Questions on getting started

+
Good evening, I am an Italian android player, I was waiting for this game and I am really enjoying it, even if entering late leaves me many questions. First of all, how should I proceed? Am I doing well to move forward in all the new trees of the elf season, or should I do the basic ones first? I'm a "practical" player, I'm not interested in ornaments etc. but let's go ahead with the collection and have strong cards. I am currently level 44 and grade 19.
Then, in the game I find no way to get the ThoneBreacker cards. Is it an old expansion and will I never have those 22 cards?
Finally, is there no Italian community?
Thanks if anyone with good heart answers me :)

Seasonal trees are available for only one month, so if you don't care about ornaments, you can invest into them, but it is a vaste of RP unless you finish them. I would suggest choosing some expansion tree (Iron judgement, Merchants, Novigrad, ...) and finish that. On the other hand, if you want some borders and card backs, seasonal trees are the way to go.
Thronebreaker cards can be crafted or obtained from basic kegs, but premium versions can be obtained only in Thronebreaker (it is a stand-alone game, and it's pretty damn good).

Can someone tell me why queen Adalia cant summon blue strip commandos or scouts? I thought they were bronze cards?

Payus

Forum regular
Can someone tell me why queen Adalia cant summon blue strip commandos or scouts? I thought they were bronze cards?

were they in your hand?

Her skill is: Deploy: Spawn and play a base copy of a bronze unit from your hand, then give it a Shield.

Maybe you confused her ability with Artorious Vigo's : Assimilate. Deploy: Create and play a 1-power copy of a bronze unit from your starting deck.

If I've used princess paveta to bring the commandos back from my graveyard to me deck can I then target them to bring into play with Adalia?
Post automatically merged:

I've just played her on turn 3 when I know I have a blue scout in my hand but she doesnt do anything, just lands on the board for 3 pts!

Last edited:
Hi I would like to open a new thread with some feedback and questions in my post below. If it's not possible please delete it. Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new here and playing this game now for three weeks and I feel I'm reaching already a breakpoint which makes me unsure to continue playing. Playing mostly Monsters, have decent SK deck, too and improving ST and level is 53-9 (not sure what this really means). There are 3 major problems for me (it's only my opinion and no offend):

1) Progression at my point is almost zero, rarely keys and only gold or scraps from GG and you know how much this is ;) So forging new cards especially higher level ones are not existent anymore. I would consider buying some minor stuff in the shop but it's looks all very randomly and there are the next 2 points.

2) I know there some discussions about it here in the forum but I would like to point it out too. It's the Nilfgard faction. Absolutly no fun to play against. Always the same pattern, defender, poisoning, blocking, scenerio and all this often multiply times in one game. Even with some purify cards in most cases I often stand no chance. It's so fun to play against all other factions which all have nice and different tactis and there are wins and losses (like it should be - at least for me). Also I'm facing >70% NG players... don't understand what's so fun about it.

3) Last but not least... some questionable cards (I'm playing none of them)
Matta Hu'uri - stupid card, everyone has this and it's blocking the occurance of other cool 9 provision faction cards
Royal decree - same as above, this could be a faction only card maybe for NR
Yennefer invocation - totally op and unfair card, facing this more and more often and it's not only always destroying your best card, it's played against you later.
Geralt Yrden - similar op and more and more present, at least I can prepare a bit better against it
Damien de la Tour - don't know why a card must exist which reenables the leader ability which should be unique and it's stealing again one of your units (because 2-3 already stolen cards are not enough) or simlilar shenanigans. It's not that the NG leader abilities are weak, so why 2 times... Sometimes I can take him out but not very often.
Korathi-Heatwave - Also so a cheap and powerful card everyone's playing which require no tactic investment or something

All in all I like the game but I'm a bit unsure, because gaming has to be fun and this is beginning to lacking. So how is the opion of other (new) players or has anybody some hints for the 3 points?
Also are there changes to be expected for cards or someting similar? How was this in the past?

Thanks

Payus

Forum regular
If I've used princess paveta to bring the commandos back from my graveyard to me deck can I then target them to bring into play with Adalia?
Post automatically merged:

I've just played her on turn 3 when I know I have a blue scout in my hand but she doesnt do anything, just lands on the board for 3 pts!

In your hand means the cards you have to play right now, in your deck means the cards you have not drawn yet.
Adalia works only if you have drawn the bronze card you want to copy.
It must be in your hand, not in your deck.

Hello!
Please explain me some things about Gwent. I'm a new player and I THINK some things are wrong, but propably i just dont understand the mechanics of game.

Playing starting monster deck (google says its best for noobs). Im getting stomped by players with decks full of cards i never seen, with many synergies and such. I dont think they are newbies like me... So - time for questions:

1. How the "matchmaking" works in Gwent?
2.Is there any sense for me to start playing now? Maybe its too late for new players?

Thanks!

Im getting stomped by players with decks full of cards i never seen

It's best to read the cards (including the factions you don't play) or watch streams on Twitch to get a general idea of how the game is moving. The "rare" cards are few and you won't see them very often (Like Regis, Dragons Dream, Ragh nar Roog)
Even with HC you can lose too much (One of the simplest decks to use and sadly too strong to be so simple) if you don't know how the others work.

You don't necessarily have to be paired with veteran players for you to see those who use better strategies, they may also be copying from the internet, they just maybe read more than you did before copying their deck and they use a stronger one.

Is there any sense for me to start playing now? Maybe its too late for new players?

Not really, especially since very few of all available cards are used.

Another 2 lost games.
My opponents controled whole game. I feel like an idiot trying to win a single game. Sometimes, very rarely i can feel that my opponent is a newbie, just like me. Doing stupid things and such.

But most of my games? Enemy never excedes 9 power on any unit - rendering my Gerald card useless. And they usually have great synergy decks - like my latest adversary - Northern Kingdoms, cards powering up other cards, cards doing dmg when a soldier card is played and so on.

Maybe there is a place where i can find some starter decks for noobs? Because so far i struggle to have fun in Gwent:)
IMO Hearstone was better for beginners. I quickly understood the rules and had MUCH more wins than in Gwent. Making or changing something in deck is strange in Gwent too, too many cards/abilities.

Another 2 lost games.
My opponents controled whole game. I feel like an idiot trying to win a single game. Sometimes, very rarely i can feel that my opponent is a newbie, just like me. Doing stupid things and such.

But most of my games? Enemy never excedes 9 power on any unit - rendering my Gerald card useless. And they usually have great synergy decks - like my latest adversary - Northern Kingdoms, cards powering up other cards, cards doing dmg when a soldier card is played and so on.

Maybe there is a place where i can find some starter decks for noobs? Because so far i struggle to have fun in Gwent:)
IMO Hearstone was better for beginners. I quickly understood the rules and had MUCH more wins than in Gwent. Making or changing something in deck is strange in Gwent too, too many cards/abilities.
Gwent requires some time to get into, but it's very generous. My advice: choose a faction you like, farm enough resources and make yourself a meta deck.
Wait until the new patch hits though, as things are going to change

I intend to stay with the game. just trying to understand some things.
Is there any place i can find some good starting deck? I was stupid enugh to delete the ones i started with and i think that's the reason im loosing so much. I'm sure i just made a terrible deck and that's the reason im loosing so much.
I have some monster cards collected so far from barrels (game says i have 86/135 monster cards)

Top Bottom