Remember when CDPR cared about immersion?

+
Realism?? Seriously, maybe you should grab a coffee and think that one through

You can be totally fine with blades or rockets coming out your arms, aswell as every other various enhancement but you cant seem to wrap your head around actual clothing that is designed to protect and look good at the same time and if you have the edddies be of higher calibre than say military grade

Your thinking seems firmly stuck in real world context, your not in the real world, your in Night City where eddies will buy you anything including sexy clothing that will protect you better than any military gear
Post automatically merged:

Because it wasnt implemented, same with a hella lot of things apparently
So you would play a game that enter a car normally like a human, seated and then drive through walls and objects?

And I assume you would also play the game when your M4A1 rifle only able to melee and animate like a katana and then your katana shoots 5.56ammo when you melee slash.

Maybe the T-shirt is made out of nanofibers and the vest isn't. You know, those things that exist in the real world too but are too expensive to make for mass-markets still? You could easily make a bullet-proof T-shirt with that stuff, today.

Good job defending a game advertised for it's "immersive-ness"..

The game industry getting worse and "passionless" thanks to players like you...

Im on record slating the lack of features, the utter disgrace thats the console release, the total and utter diaregard and underdevelopment of characters etc et fucking cetra

What im no on record with is jumping on band wagons and filling out echo chambers of back slapping entitled twats complaining about a fucking t-shirt and its armour rating, but OHhhhh its alright for triss in W3 to rain hellfire in nothing but shirt an trousers, but wait theres in-game reasons for that, yeah an CP doesnt, ok back slapper you win here a cookie
Post automatically merged:

So you would play a game that enter a car normally like a human, seated and then drive through walls and objects?

And I assume you would also play the game when your M4A1 rifle only able to melee and animate like a katana and then your katana shoots 5.56ammo when you melee slash.

First it bugs

Second i actually played something close to that, Final Fantasy i think, Gunblade, fine weapon

Second i actually played something close to that, Final Fantasy i think, Gunblade, fine weapon
you are missing the point.. I'm not talking about fantasy game... Do you know what is M4A1 and katana is? I'm not talking about Gunblade..

I can just speak for myself, but I like to change clothing and look different and I like to be not forced to run around in Militech-Armor all the time.

So, if I have to decide "Realism and Immersion" or fun ... I take the fun ... and use my imagination to get immersed.
And if a tank top is more bullet proof as my Arasaka military vest ... wow, nice tank top made of great material.
Works well for me.

Regards

I can just speak for myself, but I like to change clothing and look different and I like to be not forced to run around in Militech-Armor all the time.

So, if I have to decide "Realism and Immersion" or fun ... I take the fun ... and use my imagination to get immersed.
And if a tank top is more bullet proof as my Arasaka military vest ... wow, nice tank top made of great material.
Works well for me.

Regards

In the PnP you have street wear and "mission gear". Shame they didn't implement that.

Works well for me.

Regards
Whole point of single player RPG is immersion and value of a choice. Like want to look cool with MMO kind of logic - play MMO. In traditional sense - armor in rpg gives you a choice on how to look and what benefits it provides to your character/build. And crafting is a part of that as well. While it is ok to have some leeway in your look it is unacceptable to have same freaking crap like in MMOs or online shooters where it is about looking like a Christmas tree and not about immersive world that has benefits and downsides based on your choices.

Works well for me.

Regards

I'd be fine if clothing and armor were separate, with the clothing being what's visible and the armor being what the stats come from.
But there is only so much your imagination can do. How does that tank top protect your arms? And again, why does Arasaka, a mega corp, give their employees armor less useful than a street choom?

And if consider actual RPG classics like Fallout(1,2, Tactics or New Vegas) or Gothic(up to 3). Armor you can get is based on multiple factors and choices you as a player have to make. You will not run in some random ass pink boxes to fight dragons or mutants. You will progress, find, craft or buy gear that has meaningful impact and has aesthetic to back it up. Also choices you make: do you even need armor, can you even equip armor, what stats should it provide to benefit your build. In Gothic 2 as a mage you get locked into robes, which gives way less physical defense but decent magical and acts as a counter to your dps output. Want to be a cool mage - great, but you can't be a heavy armor wearing one. Sounds limited right? But it was years ago and logic is still soundproof. And easy to balance. And gives replayability and immersion. Same as in PnP Cyberpunk 2020.

Morrowind on the other hand goes a more open route making it "free". And where it led? Oblivion with scaling mechanic that was already meh into disaster named Skyrim with 0 balance whatsoever and not really playable without numerous community developed mods. What immersion are we talking about when fight with a rat level one and same fight on level 20 feels the same?

Top Bottom