PS4 installation after install 1.51 update gets corrupted.

+
My only point is the data is not actually corrupted. It may corrupt when it tries to launch. But all the other versions work and the downloadable version works which is the same thing. So it has to do when it checks the disc. It's just weird it worked for every other patch so they clearly changed something. It may be a simple fix. It may not depending on what they changed. They may have changed their entire verification system around for all we know. They may have just forgot to copy over the original ini. I'm guessing it's not that because that would be a simple fix. They more than likely rewrote their entire verification process for security reasons. It's working everywhere else. It's not working on ps4 for some reason.
That's my thoughts
If the update work on the digital version, the update is "fine". It's "only" the verification who return (for reason that I don't know) datas/files/game as corrupted.
(the update is the same whatever if the game is on disc or digital).

ALl these conspiracy theories like they did this to get people to buy the downloadable version are pretty much that at this point. I wouldn't put it past some of these people. Because people are greedy. It's probably more they don't care in other ways though. Their heads are in the clouds and tehy are rushing this stuff out and trying to do so many things at once and they literally don't know what they are doing or have a wrap on things. They literally lack that integrity. So many people do though if you really listen. To the news and everything else. I agree in ways i would not let that happen. But that's me. People make mistakes and communication and all of that. But that's me and I"m more honest than that. When dealing with young people and especially the stuff that is out there. Just read it. It's understandable why this happens. People are not with it.
Post automatically merged:

Bceause I'm going by what I know for sure. Everything else is just conjecture at this point. And that's my point. It's like ADD in a nutshell. Computers don't lie like people do?
Personally I want to wait, I'll pester them if I have to (if I haven't already) but I'll have a patch that won't cause any more problems
Post automatically merged:

When I saw videos of version 1.5 that showed a lot of good improvements it made my heart ache because I can't enjoy them

you have to take into account cd projekt red had to build this game from scratch. Rockstar has been doing this kind of logic for years. CDPR built the witcher 3 over time which is a completely different game with different logic. How often do you see a completely new ip come out and be perfect? It's for this reason. Uncharted 1 did not have nearly as much going on as Uncharted 2. People do not have the understanding they think they do. The internet is full of this stuff and worse and people communicating lies themselves. It's kind of what it is and just making it worse.

I want developers trying different things. ANd so do people. They say all these things, and when they do, this is what happens. You think you know. You don't know. And before anyone assumes something there either I'm not saying cdpr does either. But that's the point.

People need to start somewhere. Unfortunately a lot of the time if you look around they start from the wrong place.

Last edited:
Do you think retailers like Amazon, GameStop, WalMart etc have been informing customers the last couple days when they sell this game: "This PS4 copy of Cyberpunk does not boot unless you disconnect from the internet or disable auto update. It is sold As Is, restricted to offline Version 1.00 indefinitely."

Imagine if an auto manufacturer released an update that made 1 in every 7 cars not start. Imagine if a smartphone maker released an update that made 1 in every 7 phones not power on. And then you, the customer, goes in and buys one of these non-functioning devices at full price with zero heads-up from the retailer. How are you gonna feel when you go to start your new car and it won't turn on? How are you gonna feel if you go to start your new phone and it won't power on? They already have your money.

Then you go to the retailer, you ask, Did you know about this? When will my car be able to start? Why are you selling something you don't know doesn't work and you don't know when it will be fixed? And you accepted my money like what you were selling me was a normal functioning product when it isn't at all, and you should know that.

So retailers now find themselves in the position Sony was in with digital copies, and they pull all PS4 discs from the shelves because they don't wanna be sued or whatever their lawyers advise them. Meanwhile CDPR finds themselves in a position where PS4 discs are no longer sold anywhere, which will help them choke out PS4 support until they can finally focus exclusively on current gen and PC.

Perhaps the reason we're not seeing this issue correctly, adequately reported on the largest game media sites is that those sites have 3rd party ad deals with retailers that sell Cyberpunk PS4 discs, and the lawyers of those retailers who are selling those discs know that it's not a good grey area they're getting drug through by CDPR. There's some interesting facets in this as far as retailer's obligation to inform customers in this kind of situation and customer's expectations of being able to update a game or connect a game to the internet. Think about it.

Last edited:
Do you think retailers like Amazon, GameStop, WalMart etc having been informing customers the last couple days when they sell this game: "This PS4 copy of Cyberpunk does not boot unless you disconnect from the internet or disable auto update. It is sold As Is, restricted to offline Version 1.00 indefinitely."

Imagine if an auto manufacturer released an update that made 1 in every 15 cars not start. Imagine if a smartphone maker released an updated that made 1 in every 15 phones not power on. And then you, the customer, goes in and buys one of these non-functioning devices at full price with zero heads-up from the retailer. How are you gonna feel when you go to start your new car and it won't turn on? How are you gonna feel if you go to start your new phone and it won't power on?

Then you go to the retailer, you ask, Did you know about this? When will my car be able to start? Why are you selling something you don't know doesn't work and you don't know when it will be fixed? And you accepted my money like what you were selling me was a normal functioning product when it isn't at all, and you should know that.

So retailers now find themselves in the position Sony was in with digital copies, and they pull all PS4 discs from the shelves because they don't wanna be sued or whatever their lawyers advise them. Meanwhile CDPR finds themselves in a position where PS4 discs are no longer sold anywhere, which will help them choke out PS4 support until they can finally focus exclusively on current gen and PC.

