Quick Question... How far am I? [no spoilers]

+
"Beat the game" :rolleyes:

You can "beat" Morrowind in 3 minutes. Doesn't tell you much about the game. Does make you wonder about the player, though.

Yes. Beat the game. They played the story missions without skipping cutscenes.

like it or not, that’s beating the game. They played start to finish. Side quests are optional. That’s why they’re called side quests lol.

and a speed run is a disingenuous comparison, to say the least. Show me a play through of Morrowind where the person plays all the main missions, and doesn’t skip dialogue. See how long that takes.

CDPR shit the bed with this game. They rushed it and got greedy and the story suffered. That’s just how it is. Sorry if you can’t see that.
Post automatically merged:

You can beat most games in very short time if you pay no attention to the story whatsoever. There are even Skyrim Speedruns in 90 Minutes or less. But unless you want to break a record for me there's no good reason to play a game like that.

I'm doing my second playthrough right now...and even after 50 hours there's still enough content (and once in a while I even discover things I missed the first time). Sure, I could have started the final mission 20 hours ago but that would have meant on missing out on a lot.

I’m not talking about speed runs though, am I?

the story consists of the main missions. The main missions are beatable in under 10 hours. Therefore, the story can be understood and beaten within 10 hours.

like it or not, that’s beating the game. They played start to finish. Side quests are optional. That’s why they’re called side quests lol.

and a speed run is a disingenuous comparison, to say the least. Show me a play through of Morrowind where the person plays all the main missions, and doesn’t skip dialogue. See how long that takes.

CDPR shit the bed with this game. They rushed it and got greedy and the story suffered. That’s just how it is. Sorry if you can’t see that.
Post automatically merged:

the story consists of the main missions. The main missions are beatable in under 10 hours. Therefore, the story can be understood and beaten within 10 hours.
A VERSION of the story exists that isn't particularly long if people really want to play the fast version of the game for busy people. But the game makes quite plain that other options are available and if people want to play only the bare minimum, well, more fool them.

A VERSION of the story exists that isn't particularly long if people really want to play the fast version of the game for busy people. But the game makes quite plain that other options are available and if people want to play only the bare minimum, well, more fool them.
No, they beat THE story. Side quests don’t change the story. They add to the world building, sure. But they are fluff when you’re talking about the premise of the story. They don’t change the outcome. The story is abysmally short and the backgrounds are so insignificant a replay is pointless.

CDPR should have made a Witcher 3 length story instead of relying on gimmicks.

No, they beat THE story. Side quests don’t change the story. They add to the world building, sure. But they are fluff when you’re talking about the premise of the story. They don’t change the outcome. The story is abysmally short and the backgrounds are so insignificant a replay is pointless.

CDPR should have made a Witcher 3 length story instead of relying on gimmicks.
Sorry but in what way do they not change the outcome? Various endings are not even available if you don't play beyond the main story.

I wonder if you have played the game or if it's just bad faith :(
Without skipping any dialogue/drive/cutscene, there is no way to beat the game in 10 hours, impossible. To complete the heist (and get out the apartment) from the very beginning it already take more than 5 hours whitout skipping anything, easily...
So beat the game in 10 hours... even by choosing the shortest ending (bullet in the head) and always use TP....:ohstopit:

Anyway if you only complete the main quest and skipping the dialogues/rides/cutscenes, you can't understand the story. It's a "speed run/rush" :D

Next time I eat out I'll 'beat the restaurant' by just walking in, leaving a tip and going. Food's just optional. Next time I read a murder mystery I'll 'beat the book' by skipping to the last chapter, all the set-up is just padding... Then I'll write a review saying how cheated I feel...

Sorry, but I think complaining that a game is short if you DELIBERATELY skip a huge amount of the content provided is a meaningless criticism. It's a fact that the player can skip a lot. So what? Their choice.

Next time I eat out I'll 'beat the restaurant' by just walking in, leaving a tip and going. Food's just optional. Next time I read a murder mystery I'll 'beat the book' by skipping to the last chapter, all the set-up is just padding... Then I'll write a review saying how cheated I feel...

Sorry, but I think complaining that a game is short if you DELIBERATELY skip a huge amount of the content provided is a meaningless criticism. It's a fact that the player can skip a lot. So what? Their choice.

Finishing the main story is “beating” the game. No one is saying that a person who ONLY completes the main quest is a completionist, but that person has beaten the game. I have beaten the game and I only bothered with the main story and all of the side quests. Skipped all the gigs and cyber psycho quests because they’re too grindy.

I have beaten the game and I only bothered with the main story and all of the side quests. Skipped all the gigs and cyber psycho quests because they’re too grindy.
Yeah, even NCPD Scanner Hustles ;)
But even by completing only main quests and side quests, it require far more than 10 hours...

Yeah, even NCPD Scanner Hustles ;)
But even by completing only main quests and side quests, it require far more than 10 hours...

It took me around 65 hours to complete the game without doing the “trash quests”. I have done this twice, once on the PC and once on the PS4. I will probably do the same again once the next-gen patch is out on the PS5.

Top Bottom