Quest Bugged: The Nithing

+
Quest Bugged: The Nithing

Attempted quest at level 21. After speaking with Lothar, I used witcher senses on the Nithing and followed the trail to the shawl. I was then directed to find the shawl's owner in town. Once in town, I spoke with Jonna, who I understand, is the owner. When I speak with her, though, there are no dialogue options other than to buy herbs or end the conversation. I am unable to progress in the quest as a result. Is this a known bug? Is anyone else experiencing this?

You have to talk to a woman in a house first, who will tell you that the owner is Jonna. After that, go talk to her

Guest 3823474

You have to talk to a woman in a house first, who will tell you that the owner is Jonna. After that, go talk to her

I have the same problem. Can't go straight to Jonna and none of the people in town I can talk to.

There is a woman toward the beach that you have to talk to first. She's the only person in the village that has the "TALK" icon above her (besides the merchants and Jonna of course). Once you talk to her she'll tell you that the shawl belongs to Jonna and than you can confront Jonna.

If you can't find the woman just walk past every woman in the village (it's a small village, you should be done in 5 minutes tops) until you find the one that you can interact with. Also, you have to be close to the woman in order for the icon to appear, and she's a random generic skellige woman, so there is no way to distinguish her form the rest of the folk.

Also the quest is quite low level (14-15 if my memory serves me) so it will give you only 5 xp if you are lvl 20 or higher.

Last edited:

Guest 3823474

Finally found her! I had to arrive at night and then meditate to 8 am to make her appear. Yes, at the beach, and I definitely tried to talk to every single villager before, so to others having problems finding her, try meditating and looking for her at different times. She's near the beach where the row of beach houses begins and named "Skellige Woman" and the talk symbols won't help, since they're the same for all the NPCs, whether you can actually have a conversation with them or not.
As a sidenote, this is one of those frustrating quests where you are given a choice of two somewhat ignorant extreme choices and no option to mediate and figure out all the details. Both parties involved say things that kinda clash. The quest should not just end when it does. It is very unsatisfying.

Top Bottom