Perhaps the reason we're not seeing this issue correctly, adequately reported on the largest game media sites is that those sites have 3rd party ad deals with retailers that sell Cyberpunk PS4 discs, and the lawyers of those retailers who are selling these discs know that it's not a good grey area they're getting drug through by CDPR. There's some interesting facets in this as far as retailer's obligation to inform customers in this kind of situatino and customer's expectations of being able to update a game or connect a game to the internet. Think about it.
I’m on PS4 Pro and I was thinking the exact same thing just a moment ago haha now fanboy’s bring it, ;)

I hope this isn't a problem that needs to be solved between CDPR and Sony. Something tells me that would take a long while
If it's the case, it will be done later and in private I think. If it lasts too long, it's not good for anyone :(
I wonder why no one asks to Sony/playstation to communicate or furnish explanations. Because it's an update available in a playstation store, with a playstation account, on a playstation game and on a playstation console.

Oh wait they released a new wallpaper on Twitter. Big whoop.

Here I fixed it for you CDPR.

This is going to actually be in my cell phone wallpaper thank you

The guy that does the Open Worlds youtube channel finally addressed it, but he kind of glossed over the situation fairly quick and said he thought that CDPR did not place a very high priority on PS 4 machines. Rather they were focused on the PS5/Xbox X/S. I really hope he is wrong cause there are a lot of ps4/pro machines out there. PS5 machines are damned near impossible to find if you do not want to pay scalper prices.

The DEVs and CP77 managing staff has not proven in any ways compassionate about their users, people who are paying their salary, offices, their profits. Most of the users affected have spoken about no email returns when sending a request for support about these PS4 issues.

If CD Projekt Red is not willing to reply, listen, test out corrently their product, patches ( like a cook serving uncook meat in a restaurant ). Any purchases, clients are protected by the "The Consumer Protection Act" and "Consumer protection laws" that garanties a paid good to be working correct, if not exchanged or replaced.

A Class Action against CD Projekt Red is coming. I hope mods here will transfer this message to their handlers.

Last edited:
The guy that does the Open Worlds youtube channel finally addressed it, but he kind of glossed over the situation fairly quick and said he thought that CDPR did not place a very high priority on PS 4 machines. Rather they were focused on the PS5/Xbox X/S. I really hope he is wrong cause there are a lot of ps4/pro machines out there. PS5 machines are damned near impossible to find if you do not want to pay scalper prices.
The PS4 Pro is a totaly different console than PS4 in strenght.

CPU wise: In calculation, specs.

The PS4 - 2.4 Teraflops per second
The PS4 Pro - 4.8 Teraflops per second
The PS5 - 6.0 Teraflops per second

Us PS4 Pro users can definitly handle a better patch and similair boost like the PS5 users.
But fking CD Garbage Projekt puts PS4 users and PS4 PRO! users in the same basket, not difference for them. When the console are different.

I'm legitimately fine with them leaving the PS4 behind when it comes to future content. That's what happens when a game comes out at the end of one console cycle but is still having content made for it into a new console cycle. But releasing an update that makes it impossible to play the game that's being left behind is unacceptable. I honestly have never heard of this happening before

[...]
I'm legitimately fine with them leaving the PS4 behind when it comes to future content. That's what happens when a game comes out at the end of one console cycle but is still having content made for it into a new console cycle. But releasing an update that makes it impossible to play the game that's being left behind is unacceptable. I honestly have never heard of this happening before
Its not like everybody can migrate to PS5 or PCs too. FFS, the PS5 is back order for months, not available anywhere ( outside of scalpers who sell it over 2000$, and it should be illegal, fyi ). PC's graphic cards are WAY overpriced because of Bitcoin miners. The whole chip shortage is putting alot of orders on halt too.

Migrating magicly to next Gen, is currently no go because of shortage, and the amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
I caved in. Deleting my disc version install now. Downloading the digital copy for $25 and taxes. Long live CDPR and hope they don’t sell out to bigger companies in the future but I’ll continue supporting them despite this huge mishap. I’ll talk to you all later.

I caved in. Deleting my disc version install now. Downloading the digital copy for $25 and taxes. Long live CDPR and hope they don’t sell out to bigger companies in the future but I’ll continue supporting them despite this huge mishap. I’ll talk to you all later.
That's tuff, i get we all want to just play the damn game with the new update but like no one should feel forced to buy the digital version just to play and not to mention giving them more money in the process is just beyond ridiculous. I respect everyone decision on what they want or feel like doing but for this issue i recommend NOT buying the digital version and giving CDPR more money.

Guys dont be mad at those who bought the digital one. It's not their fault that they dont want to wait for the fix. Blame CDPR!!
It's pretty justified to be a little mad if someone buys a digital version to replace their disc version at this point. It makes CDPR think it's ok to treat their customers like crap.

It's pretty justified to be a little mad if someone buys a digital version to replace their disc version at this point. It makes CDPR think it's ok to treat their customers like crap.
I doubt that a lot of people did that so i dont think CDPR will just forget about the issue. There is still disc versions that people buy around the world and if it will take long for the fix people will turn the game back which must lead for some sort of scandal.

Top Bottom