ps4 people with the disc. It's also debateable how much coding they actually do on something like that anyways. They could be using some preexisting verification system who knows and it was just not set up properly. Development by and large is a lot of work so don't be too hard on them. They are also being paid to know what they are doing. I get they don't know what they are doing in ways. But flying off the deep end and making it worse doesn't really solve that.

Finally an article on Polygon, but even there the title is "Cyberpunk 2077 devs probing crash issues on PS4, PC" which is inaccurate. The game won't boot, at all, on PS4 disc. That's not a crash. The crash issue is with PC. Still amazing that 2 days later, from IGN to Jim Sterling, there's been no serious coverage of the fact that millions of PS4 disc owners can't even boot their purchased copy of Cyberpunk. Journalists who make it here to this thread should be doing stories on this: how from media coverage to reddit posts, the narrative is "great update" and this thing about millions of PS4 discs not working has been disproportionately discussed, and it's all strangely familiar from how the narrative played out around the game's pre-release/release relative to PS4.

If you're here and you have this problem: create a profile somewhere, post a comment somewhere, speak up on your social media platforms, let people know what's going on with this situation, with the lack of apology and lack of proportionate media attention to this update making millions of PS4 discs fail to operate at the same time as the current gen version is released.

I respect your opinion and the idea of giving voice for the ongoing problem, but the reality is no one of the so called 'youtube creators' or well known internet game media give a $#!T about our problems. The fact that they even didn't put enough attention to the problem and I am 100% sure they aren't aware what exactly is going on is figurative enough if these people can be trusted when it comes to reviews, opinions, and any information whatsoever. Their actions speak well enough for themselves.

And to be honest, I am extremely happy of the things turning the way they are currently, because now I know those people are liars and they will do anything to keep their subscriptions, likes, followers counting, but they will never tell the truth.

I noticed this last week when I was searching for a new replacement GPS watch for my outdoor activities and now I am seeing the same pattern here - the so called 'content creators' will spent endless hours explaining how everything is great, flawless, how they tested it under every possible condition, put it into unbelievable abuse, but in the reality, the product owners (those who actually purchased the item) will speak totally different story, in not so positive way.

My only point is the data is not actually corrupted. It may corrupt when it tries to launch. But all the other versions work and the downloadable version works which is the same thing. So it has to do when it checks the disc. It's just weird it worked for every other patch so they clearly changed something. It may be a simple fix. It may not depending on what they changed. They may have changed their entire verification system around for all we know. They may have just forgot to copy over the original ini. I'm guessing it's not that because that would be a simple fix. They more than likely rewrote their entire verification process for security reasons. It's working everywhere else. It's not working on ps4 for some reason.

I respect your opinion and the idea of giving voice for the ongoing problem, but the reality is no one of the so called 'youtube creators' or well known internet game media give a $#!T about our problems. The fact that they even didn't put enough attention to the problem and I am 100% sure they aren't aware what exactly is going on is figurative enough if these people can be trusted when it comes to reviews, opinions, and any information whatsoever. Their actions speak well enough for themselves.

And to be honest, I am extremely happy of the things turning the way they are currently, because now I know those people are liars and they will do anything to keep their subscriptions, likes, followers counting, but they will never tell the truth.

I noticed this last week when I was searching for a new replacement GPS watch for my outdoor activities and now I am seeing the same pattern here - the so called 'content creators' will spent endless hours explaining how everything is great, flawless, how they tested it under every possible condition, put it into unbelievable abuse, but in the reality, the product owners (those who actually purchased the item) will speak totally different story, in not so positive way.
Thank you for your reply. I agree they're not to be trusted. I'm also under no delusions that their role is to care. What I would have expected would be a proportion coverage of articles from Kotaku etc along the lines of: "Latest Cyberpunk 2077 Update Disables All PS4 Disc Copies But Adds Current Gen Version" because that's closer to the truth and would get them the clicks they are in business to get.

My only point is the data is not actually corrupted. It may corrupt when it tries to launch. But all the other versions work and the downloadable version works which is the same thing. So it has to do when it checks the disc. It's just weird it worked for every other patch so they clearly changed something. It may be a simple fix. It may not depending on what they changed. They may have changed their entire verification system around for all we know. They may have just forgot to copy over the original ini. I'm guessing it's not that because that would be a simple fix. They more than likely rewrote their entire verification process for security reasons. It's working everywhere else. It's not working on ps4 for some reason.
But you don't know that for sure. Why do you insist on repeating this?

ALl these conspiracy theories like they did this to get people to buy the downloadable version are pretty much that at this point. I wouldn't put it past some of these people. Because people are greedy. It's probably more they don't care in other ways though. Their heads are in the clouds and tehy are rushing this stuff out and trying to do so many things at once and they literally don't know what they are doing or have a wrap on things. They literally lack that integrity. So many people do though if you really listen. To the news and everything else. I agree in ways i would not let that happen. But that's me. People make mistakes and communication and all of that. But that's me and I"m more honest than that. When dealing with young people and especially the stuff that is out there. Just read it. It's understandable why this happens. People are not with it.

But you don't know that for sure. Why do you insist on repeating this?
Bceause I'm going by what I know for sure. Everything else is just conjecture at this point. And that's my point. It's like ADD in a nutshell. Computers don't lie like people do?

Top Bottom