Questions on getting started

+
Good evening, I am an Italian android player, I was waiting for this game and I am really enjoying it, even if entering late leaves me many questions. First of all, how should I proceed? Am I doing well to move forward in all the new trees of the elf season, or should I do the basic ones first? I'm a "practical" player, I'm not interested in ornaments etc. but let's go ahead with the collection and have strong cards. I am currently level 44 and grade 19.
Then, in the game I find no way to get the ThoneBreacker cards. Is it an old expansion and will I never have those 22 cards?
Finally, is there no Italian community?
Thanks if anyone with good heart answers me :)

Hi, best way I found out, as someone suggested on this forum, is to only unlock "Story Nodes" because they give a lot of gold, witch you should use to buy/craft faction kegs. Doing so you will build a base deck pretty soon, and by milling the duplicate cards you get extra scraps for the cards you really want.
As for an Italian community, you can at least try Twich.tv. There are some italian streamers, so you can adress some of your questions in the chat.

Best of luck.

About questions of the game... anyone has anything on the third Journey Quest of the week 5 (Jaskier/Dandilion path)? boost 15 enemy units?

Look for cards that just say boost a unit (as opposed to boost an ally) and use those on your opponent’s cards. Nenneke, swallow, Mahakam ale, and ointment either are cheap or come in starter decks. Usually these boosts are illogical an may cost you the match; but they will quickly fulfill the quest.

Alternatively, you can use a card that has a side effect of boosting an enemy - these are rarer and might take much longer, but may be less likely to throw a round. Nilfgaardian knight and Ard Feainn tortoise are the two such cards of which I am aware.

Good evening, I am an Italian android player, I was waiting for this game and I am really enjoying it, even if entering late leaves me many questions. First of all, how should I proceed? Am I doing well to move forward in all the new trees of the elf season, or should I do the basic ones first? I'm a "practical" player, I'm not interested in ornaments etc. but let's go ahead with the collection and have strong cards. I am currently level 44 and grade 19.
Then, in the game I find no way to get the ThoneBreacker cards. Is it an old expansion and will I never have those 22 cards?
Finally, is there no Italian community?
Thanks if anyone with good heart answers me :)
I'm probably too late, but there is an active Italian Gwent community on Facebook. It's called "Gwent Italia" it has a Radeyah picture.

Just to point point out here, because it seems appropriate for this thread -

I'm a new player, been playing for around a month and a half. And I'm absolutely loving it, so much so.

I've spent a little money on the game so far. I bought two of the starter faction packs (the ones that give you a faction specific Avatar border) - and I bought the premium season pass thing.

Since then, in this month and a half - I've reached level 80 (or really, 60 plus 20) - and reached rank 10 last month, in standard ranked play.

My collection, incase any other new players are interested, is as follows.

Monsters - 116/135 cards
Nilfgaard - 92/135
Northern Realms - 114/133
Scoia'tael - 77/133
Skellige - 64/135
Syndicate - 145/171
Neutral - 86/250

My only gripe, is that after I completed the Season Pass a couple of days ago - the weekly Season Pass quests now do absolutely nothing. So collecting reward points does feel a little bit slower now.

But other than that, simply amazing.

Top Bottom