REDKit Witcher 3?

+

uriel_

Forum regular
REDKit Witcher 3?

Pardon if this was asked/answered already but I looked and didn't find anything.

I know the REDkit for Witcher 3 was cancelled and Marcin's tweet suggests that they don't have plans on releasing it. My question is, is there an official explanation on why the decided not to release the REDkit for Witcher 3?

They are quite busy developing the upcoming expansions. Perhaps they will plan for witcher 3 redkit after the expansions are done.

uriel_

Forum regular
Perhaps. I hope so, certainly better later than never. Although if that was the case a simple confirmation they do plan to release it eventually would help to calm the waters...

My question is, is there an official explanation on why the decided not to release the REDkit for Witcher 3?
dunno of an "official explanation" but for me it seems pretty clear:
once you've used REDkit for Witcher 2 you will realize how powerful and rich featured it is.
You could create worlds, not a too big problem.

But as soon as you wanted to implement some scripts for example you felt the lack of a decent documentation.
There was a user powered wiki that was abondened by the stuff for unknown reason.

So in sum it looks like CDPR found it too time consuming and inefficient to continue support of REDkit

Comparing it to CreationKit (Bethesda) for example you can see how a successful modding tool concept would look like.

Not to say that the REDkit concept were bad - you just have to deal with way too many details as soon as you intend to create a more complex mod.

Top Bottom