Quicksaving the game on Console

+
Quicksaving the game on Console

Unfortunately i can't buy the PC version at the moment so i'm stuck with the PS4 version, i was wondering if there is a way we can get a quicksaving option maybe with the touchpad or something, is that possible?

I would assume no, it won't be possible. I can't even remember one single console game with a quicksave feature, ever.

It's an issue with less buttons, quick save is somewhat of a luxury. I use luxury in the most mundane way, but you get my meaning. It's not "necessary" it's just nice to have, so if they have a spare button they might include it, but it won't be a priority. A few games have done it as previously said.

I haven't played on consoles in a few years, but the D-pad tends to be ignored, so maybe they could map it to up on the d-pad, and map quick load to down. Seems like it could work.

But is it really just a matter of buttons? I always thought that it is usually ignored because of the strucure of a console.

I am no expert on that, but due to the absence of such a function in almost all games, it was always my impression that it isn't makeable, otherwise it doesn't make sense for me to not implement a quicksave function.

Well you can probably save and load the game from the pause menu, isn't that the same thing? Quicksaving just makes that quicker

But is it really just a matter of buttons? I always thought that it is usually ignored because of the strucure of a console.

I am no expert on that, but due to the absence of such a function in almost all games, it was always my impression that it isn't makeable, otherwise it doesn't make sense for me to not implement a quicksave function.

You do realize that there's absolutely no difference between a quicksave and a normal save, right? The only reason there's usually no quicksave button is because there's not enough buttons on the controller to warrant doing something that you could just do in the pause menu.

It's not that hard to do, and is very useful, but too few developers use controllers to their full extent.

Only a few put it to as good use as the Arkham games

You do realize that there's absolutely no difference between a quicksave and a normal save, right? The only reason there's usually no quicksave button is because there's not enough buttons on the controller to warrant doing something that you could just do in the pause menu.

Yeah, i know, but i don't play much on consoles (or at all), so i never bothered to think about it much. So in the end the dev just don't make it? A pity.

Top Bottom